Tarte TSV-Beauty bash 4/6/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Leigh, she seems to know the brand and products well and speaks calmly, doesn't talk over others all the time or shriek or anything like that. She has a nice voice as well.
On another note she's a very slim and attractive lady with beautiful hair but ****** hell, the amount of fake tan she wears! I thought it was a bit much on telly but in real life it's like she's actually been marinading in creosote.

I know she speaks calmly, but I find her robotic. She has a machinegun delivery, and a strangely immobile face. I don't ever recall her smiling, which makes me wonder if she can.

My Energy Clay Noir palette arrived today. Love it the colours are not as dark as they looked in the video.

I've had mine for a while as I bought it in America,the colours are lovely and it's always the palette I take with me when travelling.

I adore eyeshadow palettes too. I go for neutrals and Taupes. I love the Doll10 one (enormous sizes), Mally eyeshadow pallets and the recent Laura Geller nude one. I sent back the Tarte ones I had and gave the one from the TSV to my mum (she loves it). However I like the look of the quad in the beauty in the basics collection, so I ordered that. I don't like e yeshadows with plum, pinks and mauve shades in and Tarte do a lot of these shades in their P allettes unfortunately. It's a shame as I think these shades spoil what would otherwise be a good set. Laura Geller is guilty of this too, which is why I ordered the nude pallet as it was pink and plum-free.
u

Is it this one. http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-6-Piece-....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-212129

I like the look of this. Let me know what you think please when you get it.

u

Is it this one. http://www.qvcuk.com/tarte-6-Piece-Beauty-in-the-Basics-Collection.product.212129.html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-212129

I like the look of this. Let me know what you think please when you get it.

Yes that's the one Twinkle. It is gorgeous. The eyeshadow are beautiful and really good size. The brush is massive- and of the usual amazing quality Tarte brushes are known for. The foundation balm is also lovely. It may be a bit dark for me but I am not too worried as my mum can have it. I bought the set for the other items anyway. I will wear the foundation tomorrow in daylight to test it out. No need to cake it on all over the face, it is more of an apply-where -needed with your fingers for a dewy finish type of foundation. I adore the lipstick shade. It is one I would be drawn to normally. Not tried the eyeliner but it is a dark brown and this is the shade I normally use. The mascara is a good one, using an old one at the moment and it rivals my usual Mally mascara. Wish they would change the silly packaging though but ot's what's inside that counts. Overall a set worth buying.

Yes that's the one Twinkle. It is gorgeous. The eyeshadow are beautiful and really good size. The brush is massive- and of the usual amazing quality Tarte brushes are known for. The foundation balm is also lovely. It may be a bit dark for me but I am not too worried as my mum can have it. I bought the set for the other items anyway. I will wear the foundation tomorrow in daylight to test it out. No need to cake it on all over the face, it is more of an apply-where -needed with your fingers for a dewy finish type of foundation. I adore the lipstick shade. It is one I would be drawn to normally. Not tried the eyeliner but it is a dark brown and this is the shade I normally use. The mascara is a good one, using an old one at the moment and it rivals my usual Mally mascara. Wish they would change the silly packaging though but ot's what's inside that counts. Overall a set worth buying.
Thank you for that. Which colour foundation did you get? Thats what is putting me off buying really. Im med heige in BM and medium in Doll 10

So do you think medium will be ok for me then?

Hard to say If you have more yellow tones in your skin then try light-medium. If more pink/neutral then medium. Light medium is a bit too dark for me, but it might be ok for you :)

I have this weekend left a rather unfavourable review on QVC about the Tarte Coloured Clay Foundation. I love the product, love the texture, colour and durability but am seriously miffed at the packaging. The product is contained in a tub beneath a piece of net in the centre of the packaging. You shake the product and then dab at it through the net with the brush provided. On Sunday I seemingly got to the end of hte product as nothing was coming through the net. Got my very strong husband to prize the inner pot out with a sharp knife to find rather a large pool of product underneath which would I would not have been able to get at if it had not been prized open. I hate waste like this. You can bet that my reivew will not be read out on air though.,

There is the chance they will not publish your review. Unfortunately as that sounds like a lot wasted. I speak as someone who cuts tubes open and gets an extra week out of products.:mysmilie_59:

Thanks for the heads up VALM. I have this foundation and now I know to do what you did when I think it's empty.

I shake mine up and down and the foundation is then redistributed and easily picked up by the brush.

There is the chance they will not publish your review. Unfortunately as that sounds like a lot wasted. I speak as someone who cuts tubes open and gets an extra week out of products.:mysmilie_59:

Yes, I can't bear waste. If a tube/bottle can be cut open it will be. Have even started removing stoppers from lip gloss containers. Do regularly depot products too.

Have had a message saying my review has been posted and been on the QVC site to check.

I also cut open bottles/ tubes to try and get everything out.
It's amazing how much product gets left in tubes - I even cut open my cats malt paste tubes to get it all out, gets a bit messy, but nothing a bit of soap and water won't sort out. My dear little boys (2 X very fluffy cats) sit at my feet at bedtime ready for their medicine of malt paste, they sit patiently whilst I cut the tube open and so they can lick it off my fingers.
:mysmilie_515::mysmilie_515:

Latest posts

Back