Aldi Lycura Caviar Cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was tempted but made a conscious decision not to bother going on Sunday to my local Aldi. I was not aware it was a special and just thought I would read some reviews before deciding. I am rather wishing I had gone for it, but I have a horror of sales after a woman tried to bite my hand for a frying pan when Woolies was closing down. I will never forget that moment or that woman's face. But I had reached for the top pan on a stack and she had decided she was having the whole stack. Anyway, she snarled "mine" and I kept hold of the handle of the top pan and said, "well, this one is mine". I was so shocked when she bared her teeth and went for my hand!!!

It's like that Black Friday thing that's swept over from the USA... people seem to become possessed. I'd say that while zombies creep me out, for a truly horrifying and unedifying experience, the mob mentality when something is going super-cheap takes some beating.

And the packaging. I like the Marc Jacobs perfume but refuse to pay the price. Why do you need fancy bottles as perfume should be kept out of the light.

Sadly packaging plays a huge part in selling the dream and a lot of people simply can`t or won`t see past it. I remember watching a consumer programme and the presenter took a cheap, everyday moisturiser and repackaged it in fancy jars with fancy labels and then took it out on the streets. He stopped women and told them it was a new face cream selling for over £100 a pot and asked them to try it and tell him would they pay the asking price ? Women dipped their fingers into the jar, rubbed it on the backs of their hands or the side of their face and many of them said oh yes it`s lovely, I`d buy it and so on. The presenter then came clean and admitted it was just a bog standard, cheap, run of the mill moisturiser they could buy almost anywhere and that it as the packaging and not the cream which had attracted them and given the illusion of it being something exclusive, expensive and therefore in some peoples eyes it had to be better.
The psychology behind the selling, marketing, packaging and advertising a product is what brings in the dosh, even if the product turns out to be nothing special afterall.

most time the actual product only costs pence - the rest is made up of packaging which is quite a lot and advertising which is stratosphere in cost. Cut the advertising, everything would be as cheap as chips but would we buy it?

Even the Aldi cream mania is only because it featured in the media (even it was so called editorial content it would have been paid for)

To be honest, Aldis tend to sell out of things regardless of press coverage, the people who shop there already, like myself, will no doubt pick the booklets up they have in the store showing what's coming up the following week, so I reckon they'd have sold out of it anyway, as they do all their other specials because regular shoppers know they're coming up and are aware of the quality of Aldi products.

I was in Aldi this morning and luckily the Manager was on the shop floor so I took the liberty of asking him about the caviar skincare range. He said they`re hoping to have it back in stock on or around the 17th November and because it has literally flown off the shelves, Aldi are trying to make it a permanent item.

I was in Aldi this morning and luckily the Manager was on the shop floor so I took the liberty of asking him about the caviar skincare range. He said they`re hoping to have it back in stock on or around the 17th November and because it has literally flown off the shelves, Aldi are trying to make it a permanent item.

oh wow, thanks for that Vienna
that would be very welcome indeed (even though highly unusual for Aldi Special Buys, maybe even a first)
i shall stay tuned on that
i have been outbid countless times on ebay
as i am not willing to pay completely silly money
and there would be some kind of poetic justice
if the greedy wheeling and dealing people with the crate loads
end up sitting on the stock or having to let it go at shop prices or less

I was tempted but made a conscious decision not to bother going on Sunday to my local Aldi. I was not aware it was a special and just thought I would read some reviews before deciding. I am rather wishing I had gone for it, but I have a horror of sales after a woman tried to bite my hand for a frying pan when Woolies was closing down. I will never forget that moment or that woman's face. But I had reached for the top pan on a stack and she had decided she was having the whole stack. Anyway, she snarled "mine" and I kept hold of the handle of the top pan and said, "well, this one is mine". I was so shocked when she bared her teeth and went for my hand!!!

Mad woman she was! What a horrible experience. I remember when I was attacked as I was trying to enter my block of flats and two black girls in their twenties or just under pushed me to the ground and were trying to rip off my cross body bag which was difficult, I fought back and they scratched me and got the bag. I was so shaken that I couldn't physically sit down or be still, horrible experience but I'm over it now, it was nearly fifteen years ago and I was affected by this experience for a good couple of years back then. I still look over my shoulder though as those girls attacked me from the back, as I was unaware and was trying to put the key in the key hole, and someone later told me, that their friend was attacked with a knife very similarly, as they were unlocking the door with their back turned to the street.
I avoid the madness of the sales as well, can do it online from the comfort of my home and pick up later from the store - simples.
I have been to Woolies closing down sales too - very messy, things everywhere, and when one orders online even in the sales everything is nicely packed and is clean.

To be honest, Aldis tend to sell out of things regardless of press coverage, the people who shop there already, like myself, will no doubt pick the booklets up they have in the store showing what's coming up the following week, so I reckon they'd have sold out of it anyway, as they do all their other specials because regular shoppers know they're coming up and are aware of the quality of Aldi products.

My nearest Aldi is not very close, can find this leaflet online?

Thank you all, I shall keep an eye on offers especially in the run up to 17th November.

Oh that's great news if it's true. My Mum asked the Manager of one of the stores she was in this week and was told it was a one off. Mum bless her said well that's silly, it was so popular you could bung another couple of quid on the price and still sell it. He told her they had probably sold it at a loss, his mum had asked him to get her some and he managed to get a pot of each..he hadn't expected such a reaction even though it had had such press coverage.

I really hope it does become a normal line. I've been using the serum morning and night and the day cream( night cream still at mums). My dry itchy and scaling skin on my forehead has gone and my skin feels lovely so I would be a repeat buyer.

Hope everyone who wants to try it gets the chance next month

many thanks SharonK
for feedback and the wishes
i got a serum set on ebay
wasn't toooooo bad in price
as almost everyone was after the creams and bidding silly amounts
so i got one to try
and see ingredients etc
arrived today
so i'll investigate over the next few days ....

Talking of aldi, they used to do a limited range of very interesting nail colours, they went on well and needed a top coat to make them last well, but they were lovely.

They also dis a great nail brightener, far cheaper than nails inc and just as good.
Lilith, I don't use a full thing of the serum each day. I opened one of each of the vials last Sunday, used them every day and tomorrow I will probably finish them. One a day would be too much for me I think. I was careful because some things set my rosacea off but this hasn't.

Latest posts

Back