NIOD is launching on QVC Beauty before the main Q Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So what is Niod?

It’s a new professional skincare range to complement dermatological and surgical options in beauty. The name itself stands for non-invasive options in dermal science. Tune in to QVC Beauty across the month of January if you’d like to find out a bit more. Below are details of the first few shows:

1st January – 9am

2nd January – 1pm

3rd January – 3pm

4th January – 2pm

5th January – 11am

6th January – 1pm

7th January – 3pm

thought youd might wanna know about this

So what is Niod?

It’s a new professional skincare range to complement dermatological and surgical options in beauty. The name itself stands for non-invasive options in dermal science. Tune in to QVC Beauty across the month of January if you’d like to find out a bit more. Below are details of the first few shows:

1st January – 9am

2nd January – 1pm

3rd January – 3pm

4th January – 2pm

5th January – 11am

6th January – 1pm

7th January – 3pm

thought youd might wanna know about this

thanks so much Ian,
i was indeed trying to find out,
and you have made my day :0)
merci, dankeschoen, thank you !

we all know this is going to be an expensive brand

I think it depends on your definition of expensive, I suppose. They have fairly wide range of pricing.

Here's the website

Quoting their prices for items listed as coming to QVC
Photography Fluid: £20 for 30ml
Neck Elasticity Complex: £50 for 50ml
Copper Amino Isolate Serum 5%: £130 for 15ml.

the items i am most interested in, so far
are the copper isolate serum 1% which is £38
and the multi molecular hyaluronic which is £25
QVC, according to Ian's list on 'new beauty items' is going to have a set of those two
but the info like price was gone when i opened the link

but i need to learn more about these
and also i am keeping an eye on what may be similar/previous incarnations of some if these products
and need to see ingredients etc, so it is a little too early for me to have an opinion
but i am interested and it has my attention at this point ...

For anyone interested, Caroline Hirons has reviewed this range in some detail, and interviewed the founder.
It is on her Beauty Mouth blog, scroll through the older posts until you reach Dec 7 page.

I’ve read a little bit on NIOD website on benefits of Copper and remembered that at some point I was taking Copper as food supplement to benefit the skin for a short period of time.

For anyone interested, Caroline Hirons has reviewed this range in some detail, and interviewed the founder.
It is on her Beauty Mouth blog, scroll through the older posts until you reach Dec 7 page.
I couldn’t find the blog topic, any chance of a direct link please?

Looks like another DrPeriCrone-esque pseudo "scientific" over-priced brand. Love how they make it seem Vitamin C and Copper are new inventions....

I can already hear the ResidentBeautyExpertQualifiedInAllAreas shrieking "The textures! ..... paintented ingreejunts ...... celebridees....."

Last edited:
I have now read a bit about NIOD and can't wait to try it, the reason being is that it improves the health of the skin (eg improves blood micro-circulation in the skin etc). I keep checking the website but still nothing there with now only five days to go. Is this a regular thing that a new brand is being introduced, they put it online at the last moment like a TSV?
ps: the packaging does look Perriconesque this put me off a bit as I reacted to Perricone products

I have now read a bit about NIOD and can't wait to try it, the reason being is that it improves the health of the skin (eg improves blood micro-circulation in the skin etc). I keep checking the website but still nothing there with now only five days to go. Is this a regular thing that a new brand is being introduced, they put it online at the last moment like a TSV?
ps: the packaging does look Perriconesque this put me off a bit as I reacted to Perricone products

they make it up as they go along, sometimes they put it on a few days before or if they wanna perserve the stock they dont put it on till its live or not at all ect

Save yourself a shed load of money. Quit sugar and drink San Pellegrino/ Badoit mineral water daily. I've done this for the past 10 months (Christmas celebrations excepted) and my skin just glows now. Skincare routine is now quite basic - cleanser, toner sometimes and moisturiser twice a day. If my skin is feeling a little dry I add a couple of drops of rose oil. I use Kiehl's basic Ultra Facial range so no gimmicky anti-ageing stuff. No serums, eye creams, neck creams etc.

No amount of expensive skincare (especially those that claim Holy Grail status) will improve your skin if you 1. Smoke 2. Sunbathe/sunbed 3. Drink alcohol frequently 4. Eat crap refined/ processed food full of sugar 5. are dehydrated (we don't drink enough - we easily confuse thirst signals with hunger so eat more instead of drink)

That's my opinion anyway but the significant improvement of my skin speaks for itself.

This brand sounds like another lot of the Emperor's new clothes

I think that I would like to try San Pellegrino/ Badoit mineral water and I see that it's carbonated. Just had a quick search on Google and see it has quite a few minerals in it. Just one question, I thought that the carbonated water was not very good for the stomach lining and increases stomach acidity? I am currently around three weeks into no sugar (fruit permitted) and no caffeine so if I add the above mentioned water it may improve my chances for a better skin (I don't smoke and don't drink and try to get my beauty sleep when I can) but guilty as charged when it comes to sunbathing.

Talking about skin care products I have come across a brand that does improve skin health it really does (Strivectin) but is on the expensive side and NIOD is more affordable (providing it works).

Problem with any beauty or dietary advice - if you want to find a negative advice about something, you can find it... and if you want to find a positive advice, you will also find it. It's confusing and infuriating. I always go back to that old advice "everything in moderation". And Badoit in particular is only mildly sparkling - no aggressive bubbles, if you go for the green bottles (the red bottles are more conventionally sparkling). I tend to alternate it with filtered tap and sparkling supermarket own brand. The best thing is to try... see if it suits you, and go from there. Only you will be able to see or feel if it's doing what you expect it to do...

I like mineral water, and San Pellegrino is one of my favourites, but I read that a lot of these bottled waters have a high sodium content and as I have high blood pressure that does not seem like a good idea to drink gallons of the stuff, as much as I would like to, I presume tap water is not so bad, but perhaps it is? Am sure red wine is okay though :mysmilie_59:

I've been drinking at least 2 litres of supermarket brand sparkling water a day for about ten years (17p per 2 litre bottle), and I feel much better for it. Where I used to have coffee I now usually drink a glass of water. I sleep better, I eat less, I'm much less tired during the day and the IBS that plagued my life has all but disappeared.

Is sparkling water really bad for you?
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150911-is-sparkling-water-really-bad-for-you

I like mineral water, and San Pellegrino is one of my favourites, but I read that a lot of these bottled waters have a high sodium content and as I have high blood pressure that does not seem like a good idea to drink gallons of the stuff, as much as I would like to, I presume tap water is not so bad, but perhaps it is? Am sure red wine is okay though :mysmilie_59:

Badoit has 11 times as much salt as tap water but San Pellegrino only has twice as much. Other brands have less.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-mineral-water-11-times-SALT-tap-water.html

There's around 4mg of sodium in 100g of red wine.

Tap water has traces of prescription drugs, lime and rust from the pipes in it and I wouldn't advice to drink it.

Tap water has traces of prescription drugs, lime and rust from the pipes in it and I wouldn't advice to drink it.

Also industrial effluents according to regional tests I read recently. I hardly ever drink tap water nowadays, I drink sparkling and I give my dogs and cats still bottled water, particularly as one of the dogs already has chronic kidney problems. Well if I don't want to drink tap water why would I give it to those I love?

Latest posts

Back