Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World Welcomes Celebrity Paul Ross as Guest Presenter

Well known for his appearance on many TV and radio shows over the decades, Paul canít wait to take centre stage and present his favourite products to you!

Weíre sure you are as excited as we are to welcome our new guest presenter Paul Ross to the Ideal World team. With decades of experience in the industry and after appearing on many TV shows including ITVís This Morning and The Alan Titchmarsh Show, Paul will bring some showbiz to the home of television shopping.

Paul canít wait to get started on the show and deliver fantastic offers straight to your front room. ďIím utterly thrilled to be joining the top team of presenters on my favourite shopping channel. Itís been my guilty secret for ages! Iíve been a viewer and buyer for many years too and love their market beating offers on stonking products. Iíd love viewers to join me at the weekends when Iíll bring them my fresh shopping selectionĒ.

Read More

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default TJC Buyers & Gem Experts are NOT better than their Presenters

TJC are increasingly using the presenter with buyer/gem expert format. This is fine when the buyer/expert is enhancing the presentation by adding their insights. However, on TJC the buyers have come to dominate proceedings and are really spoiling the buying experience.

Amit used to be charming when he first appeared on screen as support to the presenters. But now he dominates the presenters when he's on. Megalomaniacly shouting over them and interuppting them at every turn. Reducing them to nothing more than nodding dogs. It's horrible. They wait patiently for a chance to get a word in, but no, Amit wants his time in front of the camera. Greedily, saving the best deals for himself. The only one he doesn't interrupt is Chloe.

Same goes for that new gem expert. He's simply not a presenter, but he doesn't care. He talks tediously and goes on and on and on. There's no vocal variety in his voice at all. I bet he thinks he's better at presenting than the presenter he's on with. Constantly starting his sentences with 'Look...'.

I don't get why TJC sideline their presenters in this way. I cringe when I see the presenters trying to maintain an air of professionalism when their role has been diminished.

Amit, Zha-zha and Tenner if you're listening, add your insights, but please let the presenters do their job.
      - Put your egotism aside and think about how you're coming across on tv.

--
      Last edited by Avid; 13-03-2016 at 04:18 PM.
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
      Likes QueenD, Kathy , reanebeanie liked this post

2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Enigma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      It comes across as business people and their silly egos wanting to be ''tv stars''

Absolute nonsense. Whenever I switch over I tend to hear a voice that is clearly not a polished presenter, then low and behold amit is showing off how big his willy is compared to the presenter.

Please excuse the crudeness.
      No wonder he's terrified of talking over Chloe.

› See More: TJC Buyers & Gem Experts are NOT better than their Presenters
      Likes reanebeanie, mr tom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Colin Wagstaffe has now moved to Jewellery Maker....how long before he looms up on our screens, anyone like to bet?
      Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
      They should just drag Amit on to do a "special deal" then shove him off-air so he can get on with buying jewellery at such low prices. Or whatever he's supposed to be doing.

I have never understood TJC's need to drag the buyers and MD on air; don't they have other jobs they can be doing? Who's next? "Dave from security's here to show you his top pick pashminas and scatter cushions, while Beryl the cleaner's coming on later to explain how she doesn't mind cleaning the company bogs now she's discovered Alicia Douvall's argon oil. She says it brings the pans up lovely"
      Likes reanebeanie, shopperholic liked this post

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I can see TJC has gone for selling piles of low value stuff now. No quality jewellery.Even Vicki Brown no longer calls herself the queen of sparkle ,theres not much sparkle left.
      I see they've gone into anti aging skin care .There must be huge profits in it,more than jewellery.
      Likes historymystery, reanebeanie liked this post

7.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the comments on here made me laugh :-D

Yesterday, Amit was on. It looks as if he's been reading this thread. Having taken centre-stage on the 6pm shift, he selflessly allowed Cris to unfold a silk scarf, AND, wait for it... count down from ten. I kid you not. Terrible. Just terrible.

Seriously though, Amit has over-exposed himself: we have the Amitathon, Amit's Special deal, Amit's Head Buyer Collection and Amit popping up whenever he needs a fix. On TJC, every day is Amit day.

What we need is an Amit Free Day
      Last edited by Avid; 20-03-2016 at 12:26 PM.
      Likes reanebeanie liked this post

9.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

Avid, I like your style - definitely a case for an Amit Free Day......which will be every day from now onwards. Cris St Valery is a pretty decent presenter, and I would think he's frantically digging a tunnel out at present. It's Amit Overload, that much is certain.
      Quote Originally Posted by Avid View Post
      Some of the comments on here made me laugh :-D

Yesterday, Amit was on. It looks as if he's been reading this thread. Having taken centre-stage on the 6pm shift, he selflessly allowed Cris to unfold a silk scarf, AND, wait for it... count down from ten. I kid you not. Terrible. Just terrible.

Seriously though, Amit has over-exposed himself: we have the Amitathon, Amit's Special deal, Amit's Head Buyer Collection and Amit popping up whenever he needs a fix. On TJC, every day is Amit day.

What we need is an Amit Free Day
      Thanks Avid thanked for this post
      Likes shopperholic , Turandot, reanebeanie liked this post

11.    Gemporia / Amaozon Prime

Enigma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      Avid, I like your style - definitely a case for an Amit Free Day......which will be every day from now onwards. Cris St Valery is a pretty decent presenter, and I would think he's frantically digging a tunnel out at present. It's Amit Overload, that much is certain.
      The only reason you need someone else on is to explain products in more detail than the presenter. This makes sense with Alicia Douvall, or Lucy Q and Rachel Galley, since it's their products being sold and they can explain the ethos behind their ranges.

But what purpose does having a buyer on screen provide? Especially for jewellery that's more metalwork than jewels (and not always non-base metalwork either) because prices skyrocketed in the last recession?
      Likes Avid , reanebeanie liked this post

13.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

The buyers are flogging the scarves and bags too. On one show the presenter was acting as the model while the buyer did the sales patter. The body language of the presenter said it all.

15.    Sponsored Link

Enigma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      The buyers are flogging the scarves and bags too. On one show the presenter was acting as the model while the buyer did the sales patter. The body language of the presenter said it all.
      Should be the other way around. I'm sure Amit or Deepak would look just fabulous kitted out in scarves and handbags in this season's must have pantone colours.
      Likes reanebeanie, Turandot liked this post

17.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes watch TJC if there is nothing on QVC to keep my attention, I am not really interested in buying anything it is just back ground noise, but as soon as anyone other than the presenter appear I am for the mute/off button... all the buyers bore me to tears...

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

19.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
      I sometimes watch TJC if there is nothing on QVC to keep my attention, I am not really interested in buying anything it is just back ground noise, but as soon as anyone other than the presenter appear I am for the mute/off button... all the buyers bore me to tears...
      Exactly the same here Kathy
      Likes shopperholic , Kathy , reanebeanie liked this post

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising