NIOD is launching on QVC Beauty before the main Q Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's such a shame, now their "cruelty free" status will go right out the window.

I don't think Deciem has an obvious stance on cruelty free, in anything I've come across. The NIOD and The Ordinary products I've bought definitely don't have the leaping bunny symbol which I would view as one of the few reliable schemes.

I do recall that Liz Earle didn't lose the leaping bunny when Avon bought them, so loss of any earned ratings would not be automatic, surely?

I don't think Deciem has an obvious stance on cruelty free, in anything I've come across. The NIOD and The Ordinary products I've bought definitely don't have the leaping bunny symbol which I would view as one of the few reliable schemes.

I do recall that Liz Earle didn't lose the leaping bunny when Avon bought them, so loss of any earned ratings would not be automatic, surely?

If you look on their website http://deciem.com/ you'll see they say if they're nut free/cruelty free etc so I'm wondering will that now have to be removed because yes, as PETA will tell you, if the parent company/owners or part owners of a cruelty free brand own a company that test on animals, they'll lose their cruelty free status. I don't know were they'll stand now though because Estée Lauder don't test on animals, only when a company or country require them to.

NIOD will also be available in Germany from July 17th on, via QVC.:)
Great news Ani, if you are interested in the brand try the copper which is their hero product, and perhaps they are going to do an introductory set at a good price.

Great news Ani, if you are interested in the brand try the copper which is their hero product, and perhaps they are going to do an introductory set at a good price.
Thanks! :) I bought their last TSV but haven't been able to try it yet because my skin is still "not amused".

They have already said the prices for MMHC (24€) and for CAIS (36,14€), each 15ml. We'll see what else will be offered.:)

 A new foundation is coming out in The Ordinary range - Matte Watercolours.

 And Suncare coming soon too:
 Mineral UV Filters SPF 15 + NMF
 Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 + NMF
 Mixed UV Filters SPF 50 + NMF
 Invisible UV Filters SPF 35
 Mixed UV Filters SPF 30 + Oil Control

I thought it would be nice if they came out with hair care in The Ordinary, the prices in this range are outstanding.

 I bought some Serum foundation 1.2P (went a shade down) in the Covent Garden store earlier this week and loving it, it's very light and with excellent coverage, everything that I wanted from my foundation. The store is very small you couldn't swing a cat in it, they have a downstairs but it's currently closed.

Got an email from Victoria Heath yesterday

Welcome to the August newsletter where I talk about Survival, the four new products from NIOD, we release another product from The Ordinary and we take a look at a few other new product launches. Shabir takes an in-depth look at probiotics, discover the latest product to go off the Richter scale and the VH editorial girls have done it again with some pretty hard-hitting articles, which I will write around on The Podium. Because it is August, I have given myself permission to write a shorter newsletter than usual, so that said let’s do Survival:
Survival
I am not going to go too technical about Survival because together with the ingredients, everything is listed on each of the product pages. Instead I will reiterate again that although the focus will undoubtedly be on the inclusion of SPFs (with the exception of Survival 0), Survival is a range of four networked protection systems that help support healthy skin defences against environmental and lifestyle-related assaults. Despite their lightweight texture, these formulations offer a broad selection of advanced technologies to target the effects of oxygen radicals including the superoxide radical, nitrogen radicals, glycation and advanced glycation end-products (AGE), pollution, smog, stress, infrared and blue light. The Survival products are not tinted and the colour is derived from the protective components such as Lutein, Pycnogenol and fractionated melanin.
Controversially, or otherwise, the only time I wear an SPF is when I am on the beach, or in strong sunlight, so I may be the exception to the rule, but I am using the Survival products because of the spectacular formulations (thank you Prudvi) and rather like ‘alpha and omega’ we now have ‘CAIS and Survival’, the first and the last. In Statera. The Balance.
Perhaps my above stance comes to be because there is a thing about SPF products; this entire sector of the beauty industry is cloaked in confusion and many myths, most of which are completely false. SPF (Sun Protection Factor) is an indication of UVB protection only and does not communicate any level of protection with respect to UVA. The SPF number can be highly misleading in terms of actual protection. SPF 10 blocks up to 90% of UVB rays; SPF 20 blocks up to 95% and SPF 30 blocks up to 97%. The thing that really gets to me is the ‘holier than thou’ attitude about SPF 50/60; I want to scream when I see the marketing around this genre because at 98% there is only 1% more protection from UVB rays than SPF 30, yet they are portrayed as being the salvation of skin in the sun.
To read about the myths, such as, in practical terms, there is no such thing as a ‘waterproof’ SPF, and other important facts about SPF products, please click here; this should be read as an educational piece and some of the statements may well shock you. Outside of that article, nothing is more shocking than discovering that a high percentage of SPF products do not actually have the level of SPF as listed on the packaging and promotional material. This is more common than rare; they are big name brands and I’m not going to name them, but I have a feeling Brandon won’t be able to stay silent, most especially after a particularly well-known brand is ‘offering’ SPF 50, which three separate lab tests have proved is only SPF 27, or thereabouts.
I kind of rest my case here, just two more things to say. A thank you to Brandon for writing the ‘educational’ piece and Survival 0 is currently the second bestselling of the four products, which is for night-time use (although I sometimes use it during the day) and does not contain SPF. Interesting times.
Finally, Survival has only launched in Europe while DECIEM are completing the necessary registrations in markets internationally, which can take up to six months. During this time international customers can order from VH (that's us!), importing for personal use only.
Survival 0 £20 for 30 ml; Survival 10 £23 for 30 ml; Survival 20 £24 for 30 ml; Survival 30 £25 for 30 ml; CAIS 1% £38 for 15 ml

