Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World announces
    UK Launch of Moppy by Polti

Ideal World is delighted to announce the arrival of Moppy by Polti a brand new cleaning system designed to make your cleaning life easier. Making its UK debut live on Ideal World TV at 10pm on Thursday 22nd June, Moppy will launch for the exclusive price of 99.99 (usual price 129.99) to celebrate its arrival!

With its double clean function as a dust sweeper and also as a hygienic cleaner, Moppy removes dirt and bacteria from all surfaces including floors and vertical surfaces too. Using the hot steam charged cloths, which are easy to remove and wash, Moppy is 99.9% effective at removing 4 main types of bacteria, including E.Coli due to the unique material of the microfiber cloths - making your cleaning routine thorough and quick too.

Lightweight and portable, this cordless floor cleaner has extra manoeuvrability with its 360 degree rotation. Combined with its flat and flexible shape and head, Moppy can reach virtually anywhere! And its ready in ten seconds too for a speedy clean when you need it most.

Read More

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Bondic Liquid Plastic

Watching the repeat of Bondic Liquid Glue....it's so embarrassing bad watching 'David' the guest and the presenter (who doesn't stop talking) demonstrating the product it's that funny I've not stopped laughing.

› See More: Bondic Liquid Plastic
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
      Likes clevercat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

craftman - I was just about to post something when I saw yours! Wasn't it hilarious? Talk about car crash telly, I couldn't take my eyes off and my husband was in fits of laughter, saying "he's wasting his time, that ruddy stuff's never going to stick". I think the presenter, Matt McNamara (ex-Gems TV), was talking more and more to cover the embarrassment, and to try to draw attention from the fact the guest bloke was struggling. I can only assume it was some sort of craft thing (two rings) that they were trying to join together - I couldn't see for laughing. Don't think the bloke dared to mess around with the 2 ring thingy when he'd finished, in case it fell to bits!! What creased me up more was when Matt said something along the lines of.."special price today, it was a bargain at the previous price". Yeah, right, such a ruddy bargain as it only worked (or seemed to work) if you stood there for 10 minutes sticking half a hundredweight of glue on it! Terrible, terrible presentation; they're going to have to do better than that if they want this venture to last, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by craftman View Post
      Watching the repeat of Bondic Liquid Glue....it's so embarrassing bad watching 'David' the guest and the presenter (who doesn't stop talking) demonstrating the product it's that funny I've not stopped laughing.
      Likes craftman, clevercat , shopperholic , UkSki liked this post

3.    Sewing Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

I only managed to watch a bit as I felt so uncomfortable as it all came apart at the seams, most unfortunate for a programme selling super adhesive/repair/fixative product. I thought the bloke demonstrating was going to either walk off or throttle the presenter.
      Likes craftman, historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! and you've reminded me that at one point Matt rashly said something to the effect of "could we just see...." asking the guest bloke to do something with the bits stuck together.....the guy looked at Matt as though he could throttle him, and husband and I held our breath, as we thought the whole thing would collapse! Husband muttered "that was a close shave" when it held together, but looking very precarious. As you've said, SO embarrassing, my toes were pointing upwards. I agree about the guest bloke - he had a face like thunder at the end and I wondered if he was considering grabbing Matt and chucking him across the floor - if I was Matt, I would have got the bloke off asap, not asked him to do something else with the flippin' thing. It was dire, but we couldn't look away.

Quote Originally Posted by clevercat View Post
      I only managed to watch a bit as I felt so uncomfortable as it all came apart at the seams, most unfortunate for a programme selling super adhesive/repair/fixative product. I thought the bloke demonstrating was going to either walk off or throttle the presenter.
      Likes craftman, shopperholic liked this post

6.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

But I was tempted to buy some, never seen a product like it before, and was dearer on Amazon.
      Likes historymystery liked this post

It's never too late to learn something new

8.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

strato, please let us know how (or whether!) it works, if you do buy some! I'd love to know if the guest bloke was just making a hash of it, or whether it was the product not doing its job properly.

Quote Originally Posted by stratobuddy View Post
      But I was tempted to buy some, never seen a product like it before, and was dearer on Amazon.
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

10.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

It's 20 free p&p on Amazon.

12.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I think the price on Hochanda was 29.00 or 29.99 - to be fair, I can't remember, so could well be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't under 20. Matt definitely said something about it being a lower price than previously shown. I also didn't catch the p & p charges, which I assume were on top - unless they have some free p & p days? I watch it so little, I'm not sure. Wonder if (or when) the stuff will re-appear - we'll have to keep an eye on their schedules!

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      Last edited by historymystery; 25-09-2015 at 06:54 AM.
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

14.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      I think the price on Hochanda was 29.00 or 29.99 - to be fair, I can't remember, so could well be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't under 20. Matt definitely said something about it being a lower price than previously shown. I also didn't catch the p & p charges, which I assume were on top - unless they have some free p & p days? I watch it so little, I'm not sure. Wonder if (or when) the stuff will re-appear - we'll have to keep an eye on their schedules!
      Watched a bit of the Craft Channel yesterday, was really surprised how like QVC it was, same (ex) presenters, similar old school graphics, freephone number based in Liverpool (well Birkenhead) 30 day money back guarantee, which will be handy for crafters. I was watching Debie Greenwood and guest making some cream and lip balm, looked nice but a bit pricey, even though I rarely watch QVC, how they ever let that woman go I'll never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      Yes, but only 1 tube, HC is 2 tubes for 29-99 + pp (2-95 I think) so in round figures 16-50 each inc pp.

On the other hand, although you get 2 tubes with HC, you only get 1 lamp, so it is marginal and depends how much "glue" you need (except they keep saying it is NOT glue).

It's never too late to learn something new