Ideal's best comedy show?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral, surely you can see the connection between being a vacuum cleaner expert and an art expert? No? Well, shame on you, then! :giggle:

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

Having watched a good portion of that bizarre spectacle, and I have to say that surely it's now patently clear that Ideal World is no longer a mainstream Shopping Channel as it used to be, then I now feel comfortable saying this.

Ideal World claim that there is no connection with Bid. I'm finding that increasingly hard to believe but maybe, inexplicably, they just want to look and sound like Bid?

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Why you would wish to imitate a desperate, downmarket and defunct brand and debase your own is beyond me.

But imitating it they most certainly are, and it's car crash. :mysmilie_59:

I just could not help watching and listening to the complete and utter bullshine both of them were talking PS i have this in a hallway and people always comment but what do they say peter what is this load of cArp doing on the wall more likely and the other Peter with his little pointer pointing out a periscope in the thames this TK must have been having a laugh i certainly had.

I just could not help watching and listening to the complete and utter bullshine both of them were talking PS i have this in a hallway and people always comment but what do they say peter what is this load of cArp doing on the wall more likely and the other Peter with his little pointer pointing out a periscope in the thames this TK must have been having a laugh i certainly had.

I can't believe the other Peter not Simon does not feel ashamed doing that last night.

Utter tosh all the way through just hope not to many people fell for it.

The products ideal sell that are good value and good poducts (and there are a few) are undermined by this shite

Over the years I must have heard Dirty Peter say 'ooh I want this' literally dozens and dozens of times when selling seemingly endless Kinkade photocopies.

But last night I was dismayed and disappointed when he said 'I've got three Kinkade's at 'ome'.

Only 3? I thought he was a serious collector, just like Peter Vol Au Vacuum Vent.

Kinkade deserves better :mysmilie_59:

Easy - the Kinkade.
Pope Pete will probably move himself to crocodile tears, such will be the power of the paintings.

For me, it's a toss up between a crochet'ed loo-roll holder and a Kincade print as to which is the tackiest and most kitsch.

Over the years I must have heard Dirty Peter say 'ooh I want this' literally dozens and dozens of times when selling seemingly endless Kinkade photocopies.

But last night I was dismayed and disappointed when he said 'I've got three Kinkade's at 'ome'.

Only 3? I thought he was a serious collector, just like Peter Vol Au Vacuum Vent.

Kinkade deserves better :mysmilie_59:

haha brilliant :mysmilie_17:

I've just spent (or wasted) 10 minutes watching Mikey Boi flogging the exercise belt, whilst dressed in full exercise gear to emphasise how efficient the machine is and at the same time exposing those beanpole white legs. As you say, it's car crash, no question, and I find my jaw dropping closer and closer to the floor the more rubbish that comes out of his mouth.
Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

Having watched a good portion of that bizarre spectacle, and I have to say that surely it's now patently clear that Ideal World is no longer a mainstream Shopping Channel as it used to be, then I now feel comfortable saying this.

Ideal World claim that there is no connection with Bid. I'm finding that increasingly hard to believe but maybe, inexplicably, they just want to look and sound like Bid?

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Why you would wish to imitate a desperate, downmarket and defunct brand and debase your own is beyond me.

But imitating it they most certainly are, and it's car crash. :mysmilie_59:

I can't watch Mike Mason doing exercise equipment. Actually the ones who I find OK doing exercise equipment are Loen and Genevieve. Both are funny but not nauseating/cringeworthy.

I've just spent (or wasted) 10 minutes watching Mikey Boi flogging the exercise belt, whilst dressed in full exercise gear to emphasise how efficient the machine is and at the same time exposing those beanpole white legs. As you say, it's car crash, no question, and I find my jaw dropping closer and closer to the floor the more rubbish that comes out of his mouth.

I know I said that I wouldn't watch Dirty Peter but I just needed to see how Ideal World would present the Kinkade Garbage.

For me it was worse, far worse, than Bid. This channel is just thoroughly embarrassing, it's almost as if it's been hijacked by a rich Bid TV fan who simply cannot accept that it's gone. Well, it's clearly back.

I will not watch GOLLUM though, the moment I see him it's straight off :mysmilie_59:

I know I said that I wouldn't watch Dirty Peter but I just needed to see how Ideal World would present the Kinkade Garbage.

For me it was worse, far worse, than Bid. This channel is just thoroughly embarrassing, it's almost as if it's been hijacked by a rich Bid TV fan who simply cannot accept that it's gone. Well, it's clearly back.

