Carmel-Hopeless presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Watching Carmel.presenting Mavala nail polish hour and she could not say formaldehyde and kept stating colours were in the wrong sets and had to be corrected again and again by the guest. Total waste of time having her presenting IMHO

Susie, Carmel seems not to like presenting products other than jewellery - which I can understand if she joined when it was "The Jewellery Channel" not TJC, selling other 'stuff' as it seems they do now, with body lotions, manicure items and so on. I've noticed before that she is not comfortable with it, looks ill-at-ease and gets her facts muddled up. Wonder how much prep. time they do on individual products before they go on screen? Perhaps not much. There's no doubt some presenters have adapted better than others to selling a wider range - Carmel doesn't seem to be one of them.

Watching Carmel.presenting Mavala nail polish hour and she could not say formaldehyde and kept stating colours were in the wrong sets and had to be corrected again and again by the guest. Total waste of time having her presenting IMHO

If I remember right Carmel wasn't all that good when she was on QVC...

Yes think Carmel enjoys the jewellery and I thought that she was better at presenting it than when on Q selling everything.Not so good with bags scarves and home wares.
I think Ellis Ward left for Gems because she clearly loves selling jewellery not the other stuff.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree, Ellis is a real "jewellery gal", and is knowledgeable about what she's selling on Gems. All I ever hear Carmel say about the scarves is very general stuff, such as "you can wear it over your dress when you go to a wedding" - she seems obsessed with wearing them for weddings. She's not good when it comes to describing patterns, weight of the fabric, dimensions of the fabric, whether it's dry clean or not, and she rarely shows the inside of a bag, which is essential.

Yes think Carmel enjoys the jewellery and I thought that she was better at presenting it than when on Q selling everything.Not so good with bags scarves and home wares.
I think Ellis Ward left for Gems because she clearly loves selling jewellery not the other stuff.

Latest posts

Back