Ideal's best comedy show?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

desertranger

Registered Shopper
I see Ideal’s resident vacuum cleaner virtuoso and part-time art expert, Peter Vollebregt, is on tomorrow’s Kinkaide show.

Sporting his serious glasses, and dressed in smart casual attire, he is sure to dazzle the audience with some highly polished rhubarb concerning the artist’s work. We can expect the customary references to the ‘wonderful use of light’, the ‘secret messages in the paintings’, and, always a favourite, the highly anticipated ‘spot the Disney character’ moment.

He will be joined by a man who is known to have one of the world’s biggest Kinkaide collections, a collection which grows with every presentation...I am of course referring to the man with many ‘Kinks’, Peter Simon.

As well as issuing invaluable guidance on insuring your chosen Kinkaide picture, Peter’s main role will be to communicate an enthusiasm for the artist’s work that defies belief. Such is his reverence for the artist, that he will routinely humiliate himself by wearing a ridiculous jacket and bow tie (it's his own unique interpretation of sackcloth and ashes). It’s as though he’s saying, “I’m just not worthy”. He may be right.

It’s going to be a remarkable event:mysmilie_14:

And to mark this auspicious occasion, the audience will come equipped with a handy sick bucket to get through the hour... and earplugs for the sepulchral music which will be playing in the background.

I see Ideal’s resident vacuum cleaner virtuoso and part-time art expert, Peter Vollebregt, is on tomorrow’s Kinkaide show.

Sporting his serious glasses, and dressed in smart casual attire, he is sure to dazzle the audience with some highly polished rhubarb concerning the artist’s work. We can expect the customary references to the ‘wonderful use of light’, the ‘secret messages in the paintings’, and, always a favourite, the highly anticipated ‘spot the Disney character’ moment.

He will be joined by a man who is known to have one of the world’s biggest Kinkaide collections, a collection which grows with every presentation...I am of course referring to the man with many ‘Kinks’, Peter Simon.

As well as issuing invaluable guidance on insuring your chosen Kinkaide picture, Peter’s main role will be to communicate an enthusiasm for the artist’s work that defies belief. Such is his reverence for the artist, that he will routinely humiliate himself by wearing a ridiculous jacket and bow tie (it's his own unique interpretation of sackcloth and ashes). It’s as though he’s saying, “I’m just not worthy”. He may be right.

I'm just waiting for Bid's resident (but self appointed) Art Critic, Lisa 'I worked in an Art Gallery in Newcastle) Brash to appear on Ideal World to offer her insight and commentary on these very important pieces of impressionistic symbolism.

Her ability to interpret the story being told by the Artist was unrivaled. Vision such as 'we charged moo-ah than that in our gallaree just for the frayim' wasn't unusual and 'you must get this val-yood far inshoorance poorpussiz' added gravitas and scope to the proceedings.

Peter Vollebregt? Meh! Stick to Hoovers, you philistine :mysmilie_59:

I can see Peter Simon appearing in the studio with a halo of Worry Anals circling, shining forrh a brilliant light of hope for the world and the universe...

Pope Pete will probably move himself to crocodile tears, such will be the power of the paintings.

For me, it's a toss up between a crochet'ed loo-roll holder and a Kincade print as to which is the tackiest and most kitsch.

The listed item for tonight’s Kinkaide show is a print entitled “Thomas Kinkade Everetts Cottage Limited Edition” (yours for an incredibly reasonable £465).

For some reason, the accompanying picture of Peter Simon made me think of Larry Grayson’s Everard, so I instead read the item as “Everard’s Cottage”...which may be going down a different path entirely.

Continuing with the Everard theme, here is a video with Mr Grayson singing a tribute to his best known creation (imagine it’s Peter Simon singing, and instead of Everard substitute Vollebregt)...

Thanks for the tip-off, desertstranger. Hopefully Our Pete will also tell us how to access Ebay, so that we can add our Kinkys to the ones spotted on there being sold for £5-£6. I can hardly wait to see it, I have 3 boxes of tissues at the ready and some eye lotion, as I'm sure my tears (of laughter) will be endless. "Oh, it's the glow of dawn at the moment of sunrise, when the dark night has fled...and you need to get out your cereal bowl and the cornflakes packet", or something similar, perhaps.....

