TJC Buyers & Gem Experts are NOT better than their Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Exactly. People like Lucy and Rachel are good because they give added value to the hour with lots of background, and each time they introduce a new piece they tell you the inspiration for it and how it was made, but to have someone screeching like a banshee at you, while a poor presenter stands there as though wishing the ground would open up and swallow them, is embarrassing IMO. It now resembles walking down a market past stalls where the stallholder is trying desperately to grab you and make you buy something. These buyers are just hard sellers, they have no charisma at all. I like Vicki Browne, and admire her for being such a courageous lady for coming back after being so ill, and I feel so sorry for her with one of those 2 shouting over her. Go back to your buying, Buyers, for heaven's sake, and let the presenter do the job they're paid to do![

QUOTE=Enigma;846314]The only reason you need someone else on is to explain products in more detail than the presenter. This makes sense with Alicia Douvall, or Lucy Q and Rachel Galley, since it's their products being sold and they can explain the ethos behind their ranges.

But what purpose does having a buyer on screen provide? Especially for jewellery that's more metalwork than jewels (and not always non-base metalwork either) because prices skyrocketed in the last recession?[/QUOTE]

I've only started watching TJC over recent months . I tend to channel hop between the three jewellery channels & QVC searching for something of interest to me , but not necessarily to buy anything . One of my favourite presenters is Chloe . She looks really great with her new hair do . She seems very knowledgeable & experienced without doing lots of shouting .
I find that I am learning quite a bit from the buyers / gem hunters . I do wonder, however, if some of the sessions are too long / tiring for the presenters to give of their best for the whole time .

Latest posts

Back