Extracts from Rocks & Co. "excuses" e-mails - unbelievable...!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
OK, guys and girls, just to clarify, I would never mock anyone who has problems with spelling or grammar... we all have our strengths and weaknesses, but to me it beggars belief that Rocks & Co. would have a member of "customer service" staff dealing with customers' complaints who cannot write a literate, clear e-mail in response to a customer's enquiry. I've now had 2 e-mails from this person at Rocks regarding my complaint (details as posted on a previous thread). Here goes, the following info. is contained in their e-mails sent to me in reply to my complaint: the incorrectly placed capital letters, all the wordings/use of grammar, and the lack of appropriate commas or full stops are lifted exactly from their 2 e-mails:-

1st e-mail from Rocks: "Unfortunately we did have a few problems but I know you have already heard this but I can say that we have. All of these problems under control. From you account and do hope you accept our sincere apologies We do apologise Have caused you".

2nd e-mail from Rocks: "At the time you done your order unfortunately We then had a problem so this had to be applied by the technical team and unfortunately they was not here At the time you done your order".

What can you say? This is customer service, Rocks & Co. style.

Last edited:
I spoke to someone at Sky once and he was from India but now living in the UK, he had to clarify our phone call, it was about getting more sports channels because my husband can never get enough sports channels, bless him, but anyway, the fella had to confirm our conversation in an email, he typed as he spoke and it came across as slightly illiterate because he was typing as he spoke and didn't have good grasp of the English language, funny enough that's what your emails remind me of H, hope they've solved your problem for you.

Thanks, shopperholic. To be honest, I've not pursued it. Didn't get my discount refunded, but it was only a tenner and I've given up, not worth giving myself blood pressure over it - and I can't see the point of e-mailing them again, only to get a reply I can't understand. It doesn't seem to enter their consciousness that there's a difference between a quick communication - sort of thing we might do on here - and a proper, considered reply to a business query. Goes over their heads and I just pity any poor person who has paid megabucks and is trying to get an "answer" out of them, you'd be banging your head through the wall. :headbang:(and it's just the same if you ring them).

I spoke to someone at Sky once and he was from India but now living in the UK, he had to clarify our phone call, it was about getting more sports channels because my husband can never get enough sports channels, bless him, but anyway, the fella had to confirm our conversation in an email, he typed as he spoke and it came across as slightly illiterate because he was typing as he spoke and didn't have good grasp of the English language, funny enough that's what your emails remind me of H, hope they've solved your problem for you.

Thanks, shopperholic. To be honest, I've not pursued it. Didn't get my discount refunded, but it was only a tenner and I've given up, not worth giving myself blood pressure over it - and I can't see the point of e-mailing them again, only to get a reply I can't understand. It doesn't seem to enter their consciousness that there's a difference between a quick communication - sort of thing we might do on here - and a proper, considered reply to a business query. Goes over their heads and I just pity any poor person who has paid megabucks and is trying to get an "answer" out of them, you'd be banging your head through the wall. :headbang:(and it's just the same if you ring them).

It's annoying H isn't it? And so frustrating when you know you're owed something, I mean £10 is £10 but yeah I suppose you're right it's not worth the agro or making yourself ill over it, just put two fingers up and say your loss..........now repeat after me.....V "your loss!". :giggle:

Latest posts

Back