Ideal World - LIARS!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Regular viewers might recall that very recently Ideal World offered the Kitchen M8 Cooker for £29.99 which was half price.

However, throughout the period of the offer we were absolutely assured, in no uncertain terms, that once the deal finished it would revert to £59.99 and would NEVER be sold at the sale price again. They even went so far as to say that they had emails from the buyers confirming it's the last time it will EVER be sold for £29.99 and, when the sale ended, the price did indeed revert to £59.99. I have been checking this item as their over the top assurances instantly made me suspicious.

Now, look at the price it's available for on the website today. It's £29.99, as I always expected it to be.

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/kitchen-m8-all-in-one-cooker-333733?fh_location=//idealworld/en_gb/categories@lt;%7B11750%7D/categories@lt;%7B11777%7D/categories@lt;%7B11979%7D

Not the first time this has happened

Exactly the same happened with Mike Mason and the X Hose last Summer he stated the same item would not appear as they were not being re purchased by Ideal.

3 weeks later it did at a pound lower very surpisingly the Asa rejected the complaint on "entertainment grounds"!

Not the first time this has happened

Exactly the same happened with Mike Mason and the X Hose last Summer he stated the same item would not appear as they were not being re purchased by Ideal.

3 weeks later it did at a pound lower very surpisingly the Asa rejected the complaint on "entertainment grounds"!

They are so dishonest, it's an appalling tactic that is surely to pressurise people into buying.

This is an even worse schlocky outfit than I thought, disgraceful.

I challenged this thinking i had maybe not made it clear enough with my original complaint.

The response was even more strange in short the director admitted he had told the presenter to say it with no knowledge or whether what he was saying was true or not true.

I challenged this thinking i had maybe not made it clear enough with my original complaint.

The response was even more strange in short the director admitted he had told the presenter to say it with no knowledge or whether what he was saying was true or not true.

During every presentation each presenter reaffirmed they had received an email confirming it was the last time it would ever be sold at this price, I thought they might pull a trick and sell it in future for slightly less but it's exactly the same as the supposed sale price of £29.99!

During every presentation each presenter reaffirmed they had received an email confirming it was the last time it would ever be sold at this price, I thought they might pull a trick and sell it in future for slightly less but it's exactly the same as the supposed sale price of £29.99!

Can only think they know for whatever reason the ASA are not interested in this type of "selling".

Dodgy beggars! I can get that cooker in town for £20!

I'm keeping my eye on the 5:2 diet. It's supposedly never coming back, ever, and Joanne said to stock up, like she had, for a year! Well it's on the website, so it hasn't gone yet then? Or has it sneaked in the back door?

Dodgy beggars! I can get that cooker in town for £20!

I'm keeping my eye on the 5:2 diet. It's supposedly never coming back, ever, and Joanne said to stock up, like she had, for a year! Well it's on the website, so it hasn't gone yet then? Or has it sneaked in the back door?

Outrageous. They are really coming across as shady, I never thought I'd say that about Ideal World.

It's not on, it's really unfair and must be challenged and it will be.

These surely cannot be the sales practices of a thriving company, no way :mysmilie_59:

Can anyone tell me what is the point of an organisation like ASA? If a blatant fib has been told and there is evidence to back up the complaint, how can they possibly say it is justifiable on "entertainment grounds"? So does this mean these presenters can say whatever they like, and it gets excused on the grounds of being "entertainment"? They are a joke, and if public money goes into keeping them going, there should be an immediately plug pulled.
They are so dishonest, it's an appalling tactic that is surely to pressurise people into buying.

This is an even worse schlocky outfit than I thought, disgraceful.

I'm surprised a tv channel whose sole purpose is selling goods to viewers is classed as entertainment by anyone - each hour of programming is an advertisement, the inserts between each hour are adverts... when they are off air, they broadcast adverts... or gambling (which is also not, in my opinion, entertainment). Same goes for any of the selly telly channels. Their sole reason for existence is to sell, not to entertain. If they entertain as a by-product that's great, but it's not the business any of them are in.

If ASA took the same view on the other ads which people complain about - that it's all entertainment... it's a miracle any complaint gets upheld.

The ironic thing is being 100% honest..............................sorry to disagree but for me IW and in the past BidTV were entertainment.

I mean for example when I had/have a crap day I would have/will stick on BidTV/IW in the background and realise how lucky I am in life that, 1, I dont have to act like the presenters do to "earn" (I use the term lightly with that lot) a crust, 2, I dont have to be fake in life to get my point and values across.

For as much as I totally disagree with the presenters ways and policies, and IW tactics in general it is car crash entertaing TV for me.

