Ho... Dear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see Hochanda TV have got themselves a new presenter...none other than DIY Charlie ... from numerous channels...:mysmilie_17:

I watch on freeview and the picture is fine, the sound has improved. I don't have issues with the lighting either as I can see what I need to even if the sets aren't as brightly lit. As for hearing other conversations - they need to take more care to switch the mics on and off.
I find it easier to watch online in the evening as there's no buffering but during the day it's dire. I think some of these issues must be down to signal strength and location which isn't necessarily their fault.
As for hours of the same thing.......... it's a one day special and I seem to remember we got several hours in a day of the TSV on QVC and C&C can have endless hours of one die company after another.
As for the mix of programmes they need to see what will attract people and what won't........... if it was endless papercrafting everyone who isn't in to that would be moaning.
We've asked for more variety and that's what they are trying to provide and it is down to personal preference - I'm not a dog or cat person and avoid all those shows but I don't moan about them being on as I don't have time to watch all day.

As for amateurish well we could say the same about most new presenter when they first joined the other two channels - so no difference IMO.
I do however think that smutty innuendo, in jokes with the crew and gallery, talking about their personal lives particularly when it's nothing even remotely connected to the products, talking over guests etc, is unprofessional. If push comes to shove I'd go for amateur over unprofessional.
I'm enjoying the programmes I choose to watch and if 3 channels mean more of us can watch shows we actually like the style of then that's got to be good. I'm watching hardly any C&C and that's nothing to do with style but all down to the content as I'm not a fan of the 3 or 4 main companies that they seem to be focusing on.

Last edited:
Hochanda went wrong a short time ago, the channel completely fell off air during a live demo. When it eventually came back on, the same demo was on, but the live graphic in the corner was removed. And now they seem unable to play out any promos or videos.

Sadly this is already reminding me of The Outlet Channel. It needs a lot of work and improvement. I don't understand how a group of people with so much experience in shopping television can produce and happily put something like this out there. I am not looking for negatives or deliberately being horrible, I'm concerned and quite disappointed. I hope they manage to iron out the issues quite quickly and open up a viewer feedback system.

Sadly this is already reminding me of The Outlet Channel. It needs a lot of work and improvement. I don't understand how a group of people with so much experience in shopping television can produce and happily put something like this out there. I am not looking for negatives or deliberately being horrible, I'm concerned and quite disappointed. I hope they manage to iron out the issues quite quickly and open up a viewer feedback system.

I seem to remember seeing several issues that were posted about on their facebook page being mentioned and dealt with on-air.
So I think it's possible for anyone to put something on their facebook page and it will be read even if it's not acted upon. But they have mentioned several times that they appreciate the feedback they are getting.

Well they have admitted to going live too soon but apparently it was down to a freeview channel becoming available - it could have been a case of take it now or wait to see if you get another slot some time in the future.
I don't blame them for that considering the mish-mash of times and channel numbers that the Craft Channel have announce and the fact that they won't have freeview for the launch expect for those watching HD.............. I will only be able to watch online so I only hope that I can come Monday when they launch.
I think both channels really need to be given enough time to get things sorted out........ other channels have had years to get to where they are now and they weren't without their problems in the beginning. But then some people do love to be negative.

Latest posts

Back