TJC Buyers & Gem Experts are NOT better than their Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Avid

Registered Shopper
TJC are increasingly using the presenter with buyer/gem expert format. This is fine when the buyer/expert is enhancing the presentation by adding their insights. However, on TJC the buyers have come to dominate proceedings and are really spoiling the buying experience.

Amit used to be charming when he first appeared on screen as support to the presenters. But now he dominates the presenters when he's on. Megalomaniacly shouting over them and interuppting them at every turn. Reducing them to nothing more than nodding dogs. It's horrible. They wait patiently for a chance to get a word in, but no, Amit wants his time in front of the camera. Greedily, saving the best deals for himself. The only one he doesn't interrupt is Chloe.

Same goes for that new gem expert. He's simply not a presenter, but he doesn't care. He talks tediously and goes on and on and on. There's no vocal variety in his voice at all. I bet he thinks he's better at presenting than the presenter he's on with. Constantly starting his sentences with 'Look...'.

I don't get why TJC sideline their presenters in this way. I cringe when I see the presenters trying to maintain an air of professionalism when their role has been diminished.

Amit, Zha-zha and Tenner if you're listening, add your insights, but please let the presenters do their job.
- Put your egotism aside and think about how you're coming across on tv.

--

Last edited:
Lots of strange things have happened at TJC ,ever since they rebranded and started to sell non jewellery items. I agree the buyers are an irritation and if I were a presenter I'd be pretty fed up with them taking over.I used to enjoy the presentations especially the high value rings ,but now hardly bother to watch let alone buy anything.

Avid, you are spot-on. I sighed when I saw Tenner Diniz was now on TJC (he used to make guest appearances on Rocks & Co. if you remember, as he was one of their gem hunters originally, I think). Tenner's brother, Tony Diniz, (who appears to have vanished from Rocks & Co. as well) was much better - a good guest to have on the show, calm and very knowledgeable, with a good vocal delivery. Tenner has a hectoring manner and monosyllabic tone that isn't pleasant to hear or watch - I switched off the other day after about 2 minutes. I agree with what you've said about Amit, he simply takes over, shouts continually and the presenter is reduced to a load of sycophantic mumblings. It's embarrassing. I notice that Derek Marks hasn't been seen presenting for a while, and wonder if he's had enough of it. If I switch over and Amit is on, I switch to something else. Deepak, the other buyer who sometimes comes on, is not quite so bad, but I still get irritated at him talking over the presenter - it seems to be more like public humiliation to me, and not at all pleasant, IMO.

TJC are increasingly using the presenter with buyer/gem expert format. This is fine when the buyer/expert is enhancing the presentation by adding their insights. However, on TJC the buyers have come to dominate proceedings and are really spoiling the buying experience.

Amit used to be charming when he first appeared on screen as support to the presenters. But now he dominates the presenters when he's on. Megalomaniacly shouting over them and interuppting them at every turn. Reducing them to nothing more than nodding dogs. It's horrible. They wait patiently for a chance to get a word in, but no, Amit wants his time in front of the camera. Greedily, saving the best deals for himself. The only one he doesn't interrupt is Chloe.

Same goes for that new gem expert. He's simply not a presenter, but he doesn't care. He talks tediously and goes on and on and on. There's no vocal variety in his voice at all. I bet he thinks he's better at presenting than the presenter he's on with. Constantly starting his sentences with 'Look...'.

I don't get why TJC sideline their presenters in this way. I cringe when I see the presenters trying to maintain an air of professionalism when their role has been diminished.

Amit, Zha-zha and Tenner if you're listening, add your insights, but please let the presenters do their job.
- Put your egotism aside and think about how you're coming across on tv.

--

Yes, that's the word, 'hectoring'. LOL. I switched Tenner off too. I wonder how many other viewers reached for the remote control?

I have a lot of sympathy for the presenters. Clearly, Amit, Zhabir and Tenner have an exaggerated sense of their own importance. Hogging the limelight and asserting their supremacy whilst on air. Why do TJC even bother having presenters when they are on?

IMHO, presenters should take the lead and guests should be the support act. Let's see if they take note.

Exactly - the presenters are superfluous at the moment! They stand there, looking like spare parts! I didn't mind when Amit was only on now and again, but I think they (ie the buyers) are all getting in on the act now and fighting for their moments in the spotlight, shoving out the presenters. Have these people no awareness? Are they surrounded by "Yes-people", who don't offer constructive criticism? If they ever watch a playback, they surely must cringe at some of what they see? I hope someone from TJC does come on here and read this - they could learn something, or people will start leaving this channel in droves, in my opinion.
Yes, that's the word, 'hectoring'. LOL. I switched Tenner off too. I wonder how many other viewers reached for the remote control?

I have a lot of sympathy for the presenters. Clearly, Amit, Zhabir and Tenner have an exaggerated sense of their own importance. Hogging the limelight and asserting their supremacy whilst on air. Why do TJC even bother having presenters when they are on?

IMHO, presenters should take the lead and guests should be the support act. Let's see if they take note.