 A new foundation is coming out in The Ordinary range - Matte Watercolours.

 And Suncare coming soon too:
 Mineral UV Filters SPF 15 + NMF
 Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 + NMF
 Mixed UV Filters SPF 50 + NMF
 Invisible UV Filters SPF 35
 Mixed UV Filters SPF 30 + Oil Control

I thought it would be nice if they came out with hair care in The Ordinary, the prices in this range are outstanding.

 I bought some Serum foundation 1.2P (went a shade down) in the Covent Garden store earlier this week and loving it, it's very light and with excellent coverage, everything that I wanted from my foundation. The store is very small you couldn't swing a cat in it, they have a downstairs but it's currently closed.

glad you like the TO Serum foundation, hard to believe it is £5.70, hehe,
but that is Brandon Truaxe for you, pricing as relative to the cost,
rather than what you can get away with,
and the Coverage foundation costs 20p more as i has more pigment
and the price was not increased even thogh there was a 75,000 unit queue for these
(gotta love 'em)

anyhow, i have bought the Niod Survival 30 and very happy with it
and will get Survival 0 too

plus really looking forward to forthcoming stuff
Niod Re:pigment (attacking Hyperpigmentation)
TO L Absorbic Acid Powder
TO Resveratrol and Ferulic Acid
and Esho (new deceiem brand/colab) Lip Plumper

I tested survival in the shop - very fine texture and nice pigment. I have so many dropper bottles of deciem that I try not to buy anything but went and bought caffeine for the eyes. I tried it in the shop and the puffiness started going down immediately. I was feeling it and my OH was with me and he confirmed the puffiness was going down and kept going later, however, didn't go down completely in the end but I'm not complaining! £5.80 was the (30ml!) bottle.

Just looked on deciem website and yet another foundation is coming soon, called Dewy Watercolours.

Not available yet but they've put the info up.

RE: Pigment

15ml - £28; 30ml - £50

http://niod.com/product/nid-re-pigment-30ml

MULTI-PATHWAY BRIGHTENING SYSTEM

A highly-saturated, ultra-lightweight, emollient solution incorporating modern advances in biotechnology and peptide technology to fight signs of one of the most complex-to-treat dermal concerns: hyperpigmentation. This formula visibly counteracts both uneven pigmentation, such as spots, as well as overall pigmentation issues through several pathways. This multi-pathway approach optimizes the synergy between the technologies in contrast to networked technologies that approach visible pigmentation through the same mechanisms.

CORE ACTIVE BRIGHTENING TECHNOLOGIES

Diglucosyl Gallic Acid
An alpha-glucoside derivative of trihydroxy benzoic acid, derived through biotechnology, this active is sixty times more potent than kojic acid in visibly brightening skin tone.

Acetyl Glycyl Beta Alanine
A patented brightening peptide solution with a very low molecular weight of less than 200 daltons achieves extremely efficient penetration that is fundamental to its visible influence on skin radiance.

White Shiitake Ferment
An extraordinarily-high concentration of this purified bio-derivative targets the appearance of dark spots starting within less than a week of use.

Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate (Azeloyl Glycine)
A dicarboxylic acid derivative, this patented technology is formed through condensation of Azelaic Acid and Glycine, offering far better visible brightening and anti-redness activity than Azelaic Acid itself.

Encapsulated Oligopeptide-68
Fully-solubilized, encapsulated liposomal oligopeptide complex reduces the appearance of UV-induced pigmentation with continued use.

Solubilized Tetrapeptide-30
Patented high-saturation peptide complex visibly reduces contrast between areas of varying dermal pigmentation.

