NIOD is launching on QVC Beauty before the main Q Channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are worse things in tap water that I didn't want to mention in my earlier post.

I alway use water I have filtered in a jug, and feel that this tastes far better than what comes out of the tap, but not sure if this does get rid of some of the nasties in tap water, when I lived in Surrey the water always seem to have a oily shine to it, that was particularly noticeable if you made a cup of tea with it, I don't seem to get that in the Midlands but the water does have a fairly strong chlorine smell.
I do love Evian out of the still bottled waters, much prefer it to any of the others

I think that I would like to try San Pellegrino/ Badoit mineral water and I see that it's carbonated. Just had a quick search on Google and see it has quite a few minerals in it. Just one question, I thought that the carbonated water was not very good for the stomach lining and increases stomach acidity? I am currently around three weeks into no sugar (fruit permitted) and no caffeine so if I add the above mentioned water it may improve my chances for a better skin (I don't smoke and don't drink and try to get my beauty sleep when I can) but guilty as charged when it comes to sunbathing.

Talking about skin care products I have come across a brand that does improve skin health it really does (Strivectin) but is on the expensive side and NIOD is more affordable (providing it works).

No problems at all with my stomach lining drinking SP/ Badoit sparkling mineral water. On the other hand, before I started my no-sugar new lifestyle, I was popping an Omeprazole daily because of excess stomach acidity. Hubby too. Both of us have not suffered a single heartburn incident since our new lifestyle began. We attribute the previous heartburn to constant snacking and over indulgence - the stomach is constantly receiving food and is therefore constantly producing stomach acid to break it down.

I have lost 6.5 stone and hubby nearly 2 stone (he's now back within his BMI quite comfortably). I have another 3.5 stone to lose.

I have lost 6.5 stone and hubby nearly 2 stone (he's now back within his BMI quite comfortably). I have another 3.5 stone to lose.

Wow Flamenco, that's fantastic, what an achievement!

Last edited:
I meant when I search for NIOD this one doesn't come up but the direct link worked.
It seems that the Activator is not included (the copper crystals)?

NIOd 30mls on sale for £45 at lookfantastic at the mo
plus lots of other Deciem stuff
also a seperate buy £85 (non sale) of Deciem products and get £90 Deciem goody bag
not looked any further as i am not buying until i need it
but in case you wanted head up

i double checked
it is the version 1 which needs refridgerating
so i wonder how long they have stocked it
just a note of caution re efficacy
i had a 6 months shelf life unopened in my head somewhere
i am not going to check with Deciem customer services as i am not taking up this offer
but just flagging up
you can actually add two of the 30ml CAIS bottles and get the free gift show up in basket
but.... no good stocking up if efficacy no good anymore
apparently when it turns greener from blue
it is not good anymore

haha, i have indeed seen it,
and snaffled it up at Victoria Health
been using it just over a week
i don't want to be too gushy,
but it is amazing
after first use (you can leave it on for a good while, i did 2 hours, not drying like 'normal' clay)
it already sorted out my funky ingrown hair bumps on chin
then i used it two more times last week, but just on the t-zone
and a hydrating mask on the cheeks and forehead
and today again a full face one
the skin on the t-zone had been worse than on the rest of my face (bigger pores, breakouts, marks)
and it is getting smoother and more close the skin on the cheeks now

I emailed NIOD today re: FM and they said it hasn’t been launched yet and they don't have the date when it does (???).
How can Victoria Health have had it and also said they expect two deliveries this week?
I’m going to place another order on VH and see if they can fulfil my order this week.

I emailed NIOD today re: FM and they said it hasn’t been launched yet and they don't have the date when it does (???).
How can Victoria Health have had it and also said they expect two deliveries this week?
I’m going to place another order on VH and see if they can fulfil my order this week.

Marina, i think they have an exclusive with VH and need to protect that
and they have their own inhouse lab and manufacturing
and they are a small company
so i am imagining that 'launch' is a little different for them
then when a large corporate pulls the trigger
VH even had it on pre-sale as a mystery product
without telling people what it is
for the small band of NIOD afficianados
who are early adopters

i saw it but did not pre-order it
i think Brendan and Gill at VH are trying out ways of marketing things as well
and ways of testing trust in the brand
i am not an early adopter of NIOD
but i ordered as soon as i knew what it was and how it is supposed to work
as it addressed some of the concerns i had re harsher ways for keeping skin de clogged

i am definitely fast becoming a fan though
everything i have had from them i am really really happy about
(CAIS, MMHC, NEC mainly mornings, Hylamide SubQ eyes mornings, Hylamide SubQ anti-age serum evenings or wehm i feel i need it, Handchemistry Retin Oil am and pm on my decolletee had very good results too)
and i am thrilled about much firmer contours
and i am not scared of the mirror anymore hehe

you may know all that already
but just in case it helps

they are a small company and behave differently from a corporate
and hence expect them to behave 'abnormally' as in Deciem 'the abnormal beauty company'
:0)

I didn’t know most of this and it was interesting read. I actually thought that by doing it exclusive with VH or other, it’s like a covert way of testing the product on people.

Ps: I ordered some more NIOD just before 20% offer closed ))) and the hand cream, was tempted by the Retin Oil and will get it when finish my Alpha H and other branded vitamin A.

the Retin Oil is available at loads of places incl Boots
so you should always b eable to get it a good offer,
i think i paid £11 for 100ml and only maybe used 10 ml so far
but at this price i may end up slathering it all over
as we get into summer and limbs come out ;0)

regarding testing, dunno about covert, but yes, possibly moving to a larger sort of group to get feedback
the FM mask said to leave in for 10 minutes but Gillisn from VH and Brendan were experimenting with it on fir hours and over night, as was shared in VH newsletter
and i have also left it on for hours, with no ill effects or drying, as it is not a convential mud mask

testing-wise, as far as i know, we kind of put stuff on our faces pretty much at our own risk
no regulation demanding trials as with drugs
(no that this is all above board either, as reports with bad results can get oops 'lost' or data spun or ommitted etc)
for instance Tom from Alpha H told me about the clinical trials AH did on Liquid Gold recently
now that is after it has been on the market for 15 years
so i guess we are all guinea pigs in someway or other
and if an ingredients, like most recently MI, causes skin doctors to ring the alarm bells
then regulators, in this case the EU, will make laws to outlaw that ingredient
Elemis is now reformulating but has been using this ingredient in a number of products
just as on example, of many
so yes, we are all 'testing' on some level in some shape or form
apart from the few who use the same cold cream of known ingredients of yore...

one thing about the higher end skincare that appeals to those who want something more advanced is the lack of perfume and essential oils which i find personally irritating. is this brand unscented?

It is unscented but some products may have slightly chemical smell that I cannot describe e.g. NEC.

Latest posts

Back