I will not watch GOLLUM though, the moment I see him it's straight off :mysmilie_59:

Oh I agree, he turns my stomach in a food poisoning type way.

That halogen oven with FREE frying pan and steamer tray 'which are worth £14.99 on their own'

I paid £25 for a JML from ebay that has the 'frying pan and steamer tray', as they call it, so my halogen cost a tenner then :mysmilie_59:

I can't watch Mike Mason doing exercise equipment. Actually the ones who I find OK doing exercise equipment are Loen and Genevieve. Both are funny but not nauseating/cringeworthy.

Genpleaseleave had a face like a slapped arse because Demitri talked a lot, I know! the cheek of the man for wanting to describe his Skinn care (it's great by the way) and explaining how to use it, I know she's the experts but let's just pretend, Genpleaseleave kept saying "I'll have to put you on hold" I thought no let's not, I could listen to him all day and his passion he's lovely, as opposed to Genpleaseleave who's voice is literally like nails down a blackboard.

Just watched these two earlier, he really leaves her no room for manoeuvre does he? :mysmilie_19: Desperately trying to get those stock updates in haha, you've gotta love him just for that!

Just watched these two earlier, he really leaves her no room for manoeuvre does he? :mysmilie_19: Desperately trying to get those stock updates in haha, you've gotta love him just for that!

Given he has extensive experience including US Selly Telly, he's a past master at blocking out both the talkback voice and the presenter voice to get his point across. He's very polished but also manages to be very aggressive, as a lot of selly telly presenters are.

Without any knowledge of what work he may or may not have had done to his skin, he's WAY more credible as a guest just from the way he looks than Peter Fabulift Sherlock and the rather drippy woman who does Elizabeth Grant shows. You'd be happy to have skin like Dimitri's whereas Peter and that woman are not good examples of ageing well, in my opinion.

Sally Jacks was just utterly astonished (wow, oh my word, amazing) that the Santoku Knife that comes as part of a Pan deal could cut through:-

A Carrott
A Potato
A Courgette

This was what 'Chef' William chose to demonstrate it's capabilities :mysmilie_59:

Given he has extensive experience including US Selly Telly, he's a past master at blocking out both the talkback voice and the presenter voice to get his point across. He's very polished but also manages to be very aggressive, as a lot of selly telly presenters are.

Without any knowledge of what work he may or may not have had done to his skin, he's WAY more credible as a guest just from the way he looks than Peter Fabulift Sherlock and the rather drippy woman who does Elizabeth Grant shows. You'd be happy to have skin like Dimitri's whereas Peter and that woman are not good examples of ageing well, in my opinion.

I was thinking just that whilst watching him. He looks fresh and healthy, unlike the other fag puffing two.

He was demonstrating some stuff for filling in the lines that should knock fabulift sideways!

Sally Jacks was just utterly astonished (wow, oh my word, amazing) that the Santoku Knife that comes as part of a Pan deal could cut through:-

A Carrott
A Potato
A Courgette

This was what 'Chef' William chose to demonstrate it's capabilities :mysmilie_59:

I'm amazed, and shocked, and flabbergasted! Knives that can cut!!! Whatever next??

I'm amazed, and shocked, and flabbergasted! Knives that can cut!!! Whatever next??

The 'experts' rarely stretch the capabilities of the merchandise, I can't think why.

Janice Phillips' stock demonstration of an old, or even older iPad with free bonus cobwebs is:-

The onscreen keyboard can be split (pow!)
You can do a slideshow of your photos (ker pow!)
You can mix two different people's faces (boom ker pow!)

But if you're really lucky she'll show you that stargazing application, but this is only if she hasn't spent too much time showing us the split keyboard (pow!).

£300+ well spent :mysmilie_59:

He hasn't had any work done or his face would've split when he scrunched his face up really tight showing all those lines by his eyes, then they just bounced back, couldn't get away with that if he had. I didn't find him aggressive funny enough, but let's face it to be heard over Genpleaseleave you do need somewhat to be able to raise your voice above hers, no mean fate I grant you, but he did ok.

He hasn't had any work done or his face would've split when he scrunched his face up really tight showing all those lines by his eyes, then they just bounced back, couldn't get away with that if he had. I didn't find him aggressive funny enough, but let's face it to be heard over Genpleaseleave you do need somethings to be able to raise your voice above hers, no mean fate I grant you, but he did ok.

Personally it's that banshee that I find aggressive.

Or egregious, or both.

Just leave Genevieve, please :mysmilie_59: