Jobseeking/Recruitment Event with Mikey Boi

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Mikey was on there tonight, giving us the benefit of his wisdom when it comes to preparing your CV and seeking employment. Well, of course this comes from the master, doesn't it? Worked for Bid (nuff said), rude to co-presenters (especially when they are more talented/funnier than he is), etc. etc. Suddenly, from peddling products on this channel (who market all of about 3 products, rotated with monotonous regularity, on air) he's an employment adviser giving us the benefit of his experience and how to be a team player??

Last edited:
Did he tell people how to choose the right career path? Because he did didn't he, worked on Bid, left then never heard from him, then he somehow ended up at Bid again, they went bust, then for some reason he must've had something on IW for them to employ him, above all else, he picked a career were no one can stand to listen or look at him, good face for radio but not the voice............phew! hope they got all that. :mysmilie_17:

I'm sorry I missed that programme (not). I have been out of work recently (although luckily long term temping at the moment). I may have picked up some tips on how to talk proper in interviews like wot he does!

I wouldn't take job seeking advice from the Mockney Nob any more than I would hospitality lessons from Katie Hopkins....

I couldn't listen to careers advice from GOLLUM.

But I would listen to advice from Ideal World's experts, it's their career.

And then i'd seek advice from an expert :mysmilie_59:

Exactly right! These people have no self-awareness or shame, have they? That self-satisfied smirk as he sat there giving people advice really irritated me - silly of me, I know, but he's a fine one to talk about projecting yourself to an employer, isn't he - sexist rants, 1970's "humour" and all! I don't think he's exactly the answer to an employer's prayers, probably most jobseekers could leave him standing.
Did he tell people how to choose the right career path? Because he did didn't he, worked on Bid, left then never heard from him, then he somehow ended up at Bid again, they went bust, then for some reason he must've had something on IW for them to employ him, above all else, he picked a career were no one can stand to listen or look at him, good face for radio but not the voice............phew! hope they got all that. :mysmilie_17:

More likely you could have given him advice I'd say, Muttley. I could have chucked something through the screen at his self-satisfied smirk when he was prattling on about "your CV". What is it they say about not making your CV more than 2 pages - his must be about 250 pages and counting.
I'm sorry I missed that programme (not). I have been out of work recently (although luckily long term temping at the moment). I may have picked up some tips on how to talk proper in interviews like wot he does!

Can you imagine what the Job people think when they know the Cheeky Chirpy Cockerny is presenting their show?
I bet it's like "Please don't let it be him, please don't let it be him, please don't let it be him!"

Just sayin! :mysmilie_17:

Can you imagine what the Job people think when they know the Cheeky Chirpy Cockerny is presenting their show?
I bet it's like "Please don't let it be him, please don't let it be him, please don't let it be him!"

Just sayin! :mysmilie_17:

Was it a Recruitment Agency?

If so i'd say GOLLUM is perfect, they tend to be just a brash and pushy as Timeshare, Double Glazing and Utility Company Sales People.

Hideous :mysmilie_59:

More likely you could have given him advice I'd say, Muttley. I could have chucked something through the screen at his self-satisfied smirk when he was prattling on about "your CV". What is it they say about not making your CV more than 2 pages - his must be about 250 pages and counting.

At least I could given him some advice as to talking much less common like wot I do (actually maybe I need some more elocution lessons!)

Would you take employment advice from this man? However much I think about it, the answer always comes back the same........NO!!
At least I could given him some advice as to talking much less common like wot I do (actually maybe I need some more elocution lessons!)

In a year or 2 most of the staff and presenters will be heading for the job center, by the way they are carrying on (allegedly) .

Yes, but look on the bright side.....at least Gollum will have taught us all the importance of preparing our own CV before he disappears in the direction of the Jobcentre, followed by an HGV lorry, which will be needed to carry his own CV due to the variety of different employments he's had, and the amount of "expert knowledge" he has acquired. And, of course, he will be able to put the Jobcentre advisers right in doing their job...:giggle:
In a year or 2 most of the staff and presenters will be heading for the job center, by the way they are carrying on (allegedly) .

Yes, but look on the bright side.....at least Gollum will have taught us all the importance of preparing our own CV before he disappears in the direction of the Jobcentre, followed by an HGV lorry, which will be needed to carry his own CV due to the variety of different employments he's had, and the amount of "expert knowledge" he has acquired. And, of course, he will be able to put the Jobcentre advisers right in doing their job...:giggle:

He's had plenty of jobs but one he doesn't appear to like being mentioned is QUIZ CALL. Once again, that's

QUIZ CALL :mysmilie_19:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OxLUsAhekyw

For balance QVC's Craig Rowe was also on it (you know, Craig, the one who 'won' the competition to become a QVC presenter).

Lovely, I'm from the West Country, I'm your best friend, Craig. His phoney, sugary sweet, possibly deliberate, slightly effeminate act makes me feel nauseous :puke:

Just looking at your quote there Mutters - It's almost correct, but should have read "Like wot I duz". Hope that's clear. There may be pronunciation questions later!! :mysmilie_17:

Employer's often advise 'try to be yourself' at interview. Gollum would struggle with this, as even he doesn't know who he is any longer. A second-rate Ray Winstone? A good old cockerney laaaaaaad trying to come good with a love of 'fine wine and classical music'? Fundamentally unemployable?

Latest posts

Back