Peter Simon speaks for the dead

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last night I watched a bit of the Acer tablet show with Janice. To be fair she was being as pro as possible when working with Peter. Peter was spanking floor staff and I quote "that's the first time a pussy has spoken to me" after an app of a cat spoke to him. Ideal seems to be going down the pan.

I am as bad as anyone for taking the P, sometimes mercilessly, out of Ideal World. It's mostly pithy, silly and observational (and perhaps sometimes even exaggeratedly!).

But I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that the TomTom programme was unlike anything I have ever seen on Shopping Telly and I have been watching for more years than I care to mention. I do believe it really was totally unsuitable and inappropriate for a Shopping Channel. I'm actually minded to do something about it, perhaps provide the TomTom Marketing Team with sight of how their excellent products are being sold.

I know i've ribbed Janice too but I felt for her last night. That man behaves as if he's intoxicated, he looks demented. If this company feel that slurring and obscene language is what is expected from the once reputable, serious but fun Ideal World then they can get stuffed.

Obscene is fine, on Channel 4, after 10pm when Jimmy Carr is on. You expect it and I think it can be funny, and I sometimes find him really funny too. Peter Simon certainly isn't funny, he's downright worrying but why a shopping channel is trying, and failing, to be funny is inexplicable. :down:

It would appear that the lunatics (presenters) have taken over the asylum. Peter Simon is the most obvious example, but a certain grubbiness and absurdity characterises the whole channel.

Take Big Brodders ‘Man versus Food’ show which is on twice today. Ideal’s cover story is that he’s there showcasing pans and a halogen oven, but, as any regular viewer will know, the real purpose is to see just how much food he can consume during each presentation. Any sales are purely incidental.
This seems to be the guiding principle with the demonstrations now:mysmilie_503:

Latest posts

Back