Beware - Rocks & Co. up to their dishonest tricks again! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've made exactly the same mistake as history mystery! I said I'd never shop at Rocks again but I made a purchase last week. In my defence I've been searching for a perfect gift for a friend and spotted exactly what I wanted during one of my now rare channel hops to Rocks. I remembered that I'd had an apology email in September offering a 10 credit and asked the call centre person to check my account. He couldn't have sounded more bored when taking my order but perked up a treat to tell me that Computer Says No to the credit! Given his attitude there was no point pursuing the matter and, like history mystery, I kicked myself for going back to Rocks and thinking they might have got their act together. More fool me.... Oh, and no sign of the item I've bought being delivered yet.

Still, I've saved a fortune this last year by not buying from them. And when I've checked out what's on, and I can only really bear to watch John Scott, there's been endless hours of very pricey brown diamonds (champagne, really!?) which look totally overpriced. Or odds and ends that look like rejects from the German channel, also overpriced. There doesn't seem to be enough stock to plan themed hours they way they used to, as evidenced by not keeping the EPGs up to date. The stuff in the clearance looks dearer than it used to be too, no matter that the shrieky girls are insisting that it's never sold this low before.

Also, a few months ago, I had to return a zultanite ring which I'd worn about 3 times when the stone fell out. I heard nothing back from Rocks but after a couple of months, I noticed that the cost of the ring had been refunded to my credit card. No communication to tell me that it had been done, and no apology for supplying shoddy goods in the first place. I still have round cut zultanite earrings and pendant, and I can confirm that the colour has never changed on any of them!!!

I have learned my lesson. No more Rocks and Co for me!!

Thanks historymystery thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    gem crazy, sorry to hear of your experience - we can both kick ourselves together!! Your post just confirms it for me - they are scammers. John Scott does himself no favours working for this outfit, IMO - I thought he had credibility in the past, but now I don't even flick over. And your experience with them refusing to honour the 10 is further confirmation that the staff write the rules to suit themselves. What with the screeching blondes (including the worst screecher of all - Vicky) I think we've both learnt our lesson!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gem crazy View Post
    I've made exactly the same mistake as history mystery! I said I'd never shop at Rocks again but I made a purchase last week. In my defence I've been searching for a perfect gift for a friend and spotted exactly what I wanted during one of my now rare channel hops to Rocks. I remembered that I'd had an apology email in September offering a 10 credit and asked the call centre persveon to check my account. He couldn't have sounded more bored when taking my order but perked up a treat to tell me that Computer Says No to the credit! Given his attitude there was no point pursuing the matter and, like history mystery, I kicked myself for going back to Rocks and thinking they might have got their act together. More fool me.... Oh, and no sign of the item I've bought being delivered yet.

Still, I've saved a fortune this last year by not buying from them. And when I've checked out what's on, and I can only really bear to watch John Scott, there's been endless hours of very pricey brown diamonds (champagne, really!?) which look totally overpriced. Or odds and ends that look like rejects from the German channel, also overpriced. There doesn't seem to be enough stock to plan themed hours they way they used to, as evidenced by not keeping the EPGs up to date. The stuff in the clearance looks dearer than it used to be too, no matter that the shrieky girls are insisting that it's never sold this low before.

Also, a few months ago, I had to return a zultanite ring which I'd worn about 3 times when the stone fell out. I heard nothing back from Rocks but after a couple of months, I noticed that the cost of the ring had been refunded to my credit card. No communication to tell me that it had been done, and no apology for supplying shoddy goods in the first place. I still have round cut zultanite earrings and pendant, and I can confirm that the colour has never changed on any of them!!!

I have learned my lesson. No more Rocks and Co for me!!
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've only bought a couple of items from this lot and I was totally dissatisfied with my purchases. The last one was some kind of blue sapphire and when it arrived it was colourless. Honestly, there wasn't a hint of blue in it. I emailed and asked about their procedure to return the ring and didn't hear anything, so I phoned. I was told that they were inundated with emails so I asked if these were all complaints and the girl on the phone replied, "Yes, mostly!" I said I wanted to return the ring but that my debit card had been updated and I wasn't sure if the amount would be accepted. She said she would try it (it would take 14 days) and if it was rejected, they would send me a cheque. I couldn't believe it. What an unprofessional bunch. They've got the ghastly Cherry-pie (don't get me going on that) who looks bad-tempered and miserable. The shouty, awful Vicky Gordon, who just makes me turn off instantly and John Scott who seems to realise that this lot are cowboys and he's only there for a laugh - and good for him. I wouldn't recommend that anyone buys from this mob.
    Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Cowboy outfit? Yes, you can practically see the tumbleweed rolling across screen. I've got nobody to blame that I ordered from them and tried to use a money-off voucher which they didn't honour - I should have known - but at least the item I ordered was as described and not damaged or scratched. They've had change after change at Rocks, but they still come back the same old scammers as before, so why they bother, I don't know. The Diniz brothers (the gem-hunters) no longer have anything to do with the channel, I wonder why? Debbie Cavill is still in place and her miserable and abrupt daughter. As you say, Vicky is dreadful, she wouldn't last 5 minutes on any other channel, even IW, her voice could break glass and she SHOUTS ALL THE TIME! John Scott has been there too long - he should go. I don't even think he's funny any more, just comes over as looking for the exit.

Quote Originally Posted by countrymaid View Post
    I've only bought a couple of items from this lot and I was totally dissatisfied with my purchases. The last one was some kind of blue sapphire and when it arrived it was colourless. Honestly, there wasn't a hint of blue in it. I emailed and asked about their procedure to return the ring and didn't hear anything, so I phoned. I was told that they were inundated with emails so I asked if these were all complaints and the girl on the phone replied, "Yes, mostly!" I said I wanted to return the ring but that my debit card had been updated and I wasn't sure if the amount would be accepted. She said she would try it (it would take 14 days) and if it was rejected, they would send me a cheque. I couldn't believe it. What an unprofessional bunch. They've got the ghastly Cherry-pie (don't get me going on that) who looks bad-tempered and miserable. The shouty, awful Vicky Gordon, who just makes me turn off instantly and John Scott who seems to realise that this lot are cowboys and he's only there for a laugh - and good for him. I wouldn't recommend that anyone buys from this mob.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post