Jobseeking/Recruitment Event with Mikey Boi

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just looking at your quote there Mutters - It's almost correct, but should have read "Like wot I duz". Hope that's clear. There may be pronunciation questions later!! :mysmilie_17:

I'm accept the criticism of my grammar and am writing out 100 lines of "ike wot I duz". (Well, actually, I'm am typing them out, using the copy and paste function in Word!) :mysmilie_17:

Apparently he was slating the cast of a West End Play that he and his puppet mistress went to see recently. He was supposedly, very vocally, questioning their talent. I kid you not.

This was while he, Mike Mason, who's known only for appearing at Pontin's, being part of, twice, the morally bankrupt (in fact bankrupt full stop) Bid and being part of the insidious racket that was Quiz Call.

And he offered this harsh critique of West End Performers while selling crap, on Ideal World. The Television equivalent of Westler's Canned Hamburgers.

Irony is clearly lost on this imbecile :mysmilie_59:

westlers.jpg

I don't think the majority of what IW sell is crap, I do however think the presenters with their waxing lyrical (or the perv or the baldy dumb ass) make them seem that way, such a shame. Gollums voice makes my teeth itch and the dirty old fart that is Peter Simon makes my skin crawl with his sexual innuendos, the big mystery is why IW allow it.

I don't think the majority of what IW sell is crap, I do however think the presenters with their waxing lyrical (or the perv or the baldy dumb ass) make them seem that way, such a shame. Gollums voice makes my teeth itch and the dirty old fart that is Peter Simon makes my skin crawl with his sexual innuendos, the big mystery is why IW allow it.

I agree that it is the manner in which many items are demonstrated and or sold by the presenters and their guests which cheapens and devalues many of their products. Unfortunately you can only conclude that it was a considered business decision by IW to employ ex-Bid presenters for their team for exactly the kind of behaviour they exhibit on screen. We may be angered and repulsed, but I'm sure many tune in to see "how low can they go" and therefore offer more opportunities for IW to sell.

As with QVC, I think what is a turn-off for forum members is a turn-on for the new-to-selly-telly crowd... in other words, I suspect we are the ones out of step.

I agree that it is the manner in which many items are demonstrated and or sold by the presenters and their guests which cheapens and devalues many of their products. Unfortunately you can only conclude that it was a considered business decision by IW to employ ex-Bid presenters for their team for exactly the kind of behaviour they exhibit on screen. We may be angered and repulsed, but I'm sure many tune in to see "how low can they go" and therefore offer more opportunities for IW to sell.

As with QVC, I think what is a turn-off for forum members is a turn-on for the new-to-selly-telly crowd... in other words, I suspect we are the ones out of step.

You could be right, it might be us that aren't keeping up with the times!

But in fairness to the ex-Bid lot it isn't just them that are jaw droppingly grotesque for me (although I do find every single one of them to be so).

Howard Griffiths' constant, tedious, totally superfluous drivel is as inappropriate as it is inexplicable. Genevieve's overall demeanour is that of a wailing banshee, sometimes I wonder if she's been possessed.

But never, ever, in my opinion, have I seen anything quite so obscene on Selly Telly as Shaun Ryan's performance when selling a Mobility Scooter recently. I found it so gross I cannot bring myself to provide specifics.

It made me feel sick, and angry :mysmilie_59:

But in fairness to the ex-Bid lot it isn't just them that are jaw droppingly grotesque for me (although I do find every single one of them to be so).

Howard Griffiths' constant, tedious, totally superfluous drivel is as inappropriate as it is inexplicable. Genevieve's overall demeanour is that of a wailing banshee, sometimes I wonder if she's been possessed.

But never, ever, in my opinion, have I seen anything quite so obscene on Selly Telly as Shaun Ryan's performance when selling a Mobility Scooter recently. I found it so gross I cannot bring myself to provide specifics.