Red Evodia Fruit Derivatives
Borrowed from traditional Chinese medicine, a modern high-purity derivatives of the Red Evodia fruit encourages radiance and evenness starting with the very first application.

SUPPORTING ACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES

Lipo-Oligopeptides Delivery System
This nonapeptide complex enhances the delivery of the technologies in the formula.

Microfiltered Klamath Lake Aphanizomenon Flos-Aquae
Obtained through biomass processing, this non-core support technology is a marine derivative with exceptional antioxidant and hydration properties.

i have ordered this earlier fom Victoria Health
and the small bottle of 15ml was priced at £27 there
had been looking forward to this

also new TO stuff/launches already on the VH website
my favourite of those being Resveratrol 3% and Ferulic 3% for £5.50

p.s. glad you like the TO Serum foundation :0)

Not available yet but they've put the info up.

RE: Pigment

15ml - £28; 30ml - £50

http://niod.com/product/nid-re-pigment-30ml

MULTI-PATHWAY BRIGHTENING SYSTEM

A highly-saturated, ultra-lightweight, emollient solution incorporating modern advances in biotechnology and peptide technology to fight signs of one of the most complex-to-treat dermal concerns: hyperpigmentation. This formula visibly counteracts both uneven pigmentation, such as spots, as well as overall pigmentation issues through several pathways. This multi-pathway approach optimizes the synergy between the technologies in contrast to networked technologies that approach visible pigmentation through the same mechanisms.

CORE ACTIVE BRIGHTENING TECHNOLOGIES

Diglucosyl Gallic Acid
An alpha-glucoside derivative of trihydroxy benzoic acid, derived through biotechnology, this active is sixty times more potent than kojic acid in visibly brightening skin tone.

Acetyl Glycyl Beta Alanine
A patented brightening peptide solution with a very low molecular weight of less than 200 daltons achieves extremely efficient penetration that is fundamental to its visible influence on skin radiance.

White Shiitake Ferment
An extraordinarily-high concentration of this purified bio-derivative targets the appearance of dark spots starting within less than a week of use.

Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate (Azeloyl Glycine)
A dicarboxylic acid derivative, this patented technology is formed through condensation of Azelaic Acid and Glycine, offering far better visible brightening and anti-redness activity than Azelaic Acid itself.

Encapsulated Oligopeptide-68
Fully-solubilized, encapsulated liposomal oligopeptide complex reduces the appearance of UV-induced pigmentation with continued use.

Solubilized Tetrapeptide-30
Patented high-saturation peptide complex visibly reduces contrast between areas of varying dermal pigmentation.

Red Evodia Fruit Derivatives
Borrowed from traditional Chinese medicine, a modern high-purity derivatives of the Red Evodia fruit encourages radiance and evenness starting with the very first application.

SUPPORTING ACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES

Lipo-Oligopeptides Delivery System
This nonapeptide complex enhances the delivery of the technologies in the formula.

Microfiltered Klamath Lake Aphanizomenon Flos-Aquae
Obtained through biomass processing, this non-core support technology is a marine derivative with exceptional antioxidant and hydration properties.

A new release from The Ordinary

EUK 134 0.1% ; £6.90

http://deciem.com/product/rdn-euk-134-01pct-30ml

EUK 134 is a mimetic of superoxide dismutase and catalse, forming an exceptionally rare self-regenerating molecule that scavenges superoxide free radicals, eliminates hydrogen peroxide and converts reactive oxygen species into water and oxygen. While it has been around for many years, very few products on the market do use this truly superb antioxidant which can regenerate itself to offer round-the-clock antioxidant support. The only issue with EUK 134 is that it must not be used immediately with strong acids such as suspensions of Ascorbic Acid. Strong acids will completely destroy EUK 134 which is based on manganese.

The low price of this formula does not reflect EUK 134's extremely high potency. EUK 134 is by far one of the strongest antioxidants available. While EUK 134 itself is very costly, the suggested concentration in any formula is below 0.05% and most formulas do not use this maximum suggestion. Our formula uses EUK 134 at an extremely high 0.1% concentration and we do not believe any product on the market today uses a higher concentration than this amount. This formula does not contain any water, silicones, oils or alcohol. Water can impair the stability of any antioxidant.

The Ordinary's antioxidant offering includes Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%. If you wish to take advantage of both formulas, the most effective regimen would be to use Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% in the PM (mixed with an Ascorbic Acid suspension if desired) and EUK 134 in the AM, since acids and EUK 134 should not be mixed. EUK 134 can also be mixed with most products such as Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA for a strong antioxidant boost.

Latest posts

Back