Cant take to hannah clemmow. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's become apparent that they have gone in a certain direction seeing as their only male presenter is gay. I'm fairly astonished that no one has made anything of this as it's 'only' straight men and jewellery. Before I get accused of being homophobic, I personally love seeing john scott and his eclectic assortment of tshirts and have nothing against him personally (though it really is a sad indictment on our society that I would have to confirm that, through fear of being labelled homophobic, but that's a topic for a rainy day)

They seem to be really insistent on reacting like you are robbing them blind by buying their pieces (at the reverse auction prices), which is ironic based on some of the feedback you see on here about the actual quality.

If I was a customer of theirs, the last thing i'd want to hear is that they ''cant believe the price is that low, we should be getting at least treble the amount for this'' it would make me suspicious as surely if they could get away with charging more, then they would.

I think Hannah is alright, definitely less screechy.

anyway, thank you to anyone that actually read my ramblings.
    Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
    I think it's become apparent that they have gone in a certain direction seeing as their only male presenter is gay. I'm fairly astonished that no one has made anything of this as it's 'only' straight men and jewellery. Before I get accused of being homophobic, I personally love seeing john scott and his eclectic assortment of tshirts and have nothing against him personally (though it really is a sad indictment on our society that I would have to confirm that, through fear of being labelled homophobic, but that's a topic for a rainy day)

They seem to be really insistent on reacting like you are robbing them blind by buying their pieces (at the reverse auction prices), which is ironic based on some of the feedback you see on here about the actual quality.

If I was a customer of theirs, the last thing i'd want to hear is that they ''cant believe the price is that low, we should be getting at least treble the amount for this'' it would make me suspicious as surely if they could get away with charging more, then they would.

"cherry Pie" I think after each price drop her mouth hit the counter yesterday.
    totally get the point you made about the prices it really isn't fooling anyone
    Likes mr tom , historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

mr tom, I can't stand Hannah's presenting style, too dictatorial, but have to admit you are right about her being far less manic than the screechers - and your opinion is every bit as valid as anyone else's. Why the penny doesn't drop with them that we are all perfectly aware they are NOT robbing themselves blind, because no company can remain viable for longer than 5 minutes if they do that, is one of the great mysteries of our time. Of course they are nowhere near "robbing themselves" - simples, so why don't they just stop that particular sales pitch?. I used to like John S a lot, from way back when he appeared on TJC, but I think he has changed a bit over the past year, and to be honest I often don't find him funny any more. I think he can be rather abrupt, diva-ish and picky in his on-screen comments towards the backroom staff - don't know if this is put on as all part of "showmanship", but I don't like the way it comes across as rather hectoring.

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post

Likes mr tom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    mr tom, I can't stand Hannah's presenting style, too dictatorial, but have to admit you are right about her being far less manic than the screechers - and your opinion is every bit as valid as anyone else's. Why the penny doesn't drop with them that we are all perfectly aware they are NOT robbing themselves blind, because no company can remain viable for longer than 5 minutes if they do that, is one of the great mysteries of our time. Of course they are nowhere near "robbing themselves" - simples, so why don't they just stop that particular sales pitch?. I used to like John S a lot, from way back when he appeared on TJC, but I think he has changed a bit over the past year, and to be honest I often don't find him funny any more. I think he can be rather abrupt, diva-ish and picky in his on-screen comments towards the backroom staff - don't know if this is put on as all part of "showmanship", but I don't like the way it comes across as rather hectoring.
    you both make interesting points. I personally find it odd when they talk to the people behind the camera as quite frankly I don't know who they are.... so it might aswell be batman. I know that it is a device to fill time and pad out the hours of jewellery but there should be more of an effort to show who these people are, in that case.
    Thanks historymystery thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Who the hell is this Wayne chap that Hannah seems to be constantly having a conversation with whilst on air. If it's not Wayne it's Neeeesh(?) And as these seem to be the people who are dropping the prices sooooooooo low, how come they still have jobs? They always appear to be in trouble with "management" for their actions. Who the hell do they think they are fooling?
    Likes mr tom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

she left as a presenter last night....apparently she's now doing "ground work" and background work for them.
    Cant say I'm sorry seeing her leave as a presenter. John is still the best one in terms of interaction with viewers
    the others still have that problem of speaking at people not with them.
    Likes Inspiration liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Do you mean Hannah or Cherry? Whichever one it is, good riddance! Can't say I ever do more than just flick over for a minute or so once or twice a week, but Hannah talks at you in a dictatorial manner, and Cherry is so full of fake amazement whilst seemingly looking down her nose at you. Neither of them are good presenters, IMO, and I disliked Hannah when she was at Gems, as she came over as a diva. I don't know how Liv Edmonds (ex-Gems) could have moved to Rocks - out of the frying-pan, into the fire, I'd say. Rocks is an awful company in my view - I've had dealings with them and told them to close my account. In spite of this, they still keep sending me so-called "discounts". Hell would freeze over before I'd order anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oathy View Post
    she left as a presenter last night....apparently she's now doing "ground work" and background work for them.
    Cant say I'm sorry seeing her leave as a presenter. John is still the best one in terms of interaction with viewers
    the others still have that problem of speaking at people not with them.
    Likes Inspiration, shopperholic liked this post