Aldi Lycura Caviar Cream - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laura L'occitane Earle View Post
    I was tempted but made a conscious decision not to bother going on Sunday to my local Aldi. I was not aware it was a special and just thought I would read some reviews before deciding. I am rather wishing I had gone for it, but I have a horror of sales after a woman tried to bite my hand for a frying pan when Woolies was closing down. I will never forget that moment or that woman's face. But I had reached for the top pan on a stack and she had decided she was having the whole stack. Anyway, she snarled "mine" and I kept hold of the handle of the top pan and said, "well, this one is mine". I was so shocked when she bared her teeth and went for my hand!!!
    It's like that Black Friday thing that's swept over from the USA... people seem to become possessed. I'd say that while zombies creep me out, for a truly horrifying and unedifying experience, the mob mentality when something is going super-cheap takes some beating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    Well done to Aldis proving that expensive isn't always better, and it is the name you pay for.
    And the packaging. I like the Marc Jacobs perfume but refuse to pay the price. Why do you need fancy bottles as perfume should be kept out of the light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
    And the packaging. I like the Marc Jacobs perfume but refuse to pay the price. Why do you need fancy bottles as perfume should be kept out of the light.
    Sadly packaging plays a huge part in selling the dream and a lot of people simply can`t or won`t see past it. I remember watching a consumer programme and the presenter took a cheap, everyday moisturiser and repackaged it in fancy jars with fancy labels and then took it out on the streets. He stopped women and told them it was a new face cream selling for over 100 a pot and asked them to try it and tell him would they pay the asking price ? Women dipped their fingers into the jar, rubbed it on the backs of their hands or the side of their face and many of them said oh yes it`s lovely, I`d buy it and so on. The presenter then came clean and admitted it was just a bog standard, cheap, run of the mill moisturiser they could buy almost anywhere and that it as the packaging and not the cream which had attracted them and given the illusion of it being something exclusive, expensive and therefore in some peoples eyes it had to be better.
    The psychology behind the selling, marketing, packaging and advertising a product is what brings in the dosh, even if the product turns out to be nothing special afterall.
    Likes Marina , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

most time the actual product only costs pence - the rest is made up of packaging which is quite a lot and advertising which is stratosphere in cost. Cut the advertising, everything would be as cheap as chips but would we buy it?

Even the Aldi cream mania is only because it featured in the media (even it was so called editorial content it would have been paid for)
    Thanks boffy thanked for this post
    Likes Marina , iloveshopping liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, Aldis tend to sell out of things regardless of press coverage, the people who shop there already, like myself, will no doubt pick the booklets up they have in the store showing what's coming up the following week, so I reckon they'd have sold out of it anyway, as they do all their other specials because regular shoppers know they're coming up and are aware of the quality of Aldi products.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Aldi this morning and luckily the Manager was on the shop floor so I took the liberty of asking him about the caviar skincare range. He said they`re hoping to have it back in stock on or around the 17th November and because it has literally flown off the shelves, Aldi are trying to make it a permanent item.
    Thanks Marina , Sooze , Peppermint Patti, iloveshopping thanked for this post
    Likes lilith , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
    I was in Aldi this morning and luckily the Manager was on the shop floor so I took the liberty of asking him about the caviar skincare range. He said they`re hoping to have it back in stock on or around the 17th November and because it has literally flown off the shelves, Aldi are trying to make it a permanent item.
    oh wow, thanks for that Vienna
    that would be very welcome indeed (even though highly unusual for Aldi Special Buys, maybe even a first)
    i shall stay tuned on that
    i have been outbid countless times on ebay
    as i am not willing to pay completely silly money
    and there would be some kind of poetic justice
    if the greedy wheeling and dealing people with the crate loads
    end up sitting on the stock or having to let it go at shop prices or less
    Likes sharonk, Marina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laura L'occitane Earle View Post
    I was tempted but made a conscious decision not to bother going on Sunday to my local Aldi. I was not aware it was a special and just thought I would read some reviews before deciding. I am rather wishing I had gone for it, but I have a horror of sales after a woman tried to bite my hand for a frying pan when Woolies was closing down. I will never forget that moment or that woman's face. But I had reached for the top pan on a stack and she had decided she was having the whole stack. Anyway, she snarled "mine" and I kept hold of the handle of the top pan and said, "well, this one is mine". I was so shocked when she bared her teeth and went for my hand!!!
    Mad woman she was! What a horrible experience. I remember when I was attacked as I was trying to enter my block of flats and two black girls in their twenties or just under pushed me to the ground and were trying to rip off my cross body bag which was difficult, I fought back and they scratched me and got the bag. I was so shaken that I couldn't physically sit down or be still, horrible experience but I'm over it now, it was nearly fifteen years ago and I was affected by this experience for a good couple of years back then. I still look over my shoulder though as those girls attacked me from the back, as I was unaware and was trying to put the key in the key hole, and someone later told me, that their friend was attacked with a knife very similarly, as they were unlocking the door with their back turned to the street.
    I avoid the madness of the sales as well, can do it online from the comfort of my home and pick up later from the store - simples.
    I have been to Woolies closing down sales too - very messy, things everywhere, and when one orders online even in the sales everything is nicely packed and is clean.
    Likes Laura L'occitane Earle liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    To be honest, Aldis tend to sell out of things regardless of press coverage, the people who shop there already, like myself, will no doubt pick the booklets up they have in the store showing what's coming up the following week, so I reckon they'd have sold out of it anyway, as they do all their other specials because regular shoppers know they're coming up and are aware of the quality of Aldi products.
    My nearest Aldi is not very close, can find this leaflet online?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marina View Post
    My nearest Aldi is not very close, can find this leaflet online?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-11-oct/
    Thanks AndiK thanked for this post