NIOD is launching on QVC Beauty before the main Q Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How ironic is that Andi, such an ugly person running a beauty company. He sound like a right idiot who's trying to force people out so his friends and family can run the company, what a mess. I also find it a bit ironic too he can talk about peace and claim to be ethical whilst hooked up with Estée Lauder.

How ironic is that Andi, such an ugly person running a beauty company. He sound like a right idiot who's trying to force people out so his friends and family can run the company, what a mess. I also find it a bit ironic too he can talk about peace and claim to be ethical whilst hooked up with Estée Lauder.

Very ironic, you're right. Better be careful what we say, though, because the guy is obviously very active on social media and probably scans the internet looking for comments about him so he'll probably come on here at some stage - and I'm scared!

I don't really want to defend his behaviour
but it is worth keeping in mind that he started the company, with his own money
and it belonged completely to him until a few months ago (and now 28% belongs to EL)
so he is not just 'running' the company and with reagrd to 'forcing people out',
he could and did employ whoever he fancied from day one
(I remember starting to buy from them when they had something like 5 employees)

Deary, deary me!!

I am not qualified in any way to speak of mental illness, so I won't speculate.

What a shame for the whole Deciem team. They must be frightened and demoralised by the dark turn the brand is taking.

EL are either going to look for an exit strategy or try a hostile takeover to protect their investment. Firing a CFO, unless there are strong grounds for doing so based on performance, will be ringing alarm bells with all the company's investors, not just EL.

Sometimes the entrepreneur who started the venture is not the one to keep it going. Instead of nurturing the company, he appears to have started a fire. He seems hell-bent on pouring gasoline on that fire.

What a crying shame. Exciting and abnormal is one thing but this is beyond that. Far, far, far beyond that.

It will be interesting to see what the social media beauty community reaction will be. Brandon was interviewed a month or so back by Nadine Baggott and had to keep interrupting him to stay on track. Caroline Hirons commented somewhat on her last empties video... I probably won't bother much with the US beauty bloggers as there's normally too much drama there already.

If nothing else I would send Brandon on a good holiday somewhere restful and without internet access for a week or so to process things and gain some perspective.

Hi maymorganlondon

I agree with what you said about not being qualified to talk about MH,
neither am I (not a doctor) and I only have my own experiences and my own thoughts,
and it is kind of bad manners to share them really,
and in a lot of ways, that means that I can't really get involved talking about sheddign any light onto this,
as that would inevitably stary into bad manners or unqualified territory ....

the CFO wasn't fired, but resigned, but still, agree bad news ....
EL may have palced on of those bets were they win, whichever way it goes,
if Deciem goes under, the disruptor who started to undermine pricing in the beauty market, of wich EL own a big slice,
then they may win by having neutralised that disruption ...
it is not an unusual strategy to hedge your risk and back both sides of a power struggle .....

on theat Nadine Bagott interview, I saw that when it came out,
and I don't think it was a fair representation,
Nadine kept interrupting him, and it seemed like she was very excited to talk about herself,
and what she knew, and her expertise etc, and that she knew about science etc
and he was super polite and well behaved there
and Nadine's own followers kept saying in the comments 'wish you woudl have let him finish some sentences' etc
anyhoo, that is my take, but Nadine may have felt critised by her viewers, and being bezzies with Caroline,
they went a tad 'mean girls' there imho

agree with the a lot of your post though otherwise :eek:)

Here it is lilith, it was on reddit. I’ve highlighted it below.

Marina, thanks,
I guess we have to agree to disagree,
BT was in the beauty industry and left Ideed labs in 2012,
and then there was EUEKO before (both of which he founded)
and before that he worked in data in a beauty company (as an employee) where he got involved with the sourcing and pricing of skincare,
which is where he leaned about the mark up i.e. selling a cream that cost $2 to make for $200
which I remember reading a number of times in different places over the last couple of years

and Deciem looking for a graphic designer, does not make them graphic designer company
all companies use them
and a bloke going past and having an impression that it looks like photo services
and another bloke who didn't go to interview, doesn't really mean much to me
obviously I can't speak for them, and how they think a beauty company should look,
and thetre was also the non-compete agreement (we talked abut this on here a few times)
which stopped BT from coming out with certain skincare products (but he was allowed to Hands and supplements, hence Hand Chemistry and Fountain first)

anyhoo, as I said, I am not trying to defend his recent and current behaviour,
but my interpretation is very different from yours (this bit I mean from your post : 'Brandon is just a business entrepreneur, only in 2012 he had a graphic design company and now he is a skincare guru all over sudden.')

i think I am going to butt out now with this stuff,
getting too demanding on energy and time (due to Brandon, not you, Marina) .....

all the best xxx

I think a lot of entrepreneurs are serial entrepreneurs, and Brandon bears this out. One of their strengths is not fearing failure.
There is lots to admire about the innovation, hard work and creativity, but in any sphere, once something is out in the world it belongs as much to the customers as the proprietors in my opinion. Deciem is beginning to remind me of the Star Wars franchise, where the only way to save it was a change of ownership.

I see the CFO resigned, citing the firing of Nicola the co-CEO, so I was wrong to say he was fired.