Couldn't agree more with this. I'm surprised he didn't offer to trade the viewers' blue badges in for a Ideal World Extras membership 'because you'll get so much more value for it'. Scummy, scummy 'man'.

Yes, I take your point... it's not only the ex-Bid crew that have sunk to the lowest of the low in order to garner sales. For the main part, though, the antics of the ex-Bidders have allowed some of the originals to hide in the shadows.

I didn't watch the mobility scooter show, and from what I gather, that's probably for the best...

Basically most of the tick-list of not-so-bad presenters is getting shorter: the best presenters have either moved to C&C (voluntarily or not) or have subsequently decamped to one of the new Crafting channels.

Apparently he was slating the cast of a West End Play that he and his puppet mistress went to see recently. He was supposedly, very vocally, questioning their talent. I kid you not.

This was while he, Mike Mason, who's known only for appearing at Pontin's, being part of, twice, the morally bankrupt (in fact bankrupt full stop) Bid and being part of the insidious racket that was Quiz Call.

And he offered this harsh critique of West End Performers while selling crap, on Ideal World. The Television equivalent of Westler's Canned Hamburgers.

View attachment 11165

Speaking as someone who has seen a large amount of West End shows over the years (I use the money I would spend on shopping channels), Mr. Mikey Boi Mason wouldn't recognise talent if it came up and bit him in the orchestra stalls...

He is on at the moment flogging hoses that have been getting shocking reviews as not being fit for purpose but no doubt people will still buy in there thousands it never fails to amuse me at the cArp being talked.

He is on at the moment flogging hoses that have been getting shocking reviews as not being fit for purpose but no doubt people will still buy in there thousands it never fails to amuse me at the cArp being talked.

Every person I know who has used these types of hose say exactly the same thing, in order for it to extend to the advertised length you'd have to have water pressure similar to that of an Icelandic Geyser.

That aside the online reviews for these products are, as you say, mostly dire. Interestingly there are no reviews on ideal world.tv, not one. But that'll no doubt be because it's a new 'all improved' model :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11165

Let’s not forget that this man has considerable experience in the theatre, and is well placed to critique the quality of West End productions...11058311_810003412402576_6628769205052926269_n.jpg
And for further evidence of his acting ability (if such were needed) I would refer you to his highly acclaimed role as an Ideal World cowboy, a role he assumed with consummate ease...10620737_699814730088112_2782385898437078010_n.jpg

Like myself, you'll probably need to look at the picture a couple of times before you realise he isn't actually on a horse...now that's what I call acting.

Let’s not forget that this man has considerable experience in the theatre, and is well placed to critique the quality of West End productions...View attachment 11172
And for further evidence of his acting ability (if such were needed) I would refer you to his highly acclaimed role as an Ideal World cowboy, a role he assumed with consummate ease...View attachment 11173

Like myself, you'll probably need to look at the picture a couple of times before you realise he isn't actually on a horse...now that's what I call acting.

I must offer GOLLUM a sincere apology. I didn't realise he'd reached the heights of appearing at the Pavillion Theatre in Worthing.

But of course being around horses, be it really or virtually, is second nature to GOLLUM. His GODDESS is known for taking in tired old nags in their declining years but she's particularly noted for the charity she gives to lame, finished old cart horses that nobody else wants.

Even the glue factory declined :mysmilie_59:

Mikey boy looks as if he provides a strippergram service to entertain the elderly.

Mikey boy looks as if he provides a strippergram service to entertain the elderly.

If he’s looking for some honest feedback for ‘The Mike Mason Experience’, he could do a lot worse than consult with one of his colleagues. The particular gentleman I’m thinking about is known for his love of risqué entertainment and prides himself on ‘telling it like it is’. He also knows a thing or two about older ladies and relieving them of their money.

His opinion would be indispensable in assessing the likely success of a new strippergram service for the elderly (although he might need to see more than one dance before he finally reached his verdict):wink:

Latest posts

Back