NIOD is launching on QVC Beauty before the main Q Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Something I've started noticing with YouTube influencers is a new kid on the budget skincare block.

First I heard of it was in a Wayne Goss review, and more recently in a review by Nadine Baggott.

When the Deciem brands launched in UK, chief among the champions was Victoria Health. More recently, amid all the drama, it was announced that VH would no longer be stocking The Ordinary (not sure if that included the other Deciem brands). Clearly they were hunting for a replacement. Step forward Garden of Wisdom.

https://www.victoriahealth.com/brand/Garden-of-Wisdom/1110

The brand has been around for a while, but VH have been working on new formulations with them, and the prices they've come up with are on a similar level to The Ordinary. The important difference appears to be that GOW have been in the business of supplying the base ingredients for years, so presumably don't have the supply chain issues that have bedevilled The Ordinary.

Wayne's review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZYZ9cJHu-s
Nadine's review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iWkkpo7XlQ

Reading the British Beauty Blogger the other day seems companies are now dropping the so-called Influencers if they cannot prove their followers are real. Seems many have fake followers which means the Influencer gets loads of free stuff the more followers they have.

Oh, and I was chatting to someone who works in the cosmetic area and a number of Influencers have been caught out selling their stuff! Which is a big no-no. So the days of the Influencers are numbered.

Personally, I have never been influenced by any of them

Reading the British Beauty Blogger the other day seems companies are now dropping the so-called Influencers if they cannot prove their followers are real. Seems many have fake followers which means the Influencer gets loads of free stuff the more followers they have.

Oh, and I was chatting to someone who works in the cosmetic area and a number of Influencers have been caught out selling their stuff! Which is a big no-no. So the days of the Influencers are numbered.

Personally, I have never been influenced by any of them

I think you can find influencers who have "substance" and I've tried to follow those rather than the ones where it's all about selling. I think Nadine Baggott is worth following, as is Wayne Goss. Neither of them do YouTube as their main gig.

The big YouTube "gurus" who have become wealthy off their followers buying what they sell, and demanding ridiculous money to review products, are learning that their high profile has unwelcome consequences. I think it is a bubble about to burst. Beauty companies also need to take care, as their own behaviour does not stand up well to close scrutiny in many cases! They buy reviews, dictate what products can be reviewed, don't always honour their contracts, and demand no negative comments. There are YouTubers who refuse to work with them on that basis, so companies and up working with those who hold themselves to a lower standard. Whose fault is that? I'd say it takes two to tango, and blame both parties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkf_9NJgqFf/?taken-by=deciem

deciem They’re here—on time and almost just in time for the winter sun. Our mineral Suncare has arrived in SPF 15 and 30. These formulations combine ultra-refined zinc oxide and titanium dioxide (no nanoparticles) with a bio-active antioxidant network, a bio-sugar hydration complex, skin-identical non-comedogenic lipids and a Tasmanian pepperberry rich in flavanones, anthocyanin and minerals. (Our organic/non-mineral Invisible UV Filters SPF 35 with Antioxidants is still a few weeks away.)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkncfTCgCtM/?taken-by=deciem

deciem “B” Oil is here. And it has nothing to do with Brandon. It solubilizes a purified form of micro-algae in a blend of squalane and oils of marula, argan, baobab, pataua, brazil nut, inca inchi, rosehip and borage to support healthy skin defence, to enhance radiance, to quench free radicals and to help balance pro-irritant mediators.

"B" Oil 30ml £8.70

https://theordinary.com/product/rdn-b-oil-30ml?redir=1

“B” Oil solubilizes a purified form of micro-algae in a blend of squalane and oils of marula, argan, baobab, pataua, brazil nut, inca inchi, rosehip and borage to support healthy skin defense, to enhance radiance, to quench free radicals and to help balance pro-irritant mediators.

The formula imparts a golden green hue and a mild herbal odour as a result of its high micro-algae concentration.

Notes: Supplied in UV-protective packaging.
Directions
Apply a few drops daily or as needed to entire face ideally after water-based treatments.

Ingredients
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Bisabolol, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Isochrysis Galbana Extract, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Seed Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Oenocarpus Bataua Fruit Oil, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Hydroxymethoxyphenyl Decanone, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol.

Brandon looks happy and relaxed next to Nicola and even relieved, hope he learned his lesson.

Just how long this will last?

Till BT wants more publicity or feels the need to do some extreme public attention-seeking. I'm sick to death of the overgrown child and have no intention of buying any of his products (unless a friend or someone here tells me something is exceptionally good).

Till BT wants more publicity or feels the need to do some extreme public attention-seeking. I'm sick to death of the overgrown child and have no intention of buying any of his products (unless a friend or someone here tells me something is exceptionally good).

I had come to the conclusion that a lot of the drama might be BS. I just hope the chaotic period hasn't demoralised a whole lot of the staff. I find I'm reluctant to put my money into a company that resorts to the kind of behaviour witnessed in recent months, so I'm staying on the lookout for affordable and effective alternatives.

Just how long this will last?

Well I hope she got a very good golden hello and an iron-clad contract, otherwise she is a fool. I would be glad to get away from him! I am no longer interested in buying this range/these ranges because it seems as if staff are treated extremely badly.

Latest posts

Back