Pope Pete will probably move himself to crocodile tears, such will be the power of the paintings.

For me, it's a toss up between a crochet'ed loo-roll holder and a Kincade print as to which is the tackiest and most kitsch.

Both should be well at home in the toilet!!

WARNING: The Halogen Oven is tonight's pick of the day And pearl hair remover at ten again. Who's buying this junk ? Save your money and spend it on local shops not crappy channels like this one :mysmilie_51:.

WARNING: The Halogen Oven is tonight's pick of the day And pearl hair remover at ten again. Who's buying this junk ? Save your money and spend it on local shops not crappy channels like this one :mysmilie_51:.

I did shop around Adam and price compare, but IW halogen oven was the best price, there's only me and my husband at home now and don't need our big oven, to be honest I don't give it a thought now because a halogen oven is superb and suits our needs. As for the Pearl unless you're an under active thyroid woman of advancing years, don't knock it! :mysmilie_13:

I did shop around Adam and price compare, but IW halogen oven was the best price, there's only me and my husband at home now and don't need our big oven, to be honest I don't give it a thought now because a halogen oven is superb and suits our needs. As for the Pearl unless you're an under active thyroid woman of advancing years, don't knock it! :mysmilie_13:

Have you seen the nice lady who guests on the Pearl show, I think her name is Kako.

She says she has been 'hair free' for 6 years, I'm not exactly sure what she means though. Does this product permanently stop hair growth?

Have you seen the nice lady who guests on the Pearl show, I think her name is Kako.

She says she has been 'hair free' for 6 years, I'm not exactly sure what she means though. Does this product permanently stop hair growth?

I've epilated for a long time so my legs never seemed to get too hairy, armpits? a different matter, I only have to blink and the hairs grown but since I've used the Pearl, the growth has reduced dramatically, so yeah I think this how I'd describe it, I'd also hate to look like Tom Sellecks twin. :mysmilie_13:

Dirty Peter says that Peter Vol Au Vent 'like me fell in love with Thomas Kinkade 30 years ago'.

How wonderful to have the two Peter's who both seem to have a genuine interest and such impeccable taste.

I really don't want to watch Dirty Peter but this is hysterical, only this channel could have the gall to have their Vacuum Cleaner Expert double up as an Art Aficionado.

They're even playing soothing music, just like Bid did.

Priceless :mysmilie_59:

Erm......Thomas Kincade print?........diamond ring?........Thomas Kincade print?.......diamond ring?........erm, that's a tricky one.

Erm......Thomas Kincade print?........diamond ring?........Thomas Kincade print?.......diamond ring?........erm, that's a tricky one.

Ha Ha :mysmilie_14:

Peter Vol Au Vent says 'we'd all like an idyllic cottage to escape to'.

Dirty Peter would, in fact I fancy he has :mysmilie_59:

Ha Ha :mysmilie_14:

Peter Vol Au Vent says 'we'd all like an idyllic cottage to escape to'.

Dirty Peter would, in fact I fancy he has :mysmilie_59:

More like idiot cottage Vol Au Vent and dirty Peter would have to do timeshare. :mysmilie_14:

It's an eternal description of numptyness ............... the light,,,,,,,,,,, put it on your house insurance............... only one..............of only over a thousand.
I put in a bid for a KINKYCADE on ebay earlier. I thought I may be in with a chance, no watchers, but being realistic, if I am the winner, do you think it would be worth the full offer price of 5p. I think I may be stuck with it if no one else bids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mysmilie_17:

The Pearl looks to be a dupe for the dreaded No!No! When you look at the heads they are pretty much identical to the ones for the No!No!

Mind you, even with La Jacks presenting, it's still not as irritating watching the Pearl presentation as watching a No!No! presentation.

Wirral, surely you can see the connection between being a vacuum cleaner expert and an art expert? No? Well, shame on you, then! :giggle:
Dirty Peter says that Peter Vol Au Vent 'like me fell in love with Thomas Kinkade 30 years ago'.

How wonderful to have the two Peter's who both seem to have a genuine interest and such impeccable taste.

I really don't want to watch Dirty Peter but this is hysterical, only this channel could have the gall to have their Vacuum Cleaner Expert double up as an Art Aficionado.

They're even playing soothing music, just like Bid did.

Priceless :mysmilie_59: