New cooker - omg, why can't I follow my own advice?!?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
Old cooker decided to conk out so needed a new one asap!
Stupidly went to town & bought one I liked from a local shop, supposedly at 110 quid off, came home.......& found I could have bought it 40 quid cheaper from John Lewis & up to 90 cheaper at other places!

Omg, I am so :mysmilie_51: at myself right now, breaking my own golden rule of always checking prices online! :mysmilie_487:

I haven't even got it yet & now I hate the beastly thing already! :mysmilie_455:

I sometimes do the same, and get angry at myself too.

On the other hand, I found a superb deal for the Ninja, which has turned into a nightmare saga, see the Ninja TSV post if interested.

So it doesn't always pay to buy the cheapest.

If yours goes wrong, imagine the nightmare of packing it up to return it by post, as opposed to just contacting your local shop.

Yeah, that's true Strato, I still haven't quite recovered from the nightmare saga of trying to return eldest DD's naff, constantly overheating to the point of non-functional Acer computer!

:headbang:

I will just have to suck it up I guess - worked out it will cost me £1.50 a week for a year to reflect on my own stupidity!

:thinking: :taphead: :doh:

If they haven't delivered it, you may be able to negotiate something with the shop.

For example, what is their discount based on? Were they selling it at the higher price for the statutory period of time? Perhaps you could even charm them into matching JL's price?

If they haven't delivered it, you may be able to negotiate something with the shop.

For example, what is their discount based on? Were they selling it at the higher price for the statutory period of time? Perhaps you could even charm them into matching JL's price?

Didn't have my glasses on in the shop but looking it up online the 370 quid was supposedly £110 off the TSP price, whatever that is!
JL are asking £330, Boots £280 & Curry's £300.....hardly a bargain then!

And they have no charm! Have since found out they're well known locally for their 'sale' BS & rip-off prices!

:mysmilie_487:

Just read through the Ninja thread though, gawd, what a palaver! :mysmilie_466:

Latest posts

Back