Bondic Liquid Plastic

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

craftman

Registered Shopper
Watching the repeat of Bondic Liquid Glue....it's so embarrassing bad watching 'David' the guest and the presenter (who doesn't stop talking) demonstrating the product it's that funny I've not stopped laughing. :mysmilie_14: :mysmilie_13: :mysmilie_14: :mysmilie_13:

craftman - I was just about to post something when I saw yours! Wasn't it hilarious? Talk about car crash telly, I couldn't take my eyes off and my husband was in fits of laughter, saying "he's wasting his time, that ruddy stuff's never going to stick". I think the presenter, Matt McNamara (ex-Gems TV), was talking more and more to cover the embarrassment, and to try to draw attention from the fact the guest bloke was struggling. I can only assume it was some sort of craft thing (two rings) that they were trying to join together - I couldn't see for laughing. Don't think the bloke dared to mess around with the 2 ring thingy when he'd finished, in case it fell to bits!! What creased me up more was when Matt said something along the lines of.."special price today, it was a bargain at the previous price". Yeah, right, such a ruddy bargain as it only worked (or seemed to work) if you stood there for 10 minutes sticking half a hundredweight of glue on it! Terrible, terrible presentation; they're going to have to do better than that if they want this venture to last, I'd say.

Watching the repeat of Bondic Liquid Glue....it's so embarrassing bad watching 'David' the guest and the presenter (who doesn't stop talking) demonstrating the product it's that funny I've not stopped laughing. :mysmilie_14: :mysmilie_13: :mysmilie_14: :mysmilie_13:

I only managed to watch a bit as I felt so uncomfortable as it all came apart at the seams, most unfortunate for a programme selling super adhesive/repair/fixative product. I thought the bloke demonstrating was going to either walk off or throttle the presenter.

Yes! and you've reminded me that at one point Matt rashly said something to the effect of "could we just see...." asking the guest bloke to do something with the bits stuck together.....the guy looked at Matt as though he could throttle him, and husband and I held our breath, as we thought the whole thing would collapse! Husband muttered "that was a close shave" when it held together, but looking very precarious. As you've said, SO embarrassing, my toes were pointing upwards. I agree about the guest bloke - he had a face like thunder at the end and I wondered if he was considering grabbing Matt and chucking him across the floor - if I was Matt, I would have got the bloke off asap, not asked him to do something else with the flippin' thing. It was dire, but we couldn't look away.:mysmilie_486:

I only managed to watch a bit as I felt so uncomfortable as it all came apart at the seams, most unfortunate for a programme selling super adhesive/repair/fixative product. I thought the bloke demonstrating was going to either walk off or throttle the presenter.

strato, please let us know how (or whether!) it works, if you do buy some! I'd love to know if the guest bloke was just making a hash of it, or whether it was the product not doing its job properly.

But I was tempted to buy some, never seen a product like it before, and was dearer on Amazon.

I think the price on Hochanda was £29.00 or £29.99 - to be fair, I can't remember, so could well be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't under £20. Matt definitely said something about it being a lower price than previously shown. I also didn't catch the p & p charges, which I assume were on top - unless they have some free p & p days? I watch it so little, I'm not sure. Wonder if (or when) the stuff will re-appear - we'll have to keep an eye on their schedules!

It's £20 free p&p on Amazon.

Last edited:
I think the price on Hochanda was £29.00 or £29.99 - to be fair, I can't remember, so could well be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't under £20. Matt definitely said something about it being a lower price than previously shown. I also didn't catch the p & p charges, which I assume were on top - unless they have some free p & p days? I watch it so little, I'm not sure. Wonder if (or when) the stuff will re-appear - we'll have to keep an eye on their schedules!

Watched a bit of the Craft Channel yesterday, was really surprised how like QVC it was, same (ex) presenters, similar old school graphics, freephone number based in Liverpool (well Birkenhead) 30 day money back guarantee, which will be handy for crafters. I was watching Debie Greenwood and guest making some cream and lip balm, looked nice but a bit pricey, even though I rarely watch QVC, how they ever let that woman go I'll never know.

It's £20 free p&p on Amazon.

Yes, but only 1 tube, HC is 2 tubes for £29-99 + pp (£2-95 I think) so in round figures £16-50 each inc pp.

On the other hand, although you get 2 tubes with HC, you only get 1 lamp, so it is marginal and depends how much "glue" you need (except they keep saying it is NOT glue).

Well even if it did what they said it did, I still wouldn't buy it. TBH the lumpy finish didn't look good at all. As for the specs I saw being repaired - put glue on both pieces hold so as to leave a gap and then fill the gap............. this would make one arm longer and bulkier (so heavier) than the other and unbalance the glasses. This is why I always get a second pair so I'm not stuck if I break a pair + get metal frames LOL

Yes, but only 1 tube, HC is 2 tubes for £29-99 + pp (£2-95 I think) so in round figures £16-50 each inc pp.

On the other hand, although you get 2 tubes with HC, you only get 1 lamp, so it is marginal and depends how much "glue" you need (except they keep saying it is NOT glue).

Depends on how much glue is in each tube as well!

stratobuddy, good luck with this - don't forget to let us know whether it works (and whether the Hochanda one was the same size tube as you can get on Amazon).

I switched on repeat and he was holding the two rings and "pulling down" ever so gently allegedly! I told my DD about comments on here and car crash TV but we had to switch off, so uncomfortable 30sec viewing. Face like thunder, poor chap. Maybe the studio lights interfered with bondage! :mysmilie_853:

I must admit I watched the whole show as it was a new product to me, but I didn't look at their faces at all, I was concentrating on trying to see what he was doing, which was difficult as no closeups.

In the meantime, I've researched LOCA as in the Amazon link above.

Not sure if it is the same stuff, as LOCA is for mending broken glass on a smartphone.

It stands for Liquid Optically Clear Adhesive.

Loveinamist, I think presenter Matt was lucky to be able to walk off afterwards! I thought the guest was going to clock him one when Matt dared to ask something! I agree it was uncomfortable (even though I couldn't stop looking and my jaw was on the floor when I wasn't laughing). It seemed to go on forever and as stratobuddy says, the demo was flawed anyway, because apart from anything else you couldn't see what they were doing, the camera angles were so bad (perhaps that was deliberate, as maybe the cameraman can recognise a car crash moment well in advance).

I switched on repeat and he was holding the two rings and "pulling down" ever so gently allegedly! I told my DD about comments on here and car crash TV but we had to switch off, so uncomfortable 30sec viewing. Face like thunder, poor chap. Maybe the studio lights interfered with bondage! :mysmilie_853:

Last edited:
While channel hopping H, I seen Scott on Hochanda so that's were he got to. :mysmilie_17: just edited my spelling.........darn auto correct! :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
shopperholic, thanks for this. Now that's a surprise! I would never have expected him to turn up there! Get a few more former Gems presenters coming on, and it will be more like Gems than Gems, especially with all the new faces appearing on Gems these days! I'll have to watch for him re-appearing. I've just flicked over to Hochanda, and the Elvis bloke is on again (with Lee Clark), flogging the books with pictures of Elvis Presley in. From the way they are going on, you would think the books are valuable vintage items, but they are modern reprints, not hardbacks, either (oh Gawd, we've just been told to buy two sets of books, keeping one pristine so that it doesn't lose it's value. Now where have we been told to buy more than one before????).:mysmilie_504:

While channel hopping H, I seen Scott on Hochands, so that's were he got to. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back