Indeed Howard, now I DON'T believe a word you say :)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grippeh

Registered Shopper
Always hear Poward chugging on about how "I hate liars, if you found out I was lying you'd never trust a word I said again" which is kind of a new schpeel, but yes indeed, after the oven show the other day I now won't believe a word he says :)
It was the daewoo micro/oven thing, or possibly the other ideal brand but same thing, and as ever they insist on doing a pizza, to show the crispy bottom. The trouble is, the pizza NEVER has once come out crispy, but Poward grabbed it out of the oven before William could and it literally flopped almost in half, then William tries to rescue it with some bullshirt, and Howard says how crispy that is!!! Barefaced to be honest, and now I will never take Poward or William seriously ever again. I know it's only a small thing, but to stand there and lie, just drives my pipe!!!

Derrick Belcher, our old favourite, who was so dedicated to us as Ideal viewers, who retired....... is in fact now on QVC flogging his wares. Hmmmm, loyal to the last huh :p

I have finally sussed why Hayley is so vile to me, she states that EVERY item is the best, most superb, unbelievable value, stupendous, add your own superlatives here, so you can't believe a word she says.

So I am now down to liking Dirty Pete and Gollum, at least they are entertaining and we all know you can't believe a word as standard, so pure entertainment to me. Joanne I now can't have the volume up and Gen needs to be taught that the microphone means she doesn't need to shout.... LAYDEEEEEEEES :)

OMG, as an aside, just spotted Rob Locke of shopping telly fame as the headmaster at Kitten college in the Whiskas advert!!!!

I have to disagree, Mike Mason is arrogant, rude and aggressive, and Peter Simon is a dirty perve who's only missing a beige coloured Mac, he doesn't know how to sell to save his life "just! just buy it!" "Oh look at that!" "just buy it!" not in the slightest bit entertaining to me, when ones a bully and the other thinks comments like "coming up the rear" then trying to suppress a giggle is appropriate, you may find their antics funny, others find them offensive and unacceptable.

Things must be really bad if you say you actually like PS and the bald one desperation indeed:sad:

Loen is entertaining, without being totally obnoxious about it, and doesn't appear to take herself too seriously. Not feeling the love for Mrs Love? To me she is hands-down the pick of a bad (and getting worse) bunch.

OMG, as an aside, just spotted Rob Locke of shopping telly fame as the headmaster at Kitten college in the Whiskas advert!!!!

Look out for Paul Lavers in the Haribo commercial, he's one of the people standing on the Train Station Platform.

Regarding Poo Poo, and this schlocky channel in general, if a point is ever over emphasised (like Poo Poo's dislike of liars) then just assume the exact opposite. You won't be far wrong.

Remember the Kitchen M8, never, ever going to be sold at this price again, we got emails from the buyers confirming this blah blah blah, bullshat?

Poo Poo, and Ideal World, is full of Poo Poo :mysmilie_59:

I can just about put up with Loen she has the dirtiest laugh i have heard :mysmilie_17:

I like Loen, I like Rachel too.

Right at the end of a show yesterday Sally, totally sincerely, was gushing about how much she loves 'Chef' William.

Cue Rachel in her very first piece to camera and she said 'I can't stand William'. She was only joking of course but it's just nice to hear a bit of irreverence amongst all the utter crap the goons usually spout :mysmilie_59:

Why do you all think its 'sad' that I prefer to watch 2 presenters that you dislike? For a start off, have none of you considered these 'personas' are just acts? Secondly, you think it would be less sad to watch some boring monotonal idiot like Joanne say the same things, about the same products, hour on hour? Thirdly, if you find any of the presenters offensive; write to Ofcom, Ideal World, or don't watch, or turn the sound off like I have to with Joanne. lastly, would it be sad it I liked liver and bacon? but you didn't? Crikey shopperholic, I apologised to you last time we 'met' for saying you were silly to prefer Ideal as a channel over QVC, siting personal choice.....

maymorganlondon, I find Loen offensive actually, her sales tactics in the past have left me feeling sick. I do agree the bunch is getting worse though, thank goodness for my 2 'sad' choice presenters or I would be offski :)

Peace and love to each other hey :)

It's easy to imagine Gollum being liked by a lot of occasional Ideal World viewers especially when he's on his best behaviour; indeed I know someone who still likes him despite all my attempts to persuade them otherwise. But I've seen enough of Gollum in the past (mainly on Bid I might add but doubt that he's changed his behaviour radically since then) that amply demonstrates his general unpleasantness.

