Molton Brown TSV 11/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's all too strongly scented for me so can't use it.
We have a Molton Brown shop in town, it all looks very nice but you rarely see any customers in there, I don't know how they stay open.

We have three in Belfast, two stand alone and one in the House of Fraser.

I actually went in to one last Saturday as I spotted the new Tobacco Absolute and wanted a sniff. There were others in at the time nosing around. I did buy a bottle of the Oudh Accord & Gold edt, love the shower gel. Was given a free 30mls size of the Tobacco Absolute and a 100mls shower of my choice free(picked the Blackpepper one).

They do loads online as I get emails with offers regularly. I bet they do most of their business around Christmas time.

Hmmm I really hate Ylang Ylang so I think I'll give it a miss. I also have a lot of the mini products I bought on special offer - gave the YY ones away. I'm not going to watch.

CC

Do molton brown products lose there colour quite quickly? My pink peppercorn body wash has gone from pink to yellow. Does that normally happen?

I got an email about this TSV. Disappointed there are no easy pays again. You would have thought they would have learnt from the feedback from the last one. So many more people would have bought it had it been on easy pays.

i have a feelin that might be molton brown themselves restricting them to hardly any easy pays

I think so. I don't think QVC offer them out of the goodness of their hearts... I can imagine QVC expect the supplier to foot the entire risk, and probably they pay the supplier in their own QVC-defined easy pays!

Do molton brown products lose there colour quite quickly? My pink peppercorn body wash has gone from pink to yellow. Does that normally happen?

This has often happened to my MB products when kept on a very sunny bathroom windowsill.

I also got the email to buy early. I can see the whining on their Facebook page again about no easy. Someone recently said that most of the beauty TSVs lately are not on easy and it was unfair.

I think it's QVC who decide wether there's easy pays or not, once they've bought the stock from, say Molton Brown, what would they care what QVC do once they've got their money?

I am still very undecided about this. If the Ylang Ylang wasn't in it l would most probably have ordered it. I did think l could give that as a present but feel l would have to get a body lotion to go with it to make it look reasonable and they are £25. What do people on here think? If you got just a MB shower gel for Christmas would you think it was a nice gift? I know l would like it personally but others might think it's a bit tight just getting that on its own.

It depends who the presents for, if I gave it to my 27 and 30 year old daughter in laws, not knowing Molton Brown they'd just see it as shower gel, it's like when I used to shop with QVC years ago, because they didn't, I was paying for named brands, names they knew nothing about so I could've easier have shopped in Boots or on the net and saved a few quid. They were happy with whatever they got, It's just they'd never heard of Leighton Denny so that nail polish set looked like one in Poundstretecher for a tenner and I'd paid £40 for the Leighton Denny one, only you'll know how they'll feel about it.

It depends who the presents for, if I gave it to my 27 and 30 year old daughter in laws, not knowing Molton Brown they'd just see it as shower gel, it's like when I used to shop with QVC years ago, because they didn't, I was paying for named brands, names they knew nothing about so I could've easier have shopped in Boots or on the net and saved a few quid. They were happy with whatever they got, It's just they'd never heard of Leighton Denny so that nail polish set looked like one in Poundstretecher for a tenner and I'd paid £40 for the Leighton Denny one, only you'll know how they'll feel about it.

Thanks for this. One of my best friends loves the range and she is getting a new shower fitted. I might give it to her as she would love it and it would be a bit of luxury for her. She doesn't go on this forum so won't have a clue its from a TSV. She doesn't even watch QVC.l once gave my sister some Elemis shower products and they were wasted on her as she had never heard of the range!

I'd be very happy with a Molton Brown shower gel. I'd personally rather not have the matching body lotion as there are others I prefer.

Also I do know what you're saying about people not necessarily recognising a brand but honestly if a friend bought me a lovely smelling, nice to use shower gel it wouldn't matter to me what I thought it was worth. I bought a friend some Liz Earle goodies. She loved them but had never heard of Liz Earle. Giving thoughtful gifts is what matters.

Very true, shopperholic, the last time I went to USA, I bought two Lola Rose necklaces, graduating hearts in blue sandstones and a couple of Bibi Bijoux bracelets as presents (you and I know they are not cheap and I would have loved to have kept one of those Lola Rose necklaces for myself especially as they are not available anymore) and even though they uttered the correct words of appreciation, I was so disappointed that they were not as excited I expected :sad: I will not make the same mistakes again.

This has often happened to my MB products when kept on a very sunny bathroom windowsill.

It has happened to a couple of Marks & Spencers bath stuff (went from pink to white) and another brand of bath & shower gel that I kept on the window sill . There was no problem to the bath stuff itself, only the colour. I used them up because they had had lost their decorative purpose :nod:

Very true, shopperholic, the last time I went to USA, I bought two Lola Rose necklaces, graduating hearts in blue sandstones and a couple of Bibi Bijoux bracelets as presents (you and I know they are not cheap and I would have loved to have kept one of those Lola Rose necklaces for myself especially as they are not available anymore) and even though they uttered the correct words of appreciation, I was so disappointed that they were not as excited I expected :sad: I will not make the same mistakes again.

Yes exactly! If I bought them a Lola Rose bracelet for £40 they'd just see it as costume jewellery you get anywhere for a fiver because they've never heard of Lola Rose, so yes that's a good example.

Thanks for this. One of my best friends loves the range and she is getting a new shower fitted. I might give it to her as she would love it and it would be a bit of luxury for her. She doesn't go on this forum so won't have a clue its from a TSV. She doesn't even watch QVC.l once gave my sister some Elemis shower products and they were wasted on her as she had never heard of the range!

Ah yes of course, if someone loves the range then they'll love your gift. I know what you mean about the Elemis, yes that's exactly what I meant.

Latest posts

Back