The presenters really do get away with saying whatever they like we know that and the presenters know that...........and once again the truth wouldnt be geting told if the presenters didnt agree with that comment, but what gets me is when we comment on the truth of what we watch, oh dear how the presenters really cant stand that one little bit, its so so true in the end the truth does hurt when .......... we the normal HONEST punter call the presenters out for it.

Remember just a few short years ago when BidTV went to the wall, It was the world and its aunt and the shoppingtelly forums memebrs who were at fault, but not ever was it anything at all to do with the poor ex BidTV presenters:heart::yawn:

I guess most of shopping channels sail close to the wind from time to time thankfully there are vigilant people like our selfs who can spot things its the people who seem to buy without thinking they rely on.

Good post SCO

I dont watch QVC very often but i did catch a jewellery show last night with "Welsh" Gold. The presenter made various remarks about how rare it was and it seemed way overpriced.

I also see got attention in the qvc forum, it was not as shouty or obvious as something bid or ideal would do but i still didnt like it, i doubt the asa will either

Neither did these posters it seems

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?51663-Catherine-H-amp-her-Welshness

Good post SCO

I dont watch QVC very often but i did catch a jewellery show last night with "Welsh" Gold. The presenter made various remarks about how rare it was and it seemed way overpriced.

I also see got attention in the qvc forum, it was not as shouty or obvious as something bid or ideal would do but i still didnt like it, i doubt the asa will either

Neither did these posters it seems

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?51663-Catherine-H-amp-her-Welshness

It is, for me, eyewateringly overpriced and laughably romanticised but in some of the trailers, and on the website, they are pretty clear that each piece only contains a very small amount of Welsh Gold due to its 'scarcity' and to maintain 'supplies and keep prices affordable' ha ha! What they say, or more likely don't say, on air is another matter but having to listen to that wretched, simpering Chuntley creature speak Welsh is excruciating :mysmilie_13:

But what's particularly special about Welsh Gold is beyond me. I thought gold was gold, and if it's used in Royal Wedding Rings the I'd steer clear, their track record in marital joyo is slim, boyo :mysmilie_59:

Ideal World is therapy for me.

No matter how sh*t my life can sometimes be, at least I haven't ended up flogging off cheap perfume, Nutribullets and X-hoses with other has-been presenters on selly telly! :mysmilie_13:

Ideal World is therapy for me.

No matter how sh*t my life can sometimes be, at least I haven't ended up flogging off cheap perfume, Nutribullets and X-hoses with other has-been presenters on selly telly! :mysmilie_13:

You have summed it up beautifully. Couldn't have put it better myself!

I equate this with the scams people get sent with claims that they have won millions on a Spanish Lottery. Those who are intelligent enough will see right through it and bin it. But those who are not quite so switched on are the true targets of these.

Likewise, members of this forum are switched on to Shopping TV just because they are members. When you are a random member of the public just stumbling upon the channel, you know no different.

I equate this with the scams people get sent with claims that they have won millions on a Spanish Lottery. Those who are intelligent enough will see right through it and bin it. But those who are not quite so switched on are the true targets of these.

Likewise, members of this forum are switched on to Shopping TV just because they are members. When you are a random member of the public just stumbling upon the channel, you know no different.

This is an interesting point. I read a letter in the financial page of a newspaper today of somebody who had received some post inviting him/her to play the Spanish lottery. The person sent £10 and never heard anything. They asked "is it a scam". I was (in my head 'cos I was in the canteen at work) screaming "how could you be so stupid". I know it was only £10 thankfully in this case but you read of middle aged people (who should be old enough to know better) getting conned out of thousands in scams.

Maybe it is just me. I have a general cynicism about stuff like this. I watch stuff like Watchdog where they expose conmen and try to be switched on in life

This is an interesting point. I read a letter in the financial page of a newspaper today of somebody who had received some post inviting him/her to play the Spanish lottery. The person sent £10 and never heard anything. They asked "is it a scam". I was (in my head 'cos I was in the canteen at work) screaming "how could you be so stupid". I know it was only £10 thankfully in this case but you read of middle aged people (who should be old enough to know better) getting conned out of thousands in scams.

Maybe it is just me. I have a general cynicism about stuff like this. I watch stuff like Watchdog where they expose conmen and try to be switched on in life

They don't need some mug to send them their life savings to make a sizeable haul. Just enough people foolish enough to send £10. They don't hear anything, but don't raise the alarm... so the scam continues. They send out these mailshots to thousands of people each time, so a nice little earner for very little cost on their part, and they've been given some credance because from time to time the news may feature winners of "El Gordo" for example, so it looks quite legitimate.

Latest posts

Back