And it's bizarre that shopping TV channels frown upon presenters saying things like "Oh my god" (it's usually "Oh my word", "Oh my goodness" or "Oh my giddy aunt" in the case of Mr. Simon) despite it being common on "normal telly", but Howard talking about breaking wind in bed like he did when talking about mattresses recently? :puke: No problem. Indeed I now switch over within seconds of seeing this disgusting creature since I've learnt my lesson with Howard. Ugh.

I won't watch MM, Sally Jacks or Pervy Pete because I saw more than enough of their antics on Bid. And read the ASA rulings about their less-than-honest sales techniques targeting the old and vulnerable, and outright lying about products.

But Howard's another one I really cannot watch. Don't ask me why, but there's just something about him that just feels "wrong". I know that sounds stupid, but he just has to appear on screen and I have to change channels. Weird.

Just to let you know Grippeh, I have contacted IW on several occasions to inform them of my disgust of MM and PS, I also got several ASA complaints held and Bid were fined saying that though I can't take all the credit I was only one of hundreds. I do prefer Joanne by a mile and I'll tell you why, if I want entertainment I'll watch Sky, if I want to purchase something from IW I'll watch someone like Joanne, because if I'm watching IW I obviously want to buy something, and I'd like to know about it before I part with my money, hearing "just buy it!!! just buy it!!!!" just doesn't convince me.

I do dislike it when people in general say ''If i'm being honest'' as if ever thing they usually say is utter bollocks.

I see it this way.

Ideal world is now in the gutter, it's status was confirmed with the Royal Sounvenir abomination. This channel is trash.

If they say 'I have to be honest' assume it's a lie, if they say 'we've been on air for 16 years' assume it won't make 17 and if Poo Poo says 'I hate Liars' have sympathy for his lack of self worth :mysmilie_59:

I think this is the thing with shopping telly, actually almost any sales/selling environment. Take the eating or drinking ... they ALWAYS act as if they're just about to have a 'moment' if you catch my drift, such is the excellence of what has just passed their lips. How I LONG for the day one of them actually screws their face up and goes 'YUCK!!!' actually I'm sure there's a clip somewhere on YouTube I saw years ago of a shopping telly presenter going 'yum yum' and then, thinking the camera had moved, you see them spitting out whatever's in their mouth and pulling a face.

No matter what they're selling, they're paid to act like it's the best thing since sliced bread, and on that front I suppose they actually do quite a good job ... albeit in an over-dramatic amateur dramatics kind of way.

And I'm with the folk on here that enjoy (in a twisted way) watching the folk that annoy me. I've never bought a single item from these channels and never will, the only reason I hop on every now and again is to get faux wound-up by presenters that annoy me :)

Don't knock it, grippeh - it's a job with the Royal Shakespeare Company compared to a 'gig' with IW!! :mysmilie_19:

totally spot-on, Wirral. In my view, it plumbed the absolute depths with the Royal Commemorative book hour (and heaven knows, the channel's been plunging downwards for yonks and certainly since the ex-Bid clowns were rescued from wherever they'd been after the demise of Bid). My disgust with that hour was absolute - the appalling standard of presenting and non-knowledge of the product was one thing, but the incorrect information was something else, and totally misleading, IMO. And not only from the Pope but from the guest, too!!! They should have come on afterwards and issued an apology.

If they say 'I have to be honest' assume it's a lie, if they say 'we've been on air for 16 years' assume it won't make 17 and if Poo Poo says 'I hate Liars' have sympathy for his lack of self worth :mysmilie_59:[/QUOTE]

Agree. I can watch him and have a good, but I do find him quite strange.
I won't watch MM, Sally Jacks or Pervy Pete because I saw more than enough of their antics on Bid. And read the ASA rulings about their less-than-honest sales techniques targeting the old and vulnerable, and outright lying about products.

But Howard's another one I really cannot watch. Don't ask me why, but there's just something about him that just feels "wrong". I know that sounds stupid, but he just has to appear on screen and I have to change channels. Weird.

Latest posts

Back