Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family – The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services – joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

Protect your children and your finances .....

Read More

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Well even if it did what they said it did, I still wouldn't buy it. TBH the lumpy finish didn't look good at all. As for the specs I saw being repaired - put glue on both pieces hold so as to leave a gap and then fill the gap............. this would make one arm longer and bulkier (so heavier) than the other and unbalance the glasses. This is why I always get a second pair so I'm not stuck if I break a pair + get metal frames LOL

› See More: Bondic Liquid Plastic
      Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stratobuddy View Post
      Yes, but only 1 tube, HC is 2 tubes for £29-99 + pp (£2-95 I think) so in round figures £16-50 each inc pp.

On the other hand, although you get 2 tubes with HC, you only get 1 lamp, so it is marginal and depends how much "glue" you need (except they keep saying it is NOT glue).
      Depends on how much glue is in each tube as well!

Post Thanks / Like

stratobuddy, good luck with this - don't forget to let us know whether it works (and whether the Hochanda one was the same size tube as you can get on Amazon).

Quote Originally Posted by stratobuddy View Post
      Yes, but only 1 tube, HC is 2 tubes for £29-99 + pp (£2-95 I think) so in round figures £16-50 each inc pp.

On the other hand, although you get 2 tubes with HC, you only get 1 lamp, so it is marginal and depends how much "glue" you need (except they keep saying it is NOT glue).
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I switched on repeat and he was holding the two rings and "pulling down" ever so gently allegedly! I told my DD about comments on here and car crash TV but we had to switch off, so uncomfortable 30sec viewing. Face like thunder, poor chap. Maybe the studio lights interfered with bondage!

“The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.”

Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I watched the whole show as it was a new product to me, but I didn't look at their faces at all, I was concentrating on trying to see what he was doing, which was difficult as no closeups.

It's never too late to learn something new

Post Thanks / Like

In the meantime, I've researched LOCA as in the Amazon link above.

Not sure if it is the same stuff, as LOCA is for mending broken glass on a smartphone.

It stands for Liquid Optically Clear Adhesive.
      Thanks Loveinamist thanked for this post

It's never too late to learn something new

Post Thanks / Like

Loveinamist, I think presenter Matt was lucky to be able to walk off afterwards! I thought the guest was going to clock him one when Matt dared to ask something! I agree it was uncomfortable (even though I couldn't stop looking and my jaw was on the floor when I wasn't laughing). It seemed to go on forever and as stratobuddy says, the demo was flawed anyway, because apart from anything else you couldn't see what they were doing, the camera angles were so bad (perhaps that was deliberate, as maybe the cameraman can recognise a car crash moment well in advance).

Quote Originally Posted by Loveinamist View Post
      I switched on repeat and he was holding the two rings and "pulling down" ever so gently allegedly! I told my DD about comments on here and car crash TV but we had to switch off, so uncomfortable 30sec viewing. Face like thunder, poor chap. Maybe the studio lights interfered with bondage!
      Last edited by historymystery; 26-09-2015 at 09:03 PM.
      Likes Loveinamist , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

While channel hopping H, I seen Scott on Hochanda so that's were he got to. just edited my spelling.........darn auto correct!
      Last edited by shopperholic; 26-09-2015 at 09:19 PM.
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

shopperholic, thanks for this. Now that's a surprise! I would never have expected him to turn up there! Get a few more former Gems presenters coming on, and it will be more like Gems than Gems, especially with all the new faces appearing on Gems these days! I'll have to watch for him re-appearing. I've just flicked over to Hochanda, and the Elvis bloke is on again (with Lee Clark), flogging the books with pictures of Elvis Presley in. From the way they are going on, you would think the books are valuable vintage items, but they are modern reprints, not hardbacks, either (oh Gawd, we've just been told to buy two sets of books, keeping one pristine so that it doesn't lose it's value. Now where have we been told to buy more than one before????).

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      While channel hopping H, I seen Scott on Hochands, so that's were he got to.
      Likes shopperholic liked this post