Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World Welcomes Celebrity Paul Ross as Guest Presenter

Well known for his appearance on many TV and radio shows over the decades, Paul canít wait to take centre stage and present his favourite products to you!

Weíre sure you are as excited as we are to welcome our new guest presenter Paul Ross to the Ideal World team. With decades of experience in the industry and after appearing on many TV shows including ITVís This Morning and The Alan Titchmarsh Show, Paul will bring some showbiz to the home of television shopping.

Paul canít wait to get started on the show and deliver fantastic offers straight to your front room. ďIím utterly thrilled to be joining the top team of presenters on my favourite shopping channel. Itís been my guilty secret for ages! Iíve been a viewer and buyer for many years too and love their market beating offers on stonking products. Iíd love viewers to join me at the weekends when Iíll bring them my fresh shopping selectionĒ.

Read More

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

Default The Non Craft item tread

6AM Show - They are now selling a Halogen Oven!

Wasn't this meant to be a Craft Channel?

If they are already diversifying into selling all manner of other junk IW sell - Is this the beginning of the end or are they just trying to find ANYTHING that'll sell at this point?

Wonder what we'll get next? Vacuum cleaner that won't pick up? Memory foam mattress? Steam Cleaner? Antique Laptops? Miracle ceramic pans?

› See More: The Non Craft item tread
      Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does the clothes steamer count that they were flogging in the sewing show?
      Likes historymystery, carrots liked this post

Flying Pigs

3.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I think the cooking and sewing related items (steamer to iron items that have been made at home) come under the 'Hobby' in their name. And the rose bushes would be a gardening related hobby. None of the above are hobbies I'm interested in and they will probably lose viewers who expected all the shows to be papercrafting.
      Likes kinglake, historymystery liked this post

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I think there are lots of people who enjoy cooking but not the everyday stuff and kitchen equipment will appeal to them. It was a stretch to include a clothes steamer (it wasn't a steam cleaner) but it's something useful for dressmakers, quilters etc. so why not sell it - the same applies to the sewing machine they had on.

They did start off by saying they would cover hobbies arts and crafts. They can't win at the moment though - if it's not papercraft they are being knocked for selling it. But it's not that long ago people were moaning about C&C concentrating on papercraft and they wanted to see a wider variety of crafts.
      I think you will just have to cherry pick the shows you want from each channel in the future and not expect to watch one all day.
      Likes pyjama princess liked this post

7.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

There was a battery operated hand held mixer yesterday which should mix while standing in a bowl unaided.Unfortunately they couldn't get it to perform despite changing to a bigger bowl.

I suppose they could be classing cooking as a hobby but its a bit of a stretch.

Agree with Carrots ,it is quite good to switch on and see a variety of items,speaking as a channel hopper,but they do need to sort out the echo ,sometimes its difficult to hear what's being said clearly.
      Last edited by Turandot; 05-09-2015 at 09:32 AM.

9.    Gemporia / Amaozon Prime

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't supposed to be just a Craft channel and certainly never a papercraft channel. People are just amused that some of the stuff flogged on the other shopping channels are getting an airing , like the halogen oven.

Flying Pigs

11.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

I can see what's happening here, they are pushing Team International (Team UKI) items, aka Efbe-Schott.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the new Shop at Bid. This is obviously what Mr Wright wanted Bid TV to become.

See for yourselves, any one of the items featured on this website could appear next...
      http://www.teamuki.com/
      Thanks UkSki thanked for this post
      Likes historymystery liked this post

13.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Well spotted shopatdrop

15.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of Hochanda anacronym Home of Craft, Hobbies and Art it is now Hchanda, Home, Craft, Hobbies and Art!
      ďThe butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.Ē

17.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone fancy 12 microfibre cloths for £12.94? or "Ultimate finish" water free car wash for £22.94?
      Last edited by UkSki; 07-09-2015 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Can't do math at 5:40am
      Likes historymystery, Turandot liked this post

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising