Sales or Cons!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

glitterbabe

Registered Shopper
New to this site so please excuse this rant and its probably something that happens all the time but just a little miffed!!!! I look on TJC website quite a bit, love looking at jewellery and have fallen in love with a ring on the site but these last few weeks its been up and down in price like a yoyo!!!! A few days ago it was on the site for something like £1099.99 then looked on it again today and with the half price sale it is now on for £2489.99!!!! Some sale!!!!!

Hi glitterbabe and welcome. This happens quite a lot with TJC and I've never understood it - to me, it looks highly dodgy if a company does this, and keeps moving prices up and down. Why don't you try e-mailing them or ringing, to complain - tell them you would have bought it at the original price (it's worth a try and nothing ventured, nothing gained). The only thing that occurs to me is if you are a regular customer, they do e-mail you money-off voucher codes very regularly if you want to buy straight from the website (usually not valid for online auctions), and perhaps - and I say 'perhaps' - they add on the money-off discount to certain items, and just hike up the price to allow for the money-off deduction, so it looks as though you are getting a bargain with (say) a 30% voucher code to be taken off an item. This may delude some people into thinking they've got a great deal, but if you are a regular viewer of the website the chances are you will already have your eye on an item, and will know exactly how much the price was when you last viewed it - so you are certainly going to notice a sudden price hike, aren't you? But obviously, not everyone will notice - and they will probably take it at face value that they are getting a good deal with (say) a 30% off voucher burning a hole in their pocket! From your post, I don't know if you had received a voucher or not, but believe me I speak from the voice of experience when I agree with you about the prices going up and down! Don't get me wrong, I've bought quite a bit from TJC and overall have been very pleased with what I've bought and thought it good value at the prices I paid, and they do e-mail me vouchers regularly, but the see-saw prices for certain items (can't say I've noticed it on ALL website items) does annoy me.

New to this site so please excuse this rant and its probably something that happens all the time but just a little miffed!!!! I look on TJC website quite a bit, love looking at jewellery and have fallen in love with a ring on the site but these last few weeks its been up and down in price like a yoyo!!!! A few days ago it was on the site for something like £1099.99 then looked on it again today and with the half price sale it is now on for £2489.99!!!! Some sale!!!!!

Last edited:
I know exactly the ring you mean glitterbabe , and the price now is ridiculous . TJC do muck about with their prices a lot and like you I keep a close eye on the website so I can tell when there is a deal to be had particularly when there is a 25 or 30% discount code . I'm sure this is an error and the price will be back to what it was before. Very frustrating though.

I've noticed a day before they offer a discount online, they hike the prices up, you sometimes pay more for the item after the discount. Their one to own yesterday were the beautiful merino embroidered shawls (which I bought before christmas), they were sold with the matching bag included then, yesterday they split them up, even though the actual ones were pictured online together, the bag was sold on tv in separate auction for 19.99, I've always thought the swawls were a great deal and worth much more, just found it annoying that they thought we wouldn't notice or remember the bag was part of the original deal.

They did this with watches a few years ago. They had a set of 4 watches, each with a different colour watchstrap, one price for the 4, which I bought. When the same watches came back to screen a few months later, there were only 2 watches in the set, but for exactly the same price as before.
I've noticed a day before they offer a discount online, they hike the prices up, you sometimes pay more for the item after the discount. Their one to own yesterday were the beautiful merino embroidered shawls (which I bought before christmas), they were sold with the matching bag included then, yesterday they split them up, even though the actual ones were pictured online together, the bag was sold on tv in separate auction for 19.99, I've always thought the swawls were a great deal and worth much more, just found it annoying that they thought we wouldn't notice or remember the bag was part of the original deal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back