Dafni Ceramic Hair Straightening Brush TSV 16/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Speaking as a poker-straight-lots-of-it-static-monster the Babyliss Ionic brush has been a worthwhile purchase. I got ours when it dropped to a Super Bargain Price on QVC (sold out now), initially it was over-priced at around £30. I don't use it for brushing and detangling, but once my do is dry after blow-drying with the Big Hair I brush with this and the wispy flyaways calm down. Also in cold dry weather I use it when I come inside and my hair is like a dandelion clock. Worth a try if you can pick up a cheap one somewhere.

I've only had a quick look at this but what I've seen looks like models with naturally straight hair having waves that have been added straightened out.

Guest presenter Lorna is going to be on BTY doing chat tonight to answer questions on it. :dull:

Crikey the model Cathy has just been raking this through her hair. It made me cringe she was pulling it so hard, the brush just did not want to go through. The end result wasn't all that great either. Her hair looked dry as a board. I will stick to my hair straighteners thank you very much.

Last edited:
Crikey the model Cathy has just been taking this through her hair. It made me cringe she was pulling it so hard, the brush just did not want to go through. The end result wasn't all that great either. Her hair looked dry as a board. I will stick to my hair straighteners thank you very much.

Yeah it was a struggle for her to get it through her hair!

Hi all, I tried it at the beauty bash. I have naturally curly hair, straightened that morning with GHDs. A 2 hours drive, then train, then 40 min walk and it was a bit fuzzy. The dafni did a good job of making my hair sleek again but I'm not sure id have got the very straight look just using the dafni initially on y hair. It was good as a top up, and probably if I had wanted not such s poker straight look that day. Also maybe good if your hair isn't as curly as mine. If I was a bit richer I'd buy one but at £100 when I have GHDs, multi styler, babyliss big hair etc it will be an extra gadget i don't really need. I hope the brand does well as the ladies on the stall were nice though!

I received my hair brush from Amazon and it has a leaflet with all the instructions .Used it once and it's good .jury is out if it will replace the straighteners after few more uses .

Ive just received my one from ammazon and couldnt wait to try it, my hair is fairly long and thick, and its done a super job, even curled it under, I dont like it poker straight, not sure it would be my main styling tool, and Ive got just about everything, but it will be perfect when Ive been out in the rain with the dogs, and its gone all wavy, definatley recommend it, and I got instructions.

It looks just lime the qvc obe so cant see how that could be any different, for £99

Because of the positive comments on this thread about the brush from Amazon, I've just ordered one. Luckily I applied a voucher to the order and so it's only costing me £10 ............ rather better than £99 for the Dafni. I do use hair straighteners but if this lives up to the reviews on here and those on Amazon, it may well become my 'tool' of choice.

That's one reason that I like this forum ............... it saves me money. :wink:

I washed my hair and used it .I am liking it .unlike the straightners there is a bounce in the hair .

Originally Posted by iloveshopping View Post

I'm sticking with the babyliss heated turning brush as it tames my hair enough. Then I can use my Steampod afterwards if the weather is damp or I want a more smooth look.

Me too. I really didn't like the frizzy end look of the models hair in the demonstrations, and neither did their hair look 'silky'. My Babyliss brush does the trick for me. Once I treat it section I stick it into a large roller to cool down and I get the perfect look with no frizz.

I love my Babyliss big hair too - have used it for years now and it has made such a big difference to how my hair looks, as I have curly hair which is hard to style with just a hand brush and dryer. I use my straighteners on my fringe though as I like it to be a bit straighter.

Can you all please check your brushes? The Electricalsafety site has them on recall due to risk of electric shock.

Latest posts

Back