Sensitive skin - reacting to everything! - Page 3
Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up










    BROWSE THE SHOPPINGTELLY.COM FORUM AD FREE - CLICK HERE

    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 45
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      18
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default


      ADVERTISING


      Fab advice already. I would also recommend aqueous cream to ditch the soap for the time being until things have settled.
      When I had a horrid outbreak of dermatitis earlier this year I tried aqueous cream. My doctor said one of the main advantages of this is that it is cheap so can be used liberally but they now recommend Aquamax cream because it is even more hydrating. You can buy it over the counter - around 7 for 500g tub- and you can use it as a cleanser (soap substitute) and as a moisturiser. That and cortisone creams eventually calmed my condition.

      Do try your doctor as they might be able to refer you to a dermatologist. Best of luck - having a flare-up face is no fun so I hope you find a solution.
      Thanks Loveinamist thanked for this post
       

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Posts
      6,016
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      ADVERTISING
      Quote Originally Posted by Loveinamist View Post
      Fab advice already. I would also recommend aqueous cream to ditch the soap for the time being until things have settled. I had a bad reaction to shampoo and I have very sensitive skin. Rozex was prescribed for Rosacea as my skin developed angry areas and needed an antibiotic treatment, this cream worked like a magic wand for me. Also, wear gloves in bed, white thin cotton manicure ones, to prevent putting hand cream on your face whilst you are sleeping. Lanolin, Aloe Vera, mineral oils and perfumes are my reactive culprits. Hope you find yours very quickly.
      You have to be careful with aqueous cream. It contains sodium lauryl sulfate (not the same as sodium laureth sulfate, but still a known skin irritant).

      Caroline Hirons' blog is a useful source of excellent advice:

      http://www.carolinehirons.com/2015/0...-inactive.html
      http://www.carolinehirons.com/2012/0...t-to-list.html
      http://www.carolinehirons.com/2015/0...gredients.html
      Thanks Loveinamist thanked for this post
      Likes lilith liked this post
       

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      5,001
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by ElfinAngel View Post
      When I had a horrid outbreak of dermatitis earlier this year I tried aqueous cream. My doctor said one of the main advantages of this is that it is cheap so can be used liberally but they now recommend Aquamax cream because it is even more hydrating. You can buy it over the counter - around 7 for 500g tub- and you can use it as a cleanser (soap substitute) and as a moisturiser. That and cortisone creams eventually calmed my condition.

      Do try your doctor as they might be able to refer you to a dermatologist. Best of luck - having a flare-up face is no fun so I hope you find a solution.
      I used to use Fucidin H (with HydroCortisone) from my GP for dermatitis on my hands, and later noticed that Alpha H Age delay Hand Cream manages the condition as well if not better, and as a lighter version when the healing already took place I use Liquid Gold every other night. I'm now all clear but noticed that it's the washing up liquid that brings it on so I need to remember to wear the rubber gloves.

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      606
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
      You have to be careful with aqueous cream. It contains sodium lauryl sulfate (not the same as sodium laureth sulfate, but still a known skin irritant).

      Caroline Hirons' blog is a useful source of excellent advice:

      http://www.carolinehirons.com/2015/0...-inactive.html
      http://www.carolinehirons.com/2012/0...t-to-list.html
      http://www.carolinehirons.com/2015/0...gredients.html
      tata maymorgan, was familiar with this site,
      but not seen info in the last link,
      and have learned quite a bit more than i knew... nice one

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      606
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      you may want to try Ecover Washing Up Liquid also
      seems to be free of all the major irritants, as far as i know

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      5,001
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by lilith View Post
      you may want to try Ecover Washing Up Liquid also
      seems to be free of all the major irritants, as far as i know
      I did and it is still drying on my hands, I need something even more gentle.

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      3,854
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I found Faith in Nature washing up liquid to be one of the best.
      Thanks Marina , lilith thanked for this post
       

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      606
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      oh i see, yes, hot water is drying on hands as it is .....

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      5,001
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
      I found Faith in Nature washing up liquid to be one of the best.
      I've just quickly checked online and it doesn't seem to be sold on High Street as far as I can tell. Would you recommend a particular place to buy it from Vienna?

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      606
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default


      ADVERTISING


      just came across this http://www.mypure.co.uk/organic-natu...hing-up-liquid
      had some lovely things from mypure.co.uk - free delivery too,
      only yesterday got a nice natural konjac sponge from them and some natural Seabuckthorn oil and they included a nice sample of Madara Micellar Water

      it is a good selection and all conform to their purity promise : http://www.mypure.co.uk/promise (if you don't know it already ...) and they got 20% off everything at the mo

      Faith in Nature, seen it in my health food shop and Holland & Barrett, but never tried it
      H&B have a buy one, get one half price at the mo on everything,
      and i might try the Faith in Nature Bathfoam, now you got me interested

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •