Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I only managed two minutes of her with the Revitalash yesterday. Too much personal information. She went to bed the night before at 2 am but remembered her Revitalash (a mug of Horlicks and a biscuit might have been a good idea too).

She and a 'girlfriend' had been to dinner recently with their partners. The girlfriend leaned across the table and complimented her on her wonderful eyelashes. I am not sure what kind of dinner parties they have where she lives, but up North we would find that kind of girl on girl admiration a bit creepy.

I only managed two minutes of her with the Revitalash yesterday. Too much personal information. She went to bed the night before at 2 am but remembered her Revitalash (a mug of Horlicks and a biscuit might have been a good idea too).

She and a 'girlfriend' had been to dinner recently with their partners. The girlfriend leaned across the table and complimented her on her wonderful eyelashes. I am not sure what kind of dinner parties they have where she lives, but up North we would find that kind of girl on girl admiration a bit creepy.

I saw that too. She was very quick to correct herself and say that by "partner" she meant "husband" in her case. Granted it does seem a bit creepy, but we ordinary people can only begin to imagine how such people behave! My ex girlfriend was from an upper-upper middle class / noble background and I went to her family's house for Christmas. Her parents were great - very educated, open-minded and nice, refined people. Her brother and sister and their friends were awful though. They made me feel like I was some court jester. "This is Jo's boyfriend, Julius. He went to Eton and then left to go to a comprehensive..." I always remember one of them saying "Jules darling, you simply must have some more pheasant! And Amelia will pour you some lovely wine! Relax! Mingle!" at which point I lost my ability to fight the urge to stop myself laughing! I guess people in certain stratas just have their own way of living.

She's always spouting on about compliments she has had on her body parts. Doubt it's true half the time but even she realises that it wouldn't go down well to directly boast about how good she looks.

She also seems to be convinced that we all aspire to be just like her as she goes on about her tastes and her choices. She is very me me me and definitely thinks that we are desperate to know what she would choose so we can all go copy.

She is very very childlike reminds me of school which was almost as long ago as it was for Jill herself.

Last edited:
Whenever presenters talk about their girlfriends, partners, home life, social life or whatever, it all sounds a tad exaggerated. I take every word they utter with a huge pinch of salt because selly telly knows no boundaries. They probably lead lives more or less equal to our own, some will get divorced, some will be happy, they`ll have busy moments, lonely moments, money problems, health problems, relationship problems, child problems and so on and so on, the list is endless. At the end of the day most of us are adult enough to decide for ourselves whether we want to buy product X or Y and not because JF or any other presenter tells us they own it/bought it as a gift/have ten million girlfriends who use it/or have dinner parties 7 days a week where people mingle just to chat about beauty products. JF actually belives her own fairy tales and you can see her fall into her La La Land mode and her brain is rushing to concoct the next chapter.

She also said she uses it every night and has done for months. According to what Natalia's said in the past, if it works then I'd have thought that she should now be doing a maintenance programme, or maybe she just makes up her own rules as she goes along. :wink:

I used to use Revitalash, to great effect, but couldn't justify the cost. I now use Rapidlash and have found it to be just as effective and it's under £39.99 for 3ml.

Blimey, she must know a lot of people who are overdue a visit to Specsavers, to put it mildly. Silly woman, how ridiculous she makes herself appear with the tosh she says. She IS just like a schoolgirl, "be part of my crowd" type thing. Someone should tell her that looking as though she never lets a crumb pass her lips isn't healthy, doesn't make most people with any intelligence like you or aspire to look like you, and certainly doesn't make you attractive.

She's always spouting on about compliments she has had on her body parts. Doubt it's true half the time but even she realises that it wouldn't go down well to directly boast about how good she looks.

She also seems to be convinced that we all aspire to be just like her as she goes on about her tastes and her choices. She is very me me me and definitely thinks that we are desperate to know what she would choose so we can all go copy.

She is very very childlike reminds me of school which was almost as long ago as it was for Jill herself.

Last edited:
I agree with all of this, and you know I really wish Q would stop treating its customers/viewing public as idiots, surely they realize that most people can shop elsewhere on the net or wherever. I don't believe half the hype ,but this channel started life in the USA as we all know, and there are very many in the States who will believe the hype, I find them a very naive shopper, and I know what I'm talking about.

