Tarte TSV-Beauty bash 4/6/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

COOPER

Registered Shopper
Hi,

I can't find this on the beauty bash thread, but think I've read it somewhere. Did anyone attending the beauty bash see what is in the next Tarte TSV, and how much it is?
I love their airbrush powder foundation and would like to try more of the range, especially the matte lip tint. There is a 15 piece blockbuster collection on line for £52 which looks good, but I'd hang on for the TSV if it is better value and depending what's in it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The palette looks gorgeous! I don't think, if I bought it, I would ever be able to bring myself to spoil its pristine beauty by using it...

I just can't wait til June for this. I fell in love at the BB. Soooo long to wait!

They come round so rarely! Other brands seem to have a TSV almost every month. It does look gorgeous.

I think it looks good to.
I have just ordered the new contour palette and the duo of new foundation with the concealer stick, which I think will go to air today

Tarte bring different colour versions of that palette out. It actually looks like the one from last summer colour wise(I do not mind that as I loved the colours), the other one I have seen is cooler tones mauves,plums and pinks.

The eye shadow palettes Tarte bring to QVC UK are mostly neutrals; they may differ slightly but I'm trying to resist buying large compacts with colours that duplicate ones I already own. Eye shadow palettes: I love them and want them, but rarely use more than 1 or 2 shadows together so I'd be better buying singles, or using up the ones I own. I completely understand those posters who buy palettes, look at them but don't want to spoil them by using! We're a make up marketing dream!

Another failing I've noted in myself is that I'm drawn to colour sets (sets of nail polish colours always catch my eye when most of the time I only wear one colour at a time and I probably own every colour already). So I've found sorting out my polishes to match those in a TSV helps me resist (this definitely works with OPI and Nails Inc as they repeat colours under new names - NI repeat names for new colours too!)

Having said all this I'll no doubt order the June Tarte TSV and the Leighton Denny auto delivery TSV...because I'm all talk and will weaken! :tongue:

I adore eyeshadow palettes too. I go for neutrals and Taupes. I love the Doll10 one (enormous sizes), Mally eyeshadow pallets and the recent Laura Geller nude one. I sent back the Tarte ones I had and gave the one from the TSV to my mum (she loves it). However I like the look of the quad in the beauty in the basics collection, so I ordered that. I don't like e yeshadows with plum, pinks and mauve shades in and Tarte do a lot of these shades in their P allettes unfortunately. It's a shame as I think these shades spoil what would otherwise be a good set. Laura Geller is guilty of this too, which is why I ordered the nude pallet as it was pink and plum-free.

The eye shadow palettes Tarte bring to QVC UK are mostly neutrals; they may differ slightly but I'm trying to resist buying large compacts with colours that duplicate ones I already own. Eye shadow palettes: I love them and want them, but rarely use more than 1 or 2 shadows together so I'd be better buying singles, or using up the ones I own. I completely understand those posters who buy palettes, look at them but don't want to spoil them by using! We're a make up marketing dream!

Another failing I've noted in myself is that I'm drawn to colour sets (sets of nail polish colours always catch my eye when most of the time I only wear one colour at a time and I probably own every colour already). So I've found sorting out my polishes to match those in a TSV helps me resist (this definitely works with OPI and Nails Inc as they repeat colours under new names - NI repeat names for new colours too!)

Having said all this I'll no doubt order the June Tarte TSV and the Leighton Denny auto delivery TSV...because I'm all talk and will weaken! :tongue:

I agree with you re the palettes. I own a few already and told myself this year I would be stricter with myself. But saying that this TSV is due in June and I may have finished some shadows by then and if the price is excellent value I will be tempted.

I am also the same as you re nail colour. It would have to be something really unusual for me not to have a similar colour to for me to buy anymore. Have been sorting through my nail colours today and there are so many that came from QVC TSV kits that I just don't reach for.

I think it looks good to.
I have just ordered the new contour palette and the duo of new foundation with the concealer stick, which I think will go to air today

I think I'm going to have to get the contour palette too. I can just imagine really enjoying having a play with it and that gorgeous brush.

On the whole I find the US presentation style calmer and easier to watch; nothing like the American infomercials we see over here "But wait! Buy now and we'll double ..." you know the kind of thing.

I've watched Laura Geller and even Mally and the tone is more professional; I just don't understand why our QVC presenters are so poor by comparison. Did anyone see Alison Young broadcasting from QVC US a couple of years ago? The US presenters just didn't "get" what she was saying or why she was hysterically requesting a golf cart to get to another studio. It was embarrassing!

On the whole I find the US presentation style calmer and easier to watch; nothing like the American infomercials we see over here "But wait! Buy now and we'll double ..." you know the kind of thing.

I've watched Laura Geller and even Mally and the tone is more professional; I just don't understand why our QVC presenters are so poor by comparison. Did anyone see Alison Young broadcasting from QVC US a couple of years ago? The US presenters just didn't "get" what she was saying or why she was hysterically requesting a golf cart to get to another studio. It was embarrassing!

I think that was a typical case of the language divide between us and our American cousins. They rarely get UK sense of humour, because they are apt to take it at face value... And let's face it, Ali was aiming her comments for a UK audience where her sense of humour is normally well understood (if not always liked). I saw it and I got that she was alluding to how humungous their studios are when asking for a golf cart.

I like Leigh, she seems to know the brand and products well and speaks calmly, doesn't talk over others all the time or shriek or anything like that. She has a nice voice as well.
On another note she's a very slim and attractive lady with beautiful hair but ****** hell, the amount of fake tan she wears! I thought it was a bit much on telly but in real life it's like she's actually been marinading in creosote.

Latest posts

Back