Gemporia USA Closing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really? This is a surprise, as IMO Gems have always implied that the American market is very strong and everything selling well. I absolutely agree with you it does not seem to bode well, have they overstretched themselves, taking on far too many new ventures over the past couple of years? I bet there are a few people worried for their jobs. Having been a customer of both Gems and TJC, one of the things I've noticed is that TJC send me e-mails with money-off codes almost daily, whereas Gems rarely do (although they do have money off codes shown on the website about once or twice a week) and the Gems discounts are not usually as good as TJC. And I've ordered a lot more from Gems than TJC. Funnily enough, I was only talking about this with a friend today - and then I came in and saw your e-mail!

First Steve sells off Jewellery Maker and now he's closing down the USA channel.

What next...

:confused:

Last edited:
How did you find out about this?
I watch both the UK and US channel when I can't sleep I don't very often buy anything though.
I would miss them both if they closed down.
It is nice to know that I am not the only person awake in the middle of the night. I used to watch Q but they no longer broadcast through the night well they do but it is always a repeat of the TSV launch hour.

I haven't shopped with Gems for must be 9-10 years. Within the last 6 months I have been getting emails offering 20% off etc. Haven't bought cannot even remember my password, I did click send email with it, but got an error message.

First Steve sells off Jewellery Maker and now he's closing down the USA channel.

What next...

:confused:

Where did you see this? All Gemporia have said is they are changing the way they broadcast to the USA with new graphics.

I've not heard anything about this, but I do wonder what happened to the Diamond Room. Drew left The Lounge to work there and it came on air for a few days, but now seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know what happened to it?

jacqualina, I was wondering about this. I only saw it on there for about an hour one day - and the next day it had disappeared! I thought that maybe it was only shown on a couple of days a week or something, but it appears something's happened and they've pulled it (temporarily or what??). I've looked on their website, but not seen any explanation for it (I don't do facebook or twitter - there may be something on there?).
I've not heard anything about this, but I do wonder what happened to the Diamond Room. Drew left The Lounge to work there and it came on air for a few days, but now seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Looks like relaunch of Gemporia, today, is them having just one channel, no longer a separate US channel. The Diamond Room is launching soon too.

Latest posts

Back