I've been saying for months that they really need to keep her off the beauty shows - she is NOT a good advertisement for any of the leading brands she allegedly uses - and if you listen to her she uses them all and they are all her favourites (Just depending on which show she's doing that night!)

I'm not a fan, I think she looks awful, and has done for several years now - the skeletal frame, sunken eyes, lank hair, scraggy neck. That is not a good look on anyone but particularly not in a woman over a certain age and only ages one even more.

I'd be curious to see her presenting an actual food show like the ones they had on the other day (although it seems she may have been on a day off that day!) - The Real Pie Company, Green Seasons, Thorntons, those chocolate brownies etc ......... I wonder if she'd eat anything??

The only "food" related show I've ever seen her do recently was that juicer TSV a few weeks ago. I wonder if that's intentional? Because it seems everything she does is almost all beauty shows - which is not great if you're a beauty fan and you can't watch most of the shows because it's her rambling on a load of lies and rubbish all the time.

Maybe QVC could "gift" her a Green Seasons hamper for Christmas as she's so fond of "gifting" :angry: :angry: :angry:

I've seen her do a food show once she broke bits of food off and looked like she had badly fitting dentures when struggling to chew. I wonder if that is why she is so thin?

I think she does most shows that include jewellery, fitness, fashion, beauty, homewares. She's rarely seen on gardening, kitchen/food, electrical/technical.

I don't know what I make of this thread... I have to agree that Jill doesn't look very well, and seems to be under-weight and not in good health. And I'm certainly not a fan of her presenting style but I take issue with people speculating on whether the poor woman has a mental health condition (eating disorder)!
I have significant personal experience of anorexia and it's a pernicious disease over which the sufferer has no control (it's not something one chooses to suffer from) nor can you tell whether someone is suffering from it by looking at their physical appearance and weight... IF (ands it's a HUGE if!) she does have an eating disorder - including orthorexia (an unhealthy obsession with 'healthy' eating and exercising), then I hope she can get help but if she's just not looking or feeling the best at the moment for whatever reason, I don't suppose being under the scrutiny of a forum such as this can help!

I agree TTL, but if they choose a career on TV then they leave themselves open for compliments and criticism. In the days before social media, it was just speculation in the press, as rarely could people be bothered to write a letter, postcard or email to vent their feelings. Now, anyone is fair game, be it the lady at the checkout, or someone on Strictly. I don't subscribe to any social media - (this on here is about the limit of my views), as I think it really is the curse of this modern age.

I caught her saying she uses Revitabrow a while back. I think she needs to stop now, as they're getting to look like SG's - coarse and unkempt. Full brows are one thing, sporting a Denis Healey is quite another.

As a fairly new viewer to selly telly (uni project) I'm can only comment on her behaviour recently, obviously the people on this forum knew her a lot better than me, but to me she appears to be totally stressed out.
I know her husband sold his PR company last year, because he was looking for new challenges and ventures. Maybe things haven't worked out the way they had planned and it's stressing her out. After all the PR lifestyle is not cheap to maintain. You don't present business ideas and PR pitches over coffee in Starbucks.
In relation to her weight issues, lots of people use exercise to cope with stress but it's easy to get caught up in a vicious circle, you exercise to relieve stress, but to much exercise causes more stress, so you exercise more, and so it goes on until either you develope mental health issues or your body just packs up on you. But Jill strikes me as the kind of person who would not ask for or accept advice from people, no matter how well meaning, so continues on her vicious circle. Might also explain her obsession with green smoothies, after all they are meant to do everything for you other than washing the dishes and hoovering the carpet, but I'm sure Jason Vale is currently working on that.
Just as a side note, Jill's husband once said in an interview that when he's preparing campaigns he gets so emmersed it almost becomes an obsession. Secondly, a writer commenting on the sale, wished Larry Luck, but suggested he may have to tone down his abrasive attitude and aggressive pitching style, as it did not sit well with current media gods.
Three words strike me as interesting, obsessive, abrasive, aggressive, remind anybody of a certain QVC presenter.

jill does talk over the guests sometimes but i like her. she has a great sense of humour and is more entertaining than some of the other presenters. i think shes thin because she wants to be.

I had to laugh the other day she was on presenting Yankee and she said to Rosa 'I wish Yankee would make a Green Juice Candle'.

Latest posts

Back