Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

Protect your children and your finances .....

Read More

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default The picture quality is awful

It looks like it was filmed twenty years ago and the website SHOULD have been up and running as the channel launched. It still isn't up properly. I wonder if they will improve things by going HD, as we need a clear picture of what they are trying to sell us, rather than the grainy image they have now.

› See More: The picture quality is awful
      Likes Rainbow Lady liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is it on freeview?

It's never too late to learn something new

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stratobuddy View Post
      Is it on freeview?
      Yes, channel 39
      Thanks stratobuddy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it's very difficult to get a view of what the presenters/guests are doing when making an intricate item.The camara work needs to be sorted out.They need to do some close ups. They were making some tiny dolls house figures in one show and I would have needed a large magnifying glass to be able to see what they were doing.

Post Thanks / Like

stratobuddy, it's on freeview channel 39 - that's if you can see it! Talk about put another coin in the electric meter, they obviously haven't paid the electric bill yet!....It reminds me of the sets on the original "Crossroads" soap opera back in the '60's and '70's, where the background sets wobbled every time an actor walked by!

Quote Originally Posted by stratobuddy View Post
      Is it on freeview?
      Thanks stratobuddy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

you are all wrong!!

haven't we all sat and watched shopping telly and thought to ourselves ''this is ok, but it would be much better if it was filmed in the dark... and not live... but shown in fast forward (I swear that happened an hour ago)''
      Likes historymystery liked this post

''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

Post Thanks / Like

Lol! This channel is turning into a bit of a farce. They've obviously not done their planning and preparation.... I switched over again this afternoon and it was Lee 'flippin Clark presenting, yet again! True I've only switched over now and again during the day over the past week (or however long it's been on), but each time it's been him! He was never the most interesting of selly telly presenters in my book, although probably quite competent, but the odds are stacked against him with this turkey of a channel. When I turned over this afternoon there was a female guest feeding something (paper, I think) through some kind of cutting or stamping machine, and struggling to get it right, which didn't look very professional. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      you are all wrong!!

haven't we all sat and watched shopping telly and thought to ourselves ''this is ok, but it would be much better if it was filmed in the dark... and not live... but shown in fast forward (I swear that happened an hour ago)''
      Last edited by historymystery; 04-09-2015 at 07:04 PM.
      Likes mr tom liked this post

8. Booking.com
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Lee.....
    Likes Rainbow Lady , carrots liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The picture is fine on my telly (freeview) and computer when it's broadcasting that is. I also think the close-ups have improved - at least they were fine on the show I watched with Kleshna, but then I only watched one not all of them. I don't think the close-ups were much different on any other channel that I've watched - but then I don't watch all the time, just occasionally.
    Yes they rushed to try and get established before the Craft Channel launch but it doesn't mean all the problems would have been sorted before they launched, if they only ever viewed the output fed directly to studio monitors it's not the same as watching a tv that is getting a broadcast signal via a transmitter mast.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to add my 2 cents, the picture has got really blurry since yesterday and is now almost unwatchable on Freeview, also the HD quality on the website had stopped and is almost as bad as the telly, I have a fast enough broadband to handle HD too.

It's such a shame and feel quite deflated with the start of the channel. The website says they rushed to air as a space became available early on Freeview, they should have just used it to advertise the start of the channel and start full time broadcasting when they were ready and not sooner. I won't mention the website, or lack of.

I do hope this doesn't affect suppliers like Clarity Stamps etc.

Tx
    ----
    Last edited by londoniscrazy; 05-09-2015 at 10:53 PM.