IW buyers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I get the impression that if there is any sign that it takes off, then skinn will jump to qvc (to be on all the time, compared to ipads) as quickly as possible... like a few other brands.

Apparently the two companies were interested and they went with IW from what I read, so I'm hoping not. We all know what happens when brands jump ship to QVC, inflated prices.

At present QVC seem to be going after British beauty blogger favourites. I'm not aware that among British beauty bloggers Skinn gets much of a name check. I don't really look at US beauty bloggers.

I am not sure what methodology IW are using to identify and recruit new brands... but beauty isn't the be-all and end-all that it is for QVC... instead it appears to be exercise contraptions.

by law, yes I said by LAW ('who is this guy, he's like a dictator!!' you say) shopping channels should need to display a small graphic on-screen at all times during a live show, representing call centre and website ordering activity. Not actual numbers or anything specific (I'll cut them 'some' slack) but a moving line or something that goes up and down in direct correlation to call centre and website ordering live. The system should be independently verified to ensure accuracy and no 'fiddling.'

that way, when they come out with their 'the website has just gone CRAZY' and 'long waits on the phone folks!' we could see a graphical representation to back this up.

all this 'we can't just make it up you know' rhetoric must be taken with a HUGE pinch of salt. Yes they'll do what they have to to stay within various broadcasting guidelines but, given they are there to sell, you're not telling me the truth isn't stretched. Therefore, we need proof ;)

At present QVC seem to be going after British beauty blogger favourites. I'm not aware that among British beauty bloggers Skinn gets much of a name check. I don't really look at US beauty bloggers.

I am not sure what methodology IW are using to identify and recruit new brands... but beauty isn't the be-all and end-all that it is for QVC... instead it appears to be exercise contraptions.

QVC USA call the shots at the end of the day, after all QVC UK is their company. Skinn was a great catch for IW, just hope he brings a fraction of his range over here or IW buy it, whatever the case............I want them :mysmilie_14: https://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pages/productresults?nav=N:100038-100509&ic=BE_FLY_130906_Skinn

Just adding that the prices are better on IW.

Last edited:
Well I think after the phenomenal success of the `Nicole Empire Dress` the buyers have got the Nicole brand to do the style in tops with a variety of hemlines Personally I don`t think its a `good thing but overkill making life easy for the `buyers` !!` My request is that they get some tops with normal hems and more fitted that don`t look like maternity wear then everyone is catered for There is an overload of shark bite dipped hem high low loose gathered bodies!!.. I`m sure I can`t be in the minority ...just like they do a choice of colours in the same style why not give us a choice of more fitted and normal hemlines!! Not impossible as it can`t be as time consuming for the seamstress or as expensive !! And dresses that cover the knees too !! I remember when Reflections did normal tee shirt styles with a choice of necklines, colours and patterns!! Surely its not too much to ask!!

Latest posts

Back