Behind The Scenes... Anything and everything you want to know

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello. Thanks for the appreciation. Not a problem answering these questions as best I can..
...How embarassing and low key, innuendo based some of their presenters are. How unfunny they are. How the hell do they get away with it? Why aren't they sacked etc? People seem to fail to realise, whether we like it or not, they have been hired by someone to PURPOSELY be like that on screen. Why? I don't know. I think it looks as awful and tacky as you all do on here. But someone, somewhere, has hired them for this exact purpose.

Another comprehensive answer: thank you for it. I've taken out the quotation because you are, of course, totally right. They have been specifically employed because of the way they are. It's not an accident.

As a sideline, I don't know why you've got so much flak on this forum, but I'm sorry for it. It's awash with conspiracy theorists here. They still think that Prince Phillip killed Diana. You're clearly kosher: it's not just what you're saying in response to people's questions, but how you're saying it. Thanks again.

I would like to know about the cooking shows -some of the stuff they cook looks quite nice. Is it all it seems and who eats it all

Unfortunately it all goes into the bin the second they go off air - while roasts too! When I was there it was for health and safety reasons, unsure if there is another underlying factor. - Also, I was told they used to be able to eat it, then changed.

Do they have a works Xmas party? In fact, do any of the shopping tele channels have a Xmas party?

Sorry, ive been busy for a couple of days! so sorry for the late reply.
There is of course an xmas party. Some presenters do not go, but most do. It's a pretty wild night in peterborough. haha.
Nothing any different to any other xmas party. Yates', for cheap drink, followed by a club. :)

I would like to know about the cooking shows -some of the stuff they cook looks quite nice. Is it all it seems and who eats it all

The cooking shows are completely as it seems. None of it is faked or covered in motor oil etc, as some big brands do on their promotional material.
Ideal World hire in Food preparation staff on a freelance basis. They are there most days shopping for and prepping food for shows.

Unfortunately, after each show, the food has to be thrown away. It is weirdly under Health and Safety regulations that the food can only be consumed during the show. After that, it is not covered by ideal worlds risk assessment for the cooking shows.

The food used to be given to the homeless shelters, until, believe it or not, they complained that it wasn't what they wanted!!

All the chefs are proper chefs/demonstrators, so they are used to cooking, so the food always looks and tastes good.
The only food that is fake are the fruits that surround packing and stuff on things like nutribullet shows.

Hope that answers your question :)

Another comprehensive answer: thank you for it. I've taken out the quotation because you are, of course, totally right. They have been specifically employed because of the way they are. It's not an accident.

As a sideline, I don't know why you've got so much flak on this forum, but I'm sorry for it. It's awash with conspiracy theorists here. They still think that Prince Phillip killed Diana. You're clearly kosher: it's not just what you're saying in response to people's questions, but how you're saying it. Thanks again.

Thank you. That means a great deal. It is quite ironic that I came on here to answer peoples sceptical comments. Yet when they hear the truth, as boring as it is, i must be an insider trying to blow smoke up ideal worlds rear end.. When in fact, the questions they are asking have the same answers as all work places. "Why hasn't blah blah been sacked for being bad at his job?". etc..

Please feel free to keep asking anything you can think of!

Merry christmas one and all.

Jason said:
Hi,

Just been reading your Behind the Scenes thread on the Ideal World board. I've been watching a lot of Ideal lately in with it on in the background and I was wondering if you know if the two pieces of music they use when telling you what's coming up next at the end of the hour are bespoke pieces of music for Ideal World or are they library tracks?

Also how many permanent sets do they have up in the main studio? I know they have a kitchen set and two 'soft areas' here they do watches and fashion.

And Does Create & Craft come from the same building?

Hope you can answer.

Jason.

Hi Jason,
They are most definitely library tracks but no idea what they are called I am afraid.
I have kind of answered the sets question in another answer, but to clarify..
There are no permanent "sets" at all. They are 5 areas in each studio. One studio for create and craft and one for ideal world.
Each area is known as a "set". but I think what you are referring to is the style of the set, IE Kitchen.

None of these styles are permanent. Even the kitchen set is rolled in and out and is on full caster wheels.
The soft areas are the same. They are purely carpeted on the day for the set, sofas are brought in etc. The same set you see at 6pm as a dining area, with a sofa, glass tables and lamps, could quite easily be a DIY/outside shed looking area by 9pm.

As kind of answered within this question, Create and Craft does come from the same building :)

If you want any further detail, please feel free to ask!

A couple of questions about the new US version of C&C for you. So is the American Create & Craft broadcast from the Create & Craft Studio and are there new regulations the company has had to take into account when broadcasting to the US? Where in America is/are the distribution warehouse/s ?Thank you.

A couple of questions about the new US version of C&C for you. So is the American Create & Craft broadcast from the Create & Craft Studio and are there new regulations the company has had to take into account when broadcasting to the US? Where in America is/are the distribution warehouse/s ?Thank you.

Hello! Regarding the US create and craft... I have not worked on this and it started after I had left. However, I have just looked on their website. It seems that the shows are done in the UK studio, as currently Dave Bradford is presenting, and the graphics are all american. Dave Bradford is permanently based in the UK and also works on radio in his home town, so there's no chance he could be flying to and from USA.

Looking through the catch up section of the website, all of the sets and presenters/guests all seem to be from the studio I am familiar with. So i can quite safely say that everything I have seen is made in the UK. Whether they also do some stuff in the USA that I haven't seen, I do not know.

I have no idea on different regulations as this is a very different area to the area I am in.
The warehouses/distribution is also not something I am involved in, as I am a technical part of production.

Latest posts

Back