I have to switch over whenever Amit appears, because I genuinely don't understand one word he says. Not one. It baffles me because I can normally watch any old $hite, but I just can't sit through a show when he's on.

Yes Amit is difficult to understand sometimes and he talks fast.The other day there was another guest with a new range he rambled on and on .He also had a strong accent possiby Italian and I gave up because I couldn't get interested in what he was selling. They should let the presenters do the bulk of the descriptions.

They should just drag Amit on to do a "special deal" then shove him off-air so he can get on with buying jewellery at such low prices. Or whatever he's supposed to be doing.

I have never understood TJC's need to drag the buyers and MD on air; don't they have other jobs they can be doing? Who's next? "Dave from security's here to show you his top pick pashminas and scatter cushions, while Beryl the cleaner's coming on later to explain how she doesn't mind cleaning the company bogs now she's discovered Alicia Douvall's argon oil. She says it brings the pans up lovely"

It comes across as business people and their silly egos wanting to be ''tv stars''

Absolute nonsense. Whenever I switch over I tend to hear a voice that is clearly not a polished presenter, then low and behold amit is showing off how big his willy is compared to the presenter.

Please excuse the crudeness.

It comes across as business people and their silly egos wanting to be ''tv stars''

Absolute nonsense. Whenever I switch over I tend to hear a voice that is clearly not a polished presenter, then low and behold amit is showing off how big his willy is compared to the presenter.

Please excuse the crudeness.

No wonder he's terrified of talking over Chloe.

Colin Wagstaffe has now moved to Jewellery Maker....how long before he looms up on our screens, anyone like to bet?
They should just drag Amit on to do a "special deal" then shove him off-air so he can get on with buying jewellery at such low prices. Or whatever he's supposed to be doing.

I have never understood TJC's need to drag the buyers and MD on air; don't they have other jobs they can be doing? Who's next? "Dave from security's here to show you his top pick pashminas and scatter cushions, while Beryl the cleaner's coming on later to explain how she doesn't mind cleaning the company bogs now she's discovered Alicia Douvall's argon oil. She says it brings the pans up lovely"

As far as I can see TJC has gone for selling piles of low value stuff now. No quality jewellery.Even Vicki Brown no longer calls herself the queen of sparkle ,theres not much sparkle left.
I see they've gone into anti aging skin care .There must be huge profits in it,more than jewellery.

Some of the comments on here made me laugh :-D

Yesterday, Amit was on. It looks as if he's been reading this thread. Having taken centre-stage on the 6pm shift, he selflessly allowed Cris to unfold a silk scarf, AND, wait for it... count down from ten. I kid you not. Terrible. Just terrible.

Seriously though, Amit has over-exposed himself: we have the Amitathon, Amit's Special deal, Amit's Head Buyer Collection and Amit popping up whenever he needs a fix. On TJC, every day is Amit day.

What we need is an Amit Free Day

Last edited:
Avid, I like your style - definitely a case for an Amit Free Day......which will be every day from now onwards. Cris St Valery is a pretty decent presenter, and I would think he's frantically digging a tunnel out at present. It's Amit Overload, that much is certain.
Some of the comments on here made me laugh :-D

Yesterday, Amit was on. It looks as if he's been reading this thread. Having taken centre-stage on the 6pm shift, he selflessly allowed Cris to unfold a silk scarf, AND, wait for it... count down from ten. I kid you not. Terrible. Just terrible.

Seriously though, Amit has over-exposed himself: we have the Amitathon, Amit's Special deal, Amit's Head Buyer Collection and Amit popping up whenever he needs a fix. On TJC, every day is Amit day.

What we need is an Amit Free Day

Avid, I like your style - definitely a case for an Amit Free Day......which will be every day from now onwards. Cris St Valery is a pretty decent presenter, and I would think he's frantically digging a tunnel out at present. It's Amit Overload, that much is certain.

The only reason you need someone else on is to explain products in more detail than the presenter. This makes sense with Alicia Douvall, or Lucy Q and Rachel Galley, since it's their products being sold and they can explain the ethos behind their ranges.

But what purpose does having a buyer on screen provide? Especially for jewellery that's more metalwork than jewels (and not always non-base metalwork either) because prices skyrocketed in the last recession?

The buyers are flogging the scarves and bags too. On one show the presenter was acting as the model while the buyer did the sales patter. The body language of the presenter said it all.

The buyers are flogging the scarves and bags too. On one show the presenter was acting as the model while the buyer did the sales patter. The body language of the presenter said it all.

Should be the other way around. I'm sure Amit or Deepak would look just fabulous kitted out in scarves and handbags in this season's must have pantone colours.

I sometimes watch TJC if there is nothing on QVC to keep my attention, I am not really interested in buying anything it is just back ground noise, but as soon as anyone other than the presenter appear I am for the mute/off button... all the buyers bore me to tears...

I sometimes watch TJC if there is nothing on QVC to keep my attention, I am not really interested in buying anything it is just back ground noise, but as soon as anyone other than the presenter appear I am for the mute/off button... all the buyers bore me to tears...

Exactly the same here Kathy :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back