Limited The Royal Reign Commemorative Book with Pete "I'm talking rubbish" Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Following his brilliant portrayal of a distinguished royal correspondent/historian on the Record Reign show, now is perhaps a good time to remind ourselves of Peter Simon’s more playful side...

With such incredible versatility, is it any wonder that he is widely acknowledged as the finest Ronald Macdonald actor of his generation (he did a number of adverts for McDonald's in his early career-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLXz-ZDQJI)

I thought he was quite funny. But it's only in rare moments with Pete the Prat...

I think I preferred him with the Ronald 'Maccy D' clown costume and make-up on.....it was a definite improvement, IMO.
Following his brilliant portrayal of a distinguished royal correspondent/historian on the Record Reign show, now is perhaps a good time to remind ourselves of Peter Simon’s more playful side...

With such incredible versatility, is it any wonder that he is widely acknowledged as the finest Ronald Macdonald actor of his generation (he did a number of adverts for McDonald's in his early career-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLXz-ZDQJI)

Last edited:
Love it! :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483: Why, oh why, has this man still not won a BAFTA award? "And now, for retrospective services to the acting profession with his circa 1970 humour, the winner is.....................Pope Peter of Simon, aka Poward, King of Innuendo"...

The mind boggles H, I mean look at him, smashing a spoon full of cream into his face, I mean who else would think there's such comedy value in that, such genius. :mysmilie_46:

The mind boggles H, I mean look at him, smashing a spoon full of cream into his face, I mean who else would think there's such comedy value in that, such genius. :mysmilie_46:

I haven't enjoyed original comedy like that in years. Many years.

Duncan 'Chase Me' Norvelle, Bernie 'Ostrich' Clifton and Stu 'Crush A Grape' Francis are my comedy idols :mysmilie_59:

Yukky man. You could hear the sniggering off-camera, he's like the Ideal World fool. He probably thought everyone found this "comedy routine" pant-wettingly hilarious. When he pushed his face almost into the bowl I was hoping there was someone behind him who really would shove his head in it - now that would have been funny.

Ideal World beware, the only channels that seem to survive are those that stick to the basics, selling in an informative and hopefully entertaining but relatively formal way.

Those that tried to be different, including i-Buy, Auction World, Speed Auction, Price Drop & Bid all went down the drain, the 'talent' they employ are simply not good enough for a decent Cabaret Club let alone spontaneous humour.

And that's what will happen here too if they don't get a grip, just be a proper shopping channel or go bust :mysmilie_59:

Yukky man. You could hear the sniggering off-camera, he's like the Ideal World fool. He probably thought everyone found this "comedy routine" pant-wettingly hilarious. When he pushed his face almost into the bowl I was hoping there was someone behind him who really would shove his head in it - now that would have been funny.

I wish they had the balls at IW to tell the fool he's just not funny, I literally can't stand the man yeh nuh.

Ideal World beware, the only channels that seem to survive are those that stick to the basics, selling in an informative and hopefully entertaining but relatively formal way.

Those that tried to be different, including i-Buy, Auction World, Speed Auction, Price Drop & Bid all went down the drain, the 'talent' they employ are simply not good enough for a decent Cabaret Club let alone spontaneous humour.

And that's what will happen here too if they don't get a grip, just be a proper shopping channel or go bust :mysmilie_59:

Oh I agree, who ever hired that idiot should get his P45 soon as.

Oh I agree, who ever hired that idiot should get his P45 soon as.

He's just one part of it.

For me the whole presentation is shambolic, amateurish and very, very schlocky. It's excruciating, highly inconsistent, even the sets are awful.

The whole on air look from the presenters to the graphics are horribly out of date and not in a cosy, homely way.

To me it just looks tatty :mysmilie_59:

Along the lines of the 'creamy spoon dans la bouche' theme, why don't they just put TWAFTA Pete in the stocks and throw various Ideal World products at his head. Even better, put Peter Sherlock on a ducking stool that plunges him into a huge vat of Divine Decadence or whatever his latest stink is called...

Along the lines of the 'creamy spoon dans la bouche' theme, why don't they just put TWAFTA Pete in the stocks and throw various Ideal World products at his head. Even better, put Peter Sherlock on a ducking stool that plunges him into a huge vat of Divine Decadence or whatever his latest stink is called...

Please Greg, that would surely strip his skin to the bone.

He doesn't deserve that, but GOLLUM..........:mysmilie_59:

I would hope your view of Peter Sherlock will change after watching this video. Like Peter Simon, he's a class act...

Couldn't cope with viewing the video. Just the sight of Sally with her mouth wide open puts me off my dinner...

Just look at the gob on Lilly Sherlock, wearing that psychedelic shirt again the one that gives you a migraine.

Not only have they got the cheek to be asking £294.99 for this book, (yes, that's £294.99 plus p & p), but Pete has now lost his grip completely (the female guest presenter was almost as bad). The whole presentation seems to consist of him saying "oh this is remarkable", "this is fascinating", to cover up his lack of actual knowledge of dates and facts. Some of the rubbish from his lips so far:

"this is the change from gas to electricity" (Eh? Do I hear you say "whaaat?".......don't ask would be my answer)
"she became Queen at the age of 21 when her father King George died".... (she was born in 1926, so she was actually 25 - almost 26 - when he died)
"this portrait has never been seen before" (it has, it's in many books about the Royal Family) - he repeated this about other photographs, that have also appeared before in other publications - OK, there might be a few that haven't been seen before, including one of the ugliest pictures of her I've ever seen, but to say that they are all previously unseen pictures is a total fabrication
"here, she looks like a young Princess Margaret" (it was a picture of the Queen at the age of 51, at the 1977 Silver Jubilee, and neither he, nor the guest presenter, seem to know it was a picture of the Queen doing a walkabout in the streets during the Silver Jubilee celebrations)
"I think of her in 1966...a black and white TV, the World Cup was being played and she was (silence)"........ by this point, I was shouting at the TV "playing in goal??"

We've also had a long ramble about Beijing, and I have absolutely no idea what he was rambling on about. He's also been staring at the camera in complete silence for about 6 seconds while he scrambles around for something to say. This man has totally lost whatever remained of the plot. Oh gawd, he's now on with a Sterling Original watch hour....he's just pronounced the Royal Jewellers Garrard as "jarrod" - but of course he knows them so well! Yeah, so well that you can't even pronounce their name, Pete. Someone must have now shouted down his earpiece, because he quickly corrected himself. Just when you thought he couldn't get any more amateur, he proves you wrong...

I have just picked up the second part of the free daily mail ' sumptuous' magazine on the secret life of the queen with many 'unseen' photos. Should I put it on my insurance, what would Pete think....??

We might say the same about his stinks....(sooo last century might be a better description...some of them probably smell like they've been hanging around that long)
What the hell are they laughing at? Losing their jobs?

Get him.........'shopping channels are sooo last year'

Yes, I got mine today, and I've immediately contacted my Insurance Company, who told me exactly where to put it for safety.....!!!!!:mysmilie_17:
I have just picked up the second part of the free daily mail ' sumptuous' magazine on the secret life of the queen with many 'unseen' photos. Should I put it on my insurance, what would Pete think....??

Whatever happened to their "collaboration" (ooh, missus!)? Er, could it be that like so many of their "ventures" it collapsed in a heap and was never heard of again? Oh, what a shame! :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_3:
Just look at the gob on Lilly Sherlock, wearing that psychedelic shirt again the one that gives you a migraine.

Latest posts

Back