Indeed Howard, now I DON'T believe a word you say :)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loen is entertaining, without being totally obnoxious about it, and doesn't appear to take herself too seriously. Not feeling the love for Mrs Love? To me she is hands-down the pick of a bad (and getting worse) bunch.

I must say I have always liked Loen. Didn't she used to be a model when the late Steve Whatley used to be on??

I used to think Poo Poo was just yet another camp, provincial Selly Telly goon. Over the top, really bad in an effeminate, Alan Partridge kind of way. Rubbish but quite harmless.

But that was when I'd seen very little of him. Now I find him uncomfortable to watch, there's almost a vacancy to him.

Much like Dirty Peter he has totally dead eyes, he just doesn't look like he's quite all 'there' to me.

Norman Bates? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

I used to think Poo Poo was just yet another camp, provincial Selly Telly goon. Over the top, really bad in an effeminate, Alan Partridge kind of way. Rubbish but quite harmless.

But that was when I'd seen very little of him. Now I find him uncomfortable to watch, there's almost a vacancy to him.

Much like Dirty Peter he has totally dead eyes, he just doesn't look like he's quite all 'there' to me.

Norman Bates? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11201

Hmmm not sure about Norman Bates, strikes me more of a Norma Bates. :mysmilie_17:

I've been watching Mike Mason since he was on Bid all those years ago when Sofia Raffat was still there, and he had hair!!!!
Sadly, due to personal reasons, I can't watch any channel with adverts on, so am stuck with shopping telly. I have no interest in purchasing anything, never have in 20+ years of watching and never will. For me it's entertainment, seeing how much Paul Brodel can get in his mouth before he actively explodes, waiting for Dirty Pete to finally go over the line and get the channel shut down, and Mike Mason, whom I truly believe is just a character for tv. I am more than aware of their mis-truths and have reported them myself to the ASA, the whole channel has been a joke from the day it began and the scandals will keep coming til the day they close. We all know all of the items they sell off by heart and could all recite an hour's presentation and get 95% of it spot on, so why on earth would I watch anyone whom isn't risque or funny, or outlandish, to presenter a product I know better than my own hands? It's a bit like an ongoing series any one of you would watch for fun, Friends, ER, The Bill (wtf?) but because I can't risk anything like that, I'm stuck with the selly telly channels. QVC is so unbearably politically correct and straighter than straight, not entertaining at all.

I've been watching Mike Mason since he was on Bid all those years ago when Sofia Raffat was still there, and he had hair!!!!
Sadly, due to personal reasons, I can't watch any channel with adverts on, so am stuck with shopping telly. I have no interest in purchasing anything, never have in 20+ years of watching and never will. For me it's entertainment, seeing how much Paul Brodel can get in his mouth before he actively explodes, waiting for Dirty Pete to finally go over the line and get the channel shut down, and Mike Mason, whom I truly believe is just a character for tv. I am more than aware of their mis-truths and have reported them myself to the ASA, the whole channel has been a joke from the day it began and the scandals will keep coming til the day they close. We all know all of the items they sell off by heart and could all recite an hour's presentation and get 95% of it spot on, so why on earth would I watch anyone whom isn't risque or funny, or outlandish, to presenter a product I know better than my own hands? It's a bit like an ongoing series any one of you would watch for fun, Friends, ER, The Bill (wtf?) but because I can't risk anything like that, I'm stuck with the selly telly channels. QVC is so unbearably politically correct and straighter than straight, not entertaining at all.

I struggle to watch Paul Brodel shovelling grub into his gob, it really makes me feel sick. He will explode one day but hopefully when I am not watching.

Get him on for a food-grabbing contest with Q's Charlie 'Chomper' Brook! This could be fun! :mysmilie_5:
I struggle to watch Paul Brodel shovelling grub into his gob, it really makes me feel sick. He will explode one day but hopefully when I am not watching.

It was funny on the garden show when Howard the bowel was talking rubbish about whether he was standing to close or to far away from the guest after him wasting about 5 mins the guy said just stay over there probably glad to get him as far away as possible:mysmilie_1:

Howard seems to be getting stranger than ever, in my opinion. What with the bowel-obsession, and apart from anything else he's definitely got verbal diarrhoea, if not the other kind!
It was funny on the garden show when Howard the bowel was talking rubbish about whether he was standing to close or to far away from the guest after him wasting about 5 mins the guy said just stay over there probably glad to get him as far away as possible:mysmilie_1:

Always hear Poward chugging on about how "I hate liars, if you found out I was lying you'd never trust a word I said again" which is kind of a new schpeel, but yes indeed, after the oven show the other day I now won't believe a word he says :)
It was the daewoo micro/oven thing, or possibly the other ideal brand but same thing, and as ever they insist on doing a pizza, to show the crispy bottom. The trouble is, the pizza NEVER has once come out crispy, but Poward grabbed it out of the oven before William could and it literally flopped almost in half, then William tries to rescue it with some bullshirt, and Howard says how crispy that is!!! Barefaced to be honest, and now I will never take Poward or William seriously ever again. I know it's only a small thing, but to stand there and lie, just drives my pipe!!!

Derrick Belcher, our old favourite, who was so dedicated to us as Ideal viewers, who retired....... is in fact now on QVC flogging his wares. Hmmmm, loyal to the last huh :p

I have finally sussed why Hayley is so vile to me, she states that EVERY item is the best, most superb, unbelievable value, stupendous, add your own superlatives here, so you can't believe a word she says.

So I am now down to liking Dirty Pete and Gollum, at least they are entertaining and we all know you can't believe a word as standard, so pure entertainment to me. Joanne I now can't have the volume up and Gen needs to be taught that the microphone means she doesn't need to shout.... LAYDEEEEEEEES :)

With regards to Derrick I am surprised Q hired him, his products fine but him, I can't see him 'lasting long' given the fact he seems to me a 'creepy old man'.

What a joy earlier sering Howard earlier on a treadmill and exercise bike. Surprised to hear no mention of his reporting for the BBC which he likes to mention. Also gave Tim a telling off for saying "darling".

Regarding Derek Bel(Kar)cher, his departure from Ideal World was announced by their most sincere presenter in this most touching tribute: http://blog.idealworld.tv/presenter-blogs/shauns-one-to-watch/goodbye-derek-belcher

Clearly overcome with emotion, and doubtless holding back the finest crocodile tears, Shaun opened up about how he would ‘truly miss Derek being part of the Ideal World family’.

Derek left Ideal World so that he could ‘spend more time with his own family’. Now whilst that might be the world’s biggest euphemism, often deployed to hide the real reason for someone’s exit, I’m sure that it was absolutely true in this instance.

Whilst he may very well have been looking forward to a blissful retirement, it seems that fate had other ideas. It’s pure speculation of course, but I imagine that the desire for an audience, ‘the viewers’, as he so affectionately call them, was just too great to resist for this seasoned performer.

Being the great showman that he is, it did not take long for Derek to reprise his novelty ‘high-pressure’ comedy act, and he quickly found a new home, and ‘family’, at QVC (minus the yellow wellies and Karcher equipment). From what I hear, it’s at least as funny-and profitable-as his old routine.

Well, that's show business for you:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back