The new Bid.tv...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just found this thread, didn't realise rumours of Bid returning were confirmed. I got the impression that Lisa Brash's tweet may have been a hint that she would like to return. I've no idea what she has done since Bid and seen nothing online about her. I am curious about where former presenters end up (all right nosy is a better word!). Just hoping that the worry angels never return, I have nothing to add that has not already been said here.

Hello Mutters,
Just a quick observation, if Bid does make a return, I was thinking of applying as a presenter. I don't have any TV presence, never done TV before, useless at public speaking, easily tongue tied, and my DIY skills are zero, totally colour blind, too boot - still, on thinking about it, I think I may be in with a bloomin good shot. :mysmilie_17:

No shop at bid graphics nonsense. Ghastly iw type graphics, go back to the good old days. And falling auction not fixed price rubbish. Are bidtv going to be in the same studios acton, london ? What products are you going to sell ?under no circumstances no blasted worry angels. When it beauty and fashion do products for both sexes. Don't buy garbage like refurbished crap that don't work, and prestiage phone crap phew rant over.

Hello Mutters,
Just a quick observation, if Bid does make a return, I was thinking of applying as a presenter. I don't have any TV presence, never done TV before, useless at public speaking, easily tongue tied, and my DIY skills are zero, totally colour blind, too boot - still, on thinking about it, I think I may be in with a bloomin good shot. :mysmilie_17:

Dave, you sound a bit over qualified to me! I'll write you a great reference supporting your application!

Hello Mutters,

You'll walk it!

Dave, you sound a bit over qualified to me! I'll write you a great reference supporting your application!

Yes Mutters, massively over qualified, should travel round all shopping TV studios giving seminars on "how to be a good presenter"............lets hope you get some good news today.

Thank you all for your support, but on reflection, I am happy to remain anonymous! I don't think I could waffle so much guff as some already presenting, and I do find it difficult to tell fibs, or to have a shocked face every time I see a cheese square being cooked in a frying pan - even though I would have seen it hundreds of times before! Also, by buying the most mundane "TAT", I couldn't endorse, that it would "change my life" if I did get the it, or say I have every single item, or know someone in the family who has!!!. I have all the pans, irons, super duper Quad core 4 brain smart phones, laptops, mine was new btw - not pre loved - or as I like to say SECOND HAND! I am happy to clean my own conservatory, and don't want any exercise equipment. Just to sum up, I do have a radio at home that is so powerful, it gets the 7 pm news at 6.30 pm, and just to show how reckless I really am - I eat after 8 mints before 7pm. :mysmilie_17:

H
Thank you all for your support, but on reflection, I am happy to remain anonymous! I don't think I could waffle so much guff as some already presenting, and I do find it difficult to tell fibs, or to have a shocked face every time I see a cheese square being cooked in a frying pan - even though I would have seen it hundreds of times before! Also, by buying the most mundane "TAT", I couldn't endorse, that it would "change my life" if I did get the it, or say I have every single item, or know someone in the family who has!!!. I have all the pans, irons, super duper Quad core 4 brain smart phones, laptops, mine was new btw - not pre loved - or as I like to say SECOND HAND! I am happy to clean my own conservatory, and don't want any exercise equipment. Just to sum up, I do have a radio at home that is so powerful, it gets the 7 pm news at 6.30 pm, and just to show how reckless I really am - I eat after 8 mints before 7pm. :mysmilie_17:

Ooh after 8 mints before 7pm?............controversial.........I like it! :mysmilie_17:

Yes Mutters, massively over qualified, should travel round all shopping TV studios giving seminars on "how to be a good presenter"............lets hope you get some good news today.

Hi Shopperholic, I have just posted on the IW forum but I will tell you here, I am just been offered the long term temporary job (pending security checks - it is civil service)! I received the phone call over an hour ago and I have not come down off "cloud nine"!!!!! Thanks for being so supportive, I really appreciate it.

Adam, Oh please, just a few worry angels? Pretty please? I think you are being rather harsh here, don't forget the worry angels are with you.."at those times when you need a folder to sign on - sorry, shoulder to cry on - when the world seems dark in the morning of the twilight of night".....(quote courtesy of Pope Pete).

No shop at bid graphics nonsense. Ghastly iw type graphics, go back to the good old days. And falling auction not fixed price rubbish. Are bidtv going to be in the same studios acton, london ? What products are you going to sell ?under no circumstances no blasted worry angels. When it beauty and fashion do products for both sexes. Don't buy garbage like refurbished crap that don't work, and prestiage phone crap phew rant over.

Can I add my congratulations, Mutters! As an ex-Civil Serpent to another, wish you every success in the job, hope it leads to permanent if you want it. Good for you!!

Hi Shopperholic, I have just posted on the IW forum but I will tell you here, I am just been offered the long term temporary job (pending security checks - it is civil service)! I received the phone call over an hour ago and I have not come down off "cloud nine"!!!!! Thanks for being so supportive, I really appreciate it.

You just don't care, do you? This lifestyle will catch up with you.....don't say you weren't warned..:giggle:

Yay!!! I'm so pleased for you!!! You deserve it, I knew you'd do us all proud, well done!!.........I can't stop smiling now it's made my week that. :mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

If they going to relaunch they need to get it done now the Christmas market for tv channels starts now if they don't it's pointless in even bothering.

If they going to relaunch they need to get it done now the Christmas market for tv channels starts now if they don't it's pointless in even bothering.

Don't know why they're bothering anyway, they didn't pull it off last time, rip off yes, pull it off no. Will be interesting to see if the formats changed though hey?

Anyone else think this Bid tv relaunch has gone on long enough...if it's a hoax or a joke they should just admit it and let the brand die for good.

Latest posts

Back