Having seen both Nadine's interview and Caroline's, I think both have been very supportive and positive towards Brandon. I am concerned that Brandon is shutting out anyone who does not conform to his personal expectations of loyalty and support.

Frankly the situation has become utterly ridiculous, and risks becoming divisive even among fans of the brand.

p.s. maymorganlondon, I think we are most likely talking about different interviews,
(Emma Gunns had a two part podcast recently with both Nadine and Caroline together, rabbitting and having a laugh in it,
and in there they talked about Nadine's prior interview with Brandon.....that is the one I was talking about,
and that was before Caroline commented on her blog, and I agree, was mostly supportive and positive,
and Brandon's response was ahem, worrying and not classy ...)
but anyhoo,
it has all gotten too much for most of us ....... and you are right, also with that last sentence ....x

I don't really want to defend his behaviour
but it is worth keeping in mind that he started the company, with his own money
and it belonged completely to him until a few months ago (and now 28% belongs to EL)
so he is not just 'running' the company and with reagrd to 'forcing people out',
he could and did employ whoever he fancied from day one
(I remember starting to buy from them when they had something like 5 employees)

I don't think I'll keep it in mind, I'd have to give a toss to do that but thanks anyway. I was just commenting on the article, and that's about as far as my involvement in it goes.

I don't think I'll keep it in mind, I'd have to give a toss to do that but thanks anyway. I was just commenting on the article, and that's about as far as my involvement in it goes.

alrighty, my mistake, just commenting on your comment, apologies :mysmilie_11:

p.s. maymorganlondon, I think we are most likely talking about different interviews,
(Emma Gunns had a two part podcast recently with both Nadine and Caroline together, rabbitting and having a laugh in it,
and in there they talked about Nadine's prior interview with Brandon.....that is the one I was talking about,
and that was before Caroline commented on her blog, and I agree, was mostly supportive and positive,
and Brandon's response was ahem, worrying and not classy ...)
but anyhoo,
it has all gotten too much for most of us ....... and you are right, also with that last sentence ....x

I watched the beauty insider one. I couldn't find a way to listen to the podcast without having to sign up to the site so had to pass on that.

There's some madness going on on Instagram.

debpollard2718Word of advice...you need to care about the people who work for you, you want them believe in the brand and YOU so you must return the same to THEM. Your company is nothing without your TEAM.

liusual@debpollard2718 agreed. expecting blind loyalty from people under you while throwing them under the bus at the drop of a hat is a horrible way to treat anybody, especially those you claim to love

nuvu4685I found your products and I think they are fantastic but the SM drama is turning my stomach. Can you make this private?

misskidi_@simply_cheyy or be the professional you wish to be and email the appropriate channels for a career opportunity.

knownasblueOpening all these stores meanwhile my order from 2/17 has yet to ship and I'm still waiting on a refund from an item I purchased last year. Not to mention the countless products that tore up my skin. This brand is complete and total TRASH.

deciem@knownasblue why do you keep ordering then? Stop trashing my rude and good team. @smoke.and.miras please issue a refund for everything this person has purchased historically and never ship anything to them again. -Brandon

deciem@deciem I meant trashing my good team not rude team

knownasblue@deciem Brandon, you are batshit crazy. I'm counting down the days till this company implodes. It has no chance with you at the helm. NOW GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!

scah.jpg@deciem you're a piece of ****

iscah.jpg@deciem seriously, you're abusive to even your own customers. How do you keep your stamina up to consistently ridicule them and expose their private information? Garbage.
[email protected] ��

knownasblue@deciem Brandon, get help.

There's some madness going on on Instagram.

And we thought QVC's Facebook page was bad! I wish one of the Q Admin team would reply to one of the customers in the style of Mr Truaxe:

"Stop asking about Birkenstocks and complaining about your trashed pie delivery, you piece of sh*t - Liam x"

Oh dear it looks as though people have started to receive their 'NIOD SKINCARE HEROES TRIO' and are only receiving 15ml bottles of CAIS2 and MMHC2 instead of the 30mls stated!

Apparently QVC are aware of the problem and are in contact with Deciem to try and sort it out

Oh dear it looks as though people have started to receive their 'NIOD SKINCARE HEROES TRIO' and are only receiving 15ml bottles of CAIS2 and MMHC2 instead of the 30mls stated!

Apparently QVC are aware of the problem and are in contact with Deciem to try and sort it out

When Ian posted the trio first I've looked and I'm sure those were 15 ml (?)

I notice they now took it offline

Apparently the description on the website stated that they were 30ml bottles and also in the video they kept emphasising the fact that they were double sized and so what a great bargain it was.

They have now replied to one customer that it was a mistake (think by Deciem) and that they will not be honouring it but will collect the item and give a full refund!

I have doubts that the recent TSV I ordered will be received - what a strange situation to put your own company at risk. Plenty of issues all round!

I read the complaints on the QVC Facebook page and decided to have a look at this thread. How the Hell can they get this so wrong, the worst PR for a company ever. People saying they will never shop with QVC or the brand again if they do not get the sizes advertised.

Latest posts

Back