BEWARE - it crashed my PC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Watched the channel for the first time today, streaming it on my Win7 PC. This is normally very stable, but after 1/4 hour it had the most major crash ever.

It had patterns and squiggles in the centre of the screen, and the fan came on at full blast.

Nothing would do anything eg CTRL/ALT/DELETE so I was forced to switch it off.

It took ages to restart, and said that it had recovered from a major "blue screen" crash.

PC seems to be working now, but never again will I try to watch on-line.

Just checked both sites and definitely no problems although bewildered by the hobby of car polishing on Hochanda. The Craft Channel is off air until tonight at 6.

Very unlikely it's anything the website caused. Sounds like something else - so no need to warn people!!

The player they are using seems to be hugely processor intensive and not at all stable, My pc fans SCREAM when I watch for more than 5 mins or so, It also seems to regularly drop frames as if they have it set to the wrong framerate

After about 5 minutes of watching, the picture got blocky, pixilated, and hesitant. This got gradually worse until the major crash.

Your post could explain this UkSki, so probably their website DID crash my PC by overloading and overheating the processor.

The player they are using seems to be hugely processor intensive and not at all stable, My pc fans SCREAM when I watch for more than 5 mins or so, It also seems to regularly drop frames as if they have it set to the wrong framerate

Just checked it on my PC and it goes from 2% before watching and to 12% when in use and that's on the highest quality stream.

If it's going very high there must be another issue with our PC that's causing it to do that.

I think it's probably your browser. The channel is using Adobe Flash which most browsers are no longer supporting.
Try watching on a different browser and reduce the quality down from HD to reduce buffering.

Latest posts

Back