Cant take to hannah clemmow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cant take to hannah clemmow.

Hello.
    Really not wanting to be rude but does anyone else have an issue with her presenting style?
    I've been a customer of Rocks and Co for about 14 months now and so far everything I ordered from the TV is fine. Its the website still a nightmare
    they keep putting the wrong ring sizes on the website (even the new one) I had to ask the other day and yes wrong ring size listed again.

I do like John Scott I think he's utterly wasted on that channel, if I'm being honest and cant believe he's been off a week when all these major people have been over.
    the other seem to have mastered this faux shock how low the prices are and how lucky we are getting that price. I really wish they would drop it because its insulting us as customers
    and making them look really daft.

they do seem though to have lost a lot of good presenters.

Likes historymystery, Inspiration liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Welcome to the forum,

I'm a channel hopper but linger on Rocks when John Scott is on because he makes it interesting and funny and he is wasted at Rocks.

I find it hard to distinguish between most of the young female presenters.To me they all sound the same and don't sell anything to me, thats usually when I switch over .I agree the faux surprise at the price drop is getting ridiculous. We are not fooled.

As long as you're happy with what you bought that's the main thing.
    Likes historymystery liked this post

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree about the presenters. John Scott is the only professional in my opinion and I can listen to him for a while. The others are a big turn off for me. They do need to go to acting schools as you say it fools nobody.

The website is difficult to use. Has anybody looked at the missed auction section on the website? That is worrying when you see how much of the jewellery is NOT sold.

Post Thanks / Like

Hannah Clemmow likes to feel self-important and show off her superior knowledge. It makes for incredibly boring viewing. I think I stopped watching round about the time she started.
    Likes shopperholic , historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inspiration View Post
    I would agree about the presenters. John Scott is the only professional in my opinion and I can listen to him for a while. The others are a big turn off for me. They do need to go to acting schools as you say it fools nobody.

The website is difficult to use. Has anybody looked at the missed auction section on the website? That is worrying when you see how much of the jewellery is NOT sold.
    Every auction is listed, not just the unsold items. You need to phone them to check whether the item is still available.

Post Thanks / Like

Aw thank you for the welcome :)
    Yes must be honest I cant see me ordering from the website again if someone does see an item they like its best to email them and make sure that is the correct ring size etc before you order.
    LOL that's so true countrymaid its like she's giving a lecture how clever she is on just about everything!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Oathy, but my experience with them was dire and I would never order from them again. My experience was they are not to be trusted. Buyers beware would be my strong advice.

I completely agree with you about Hannah - I could never stand her when she was on Gems TV. She comes over in a stroppy, abrupt way, with loads of fake amazement and quite dictatorial, as though she's keeping in order a group of boisterous 6 year olds. I am gobsmacked she turned up on Rocks after working for a half-decent company like Gems - as you say, they go through presenters like a dose of salts and I think "the Management" are very much hire 'em and then fire 'em. They lost 2 good male presenters - Alan J. Miller and Mark Rigby - a few years ago. Both were not shouty, hair flicking blondes so disappeared - and both of them had really in-depth gemstone knowledge, which they passed on to the viewers, whereas all you get from the screechers is "amazing", "how can we do it at this price?", we should not be doing this" - blardy, blardy, blah! IMO, if John Scott wants to retain any credibility he should have gone long ago, they are a car crash. Can't say I like him as much as I used to - he comes over as quite snappy at the crew at times, bit of a male diva.

Quote Originally Posted by Oathy View Post
    Hello.
    Really not wanting to be rude but does anyone else have an issue with her presenting style?
    I've been a customer of Rocks and Co for about 14 months now and so far everything I ordered from the TV is fine. Its the website still a nightmare
    they keep putting the wrong ring sizes on the website (even the new one) I had to ask the other day and yes wrong ring size listed again.

I do like John Scott I think he's utterly wasted on that channel, if I'm being honest and cant believe he's been off a week when all these major people have been over.
    the other seem to have mastered this faux shock how low the prices are and how lucky we are getting that price. I really wish they would drop it because its insulting us as customers
    and making them look really daft.

they do seem though to have lost a lot of good presenters.
    Last edited by historymystery; 04-11-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hee, hee, - I like your comment, so true! Superior is exactly the word, sometimes I think she believes she's doing crowd control, she's so dictatorial. And IMO her gemstone knowledge is not all that - neither was it when she was a presenter on Gems. She makes mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by countrymaid View Post
    Hannah Clemmow likes to feel self-important and show off her superior knowledge. It makes for incredibly boring viewing. I think I stopped watching round about the time she started.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    Sorry, Oathy, but my experience with them was dire and I would never order from them again. My experience was they are not to be trusted. Buyers beware would be my strong advice.

I completely agree with you about Hannah - I could never stand her when she was on Gems TV. She comes over in a stroppy, abrupt way, with loads of fake amazement and quite dictatorial, as though she's keeping in order a group of boisterous 6 year olds. I am gobsmacked she turned up on Rocks after working for a half-decent company like Gems - as you say, they go through presenters like a dose of salts and I think "the Management" are very much hire 'em and then fire 'em. They lost 2 good male presenters - Alan J. Miller and Mark Rigby - a few years ago. Both were not shouty, hair flicking blondes so disappeared - and both of them had really in-depth gemstone knowledge, which they passed on to the viewers, whereas all you get from the screechers is "amazing", "how can we do it at this price?", we should not be doing this" - blardy, blardy, blah! IMO, if John Scott wants to retain any credibility he should have gone long ago, they are a car crash. Can't say I like him as much as I used to - he comes over as quite snappy at the crew at times, bit of a male diva.
    Completely understand
    It does look Like I've been very lucky when ordering off a TV Auction, I know the website is just a disaster to have one ring size wrong was bad enough when It happened again though.
    I haven't yet used the 10 pounds off voucher and looking at the other thread that sounds a total disaster.

John was really hitting the point home last night to Debbie at 6pm about his "absence" for a week. She's on this afternoon now same old lecturing same "how on earth are we doing this price". hehe

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Hi again Oathy - and by the way, welcome! You'll find great comments on here, just don't make my mistake and be swilling your tea when you read them, 'cos you'll laugh so much you'll drown the computer. Please, please, please, beware of Rocks - especially when you use your voucher: they swindled me out of one I had, by telling me that it HAD gone through as money off - but then when I got the item and invoice enclosed....you've guessed it, they hadn't taken the money off, and the excuses I got were a joke, practically everything from "the dog ate my homework" to "computer malfunction". They of course refused to refund me the money to my credit card, so that proves they are scammers - a half-decent company would have done it straight away. I had a money-off voucher with Gems once, and the computer malfunctioned - they returned the money to my credit card! I'd hate anyone on here to get scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oathy View Post
    Completely understand
    It does look Like I've been very lucky when ordering off a TV Auction, I know the website is just a disaster to have one ring size wrong was bad enough when It happened again though.
    I haven't yet used the 10 pounds off voucher and looking at the other thread that sounds a total disaster.

John was really hitting the point home last night to Debbie at 6pm about his "absence" for a week. She's on this afternoon now same old lecturing same "how on earth are we doing this price". hehe
    Likes shopperholic liked this post