Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

Protect your children and your finances .....

Read More

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bring back Michelle

Serif hours have never been the same since we lost Michelle Jackson Mogford. I am watching the new representative and she is hopeless, She has just spent ages mucking about with glue to make a tiny bag a four year old could have produced. She doesn't know much about Craft Artist 2. She can drag and drop and make things bigger and smaller. That is about it. I used to learn lots of techniques and tips from Michelle. Does anyone know why she left. Did she go or was she pushed?

› See More: Bring back Michelle
      Likes Flying Pigs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really miss Michelle too and now record the shows just to see what is in the digikits as I can't enjoy Nikki's demos at all. Nikki seems to be interested in printing off and sticking on whereas Michelle's demos were a fab way to learn how to use CA on the computer to create brilliant effects. They said Michelle had new ideas she wanted to work on. Before , after seeing a Michelle demo I couldn't wait to get the digikit home nowadays I bide my time and download direct from Daisy Trail when it becomes available on there.
      Flying Pigs

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh no, always switched over when Michelle came on. Perhaps Nikki try's to make it more an Art thing. Press this, press that surely wasn't Art. More like an I.T. workshop

Post Thanks / Like

That's the point isn't it though, Craft Artist is not a 'let's print this background out and stick these embellishments on' CD but a design tool where you are only limited by your imagination.
      Likes pyjama princess liked this post

Flying Pigs

Post Thanks / Like

Never got that! Craft is Art. As I'm not from the techie generation, I really cannot understand this mania for using computers to make Art. Ok, don't tell me off, I'm old fashioned and use individual pieces of art because I can draw. Why have copies when you can have originals?
      Likes Flying Pigs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have loads of digikits. Sometimes I use CA to make the whole item and print it off flat - although using the shadow tool makes it look more like real items are glued on. Other times I print off the individual items and stick them down along with items from stash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helena View Post
      Never got that! Craft is Art. As I'm not from the techie generation, I really cannot understand this mania for using computers to make Art. Ok, don't tell me off, I'm old fashioned and use individual pieces of art because I can draw. Why have copies when you can have originals?
      Using tech to create art is just another tool to create it with.

Post Thanks / Like

From reading the Daisy Trail Forum it looks like the new updated one coming soon will have demos and techniques that we will be able to access there which sounds fab for us techies helena , but it also sounds like CA will not be on C&C in the future and digikits will sell from DT.
      Flying Pigs