24 hour customer service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
Pal pay hung when I was ordering the Williams waterless car wash. So I cancelled out of the transaction and started again only to find that I now have 2 orders.
The confo email said that customer services were 24 hours so I rang at about 7.55 this morning at a cost of 13p a minute plus network charges only to find that they open at 8am.
Rang at about 8.15 and had to listen to lots of spiel entered the account number as requested and then after entering phone numbers etc, I failed the checks so eventually spoke to a human. I have now received a cancellation number BUT I will never order anything from Idealworld again without paying for a returns label. Cheaper than cancelling over the phone.

With QVC you don't get free phone, the charge is hidden in the postage, with Ideal World what you see is what you get. For example, a couple of years ago I ordered three tops from QVC and the postage was £15, to return them cost me about £7 so all in all a total of £22. A couple of weeks ago I ordered three lovely tops from IW p&p was £4.95 for the three, if I wanted to return them (which I didn't) would've cost £1.50 so a total of £6.50. That's a difference between the two companies of £15.50 for the exact same process, so QVC free phone will have been in that £15.50. I always email IW, they deal with your problem efficiently in under 48 hours.

Last edited:
Pal pay hung when I was ordering the Williams waterless car wash. So I cancelled out of the transaction and started again only to find that I now have 2 orders.
The confo email said that customer services were 24 hours so I rang at about 7.55 this morning at a cost of 13p a minute plus network charges only to find that they open at 8am.
Rang at about 8.15 and had to listen to lots of spiel entered the account number as requested and then after entering phone numbers etc, I failed the checks so eventually spoke to a human. I have now received a cancellation number BUT I will never order anything from Idealworld again without paying for a returns label. Cheaper than cancelling over the phone.

This happened to me, I called at 10 am, went through all the guff they sprout and then to be told all staff were in training and the lines would open at 9am, as it was after 10 already it just peed me off. Like you I will never ring again. Just a waste of my time and my money. At least with Q you get a free phone.

From all accounts Ideal World's offshore Customer Service Centre is lamentable although I never had reason to call them, in fact I didn't even know they used offshore Call Centres.

It seems that the only thing they are known to do well, in fact almost instantly, is call you if you don't place an order for an tem that you placed in your basket.

But I do think that Ideal World charge far more reasonable shipping costs than QVC :mysmilie_59:

Whether the charge for Q's freephone is in the postage or not, I like it.

I would NEVER ring IW or any other non-geographic number.

Often you can find an alternative number on SAYNOTO0870.com

Its illegal for company's to charge more than a standard rate for customer services, the number below is the number you should call
If you have a problem with your product or wish to cancel your order
Tel: 0330 3321300

03 numbers – UK-wide geographic numbers

Many organisations use 03 numbers as an alternative to more expensive 08 numbers.

Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way. Calls from landlines are typically charged up to 9p per minute; calls from mobiles typically cost between 3p and 40p per minute. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.

My landline package includes free geographic numbers, but I am fairly sure it excludes 0854, 0870, AND 0345.

Can any TalkTalk customers confirm this. The only exception I know is free calls to their 0870 CS number, from a registered TT landline (this was no use when I had to report my phone wasn't working from a neighbour's phone)

My landline package includes free geographic numbers, but I am fairly sure it excludes 0854, 0870, AND 0345.

Can any TalkTalk customers confirm this. The only exception I know is free calls to their 0870 CS number, from a registered TT landline (this was no use when I had to report my phone wasn't working from a neighbour's phone)

We're with Talk Talk, we have the £7.5O a month UK Calls Boost and that includes all 01, 02, 03 numbers.

I thought it included 08 numbers but it doesn't.

The Ofcom link says that all 03 numbers are charged at a local rate, but that doesn't stop providers charging for them IE excluding them from their free calls package.

I think BT give free 0870, but NOT 0871 for example.

The Ofcom link says that all 03 numbers are charged at a local rate, but that doesn't stop providers charging for them IE excluding them from their free calls package.

I think BT give free 0870, but NOT 0871 for example.

they are 100% included in packages, it says this on the Ofcom website

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/how-much-does-a-phone-call-really-cost/

03 numbers – UK-wide geographic numbers

Many organisations use 03 numbers as an alternative to more expensive 08 numbers.

Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way. Calls from landlines are typically charged up to 9p per minute; calls from mobiles typically cost between 3p and 40p per minute. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages.

Thanks for the link.

I see that TT "anytime boost" includes 01, 02, 03, but thats it!

So 0345 should be OK, but no 08's or 09's.

That's right, no 08 numbers but the one we have for £7.50 includes mobile calls.

03 will be just fine, we call them quite often :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back