Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

Protect your children and your finances .....

Read More

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Post Thanks / Like

This is it exactly - if you have the money, or are willing to save up, you want a piece that you can see without a jewellers loupe to find it and a decent quality diamond. If you know it will be difficult to ever afford a piece like this, then there's a place for this type of jewellery, they give people the pleasure of having at least a tiny chip in the piece that's a fancy coloured diamond. But for this price, it's probably going to be a poor quality diamond and of course it will be treated. In fairness, TJC are not the only ones who are not very outspoken about the diamonds being treated - I'd always recommend that if anyone buys a piece from Gemporia, they click on the "Details" tab for the piece and scroll down, to find out if it's treated. There's also a section on their website under "gem treatments", but the presenters do not always mention this when they sell a piece; the only two who would mention it regularly were Scott Worsfold and Liv Edmonds. Personally, I think they should mention it with every piece - after all, they are very speedy to tell you (and keep harping on it) if the stone is a natural gemstone, so why not the other way round? I think they should also mention it on the authenticity card, too. There's no need for them to go into great detail on-air of what it entails to treat a gemstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
      I wouldn't expect to. But when the coloured metalwork is outweighing the diamond content by Lord knows what extent (plus the fact you'd be hard pressed to spot the stones with the naked eye, a feat neither Cris nor Deepak attempted) is a bit of a push calling it "diamond jewellery".

Maybe other people are OK with this, but if I'm going to buy diamond jewellery, or anything with stones in it, I want it to be something I and others can see. Not "Well it's somewhere there in the blue rhodium plate".

› See More: "Blue diamond jewellery for under 10!" Well, sort of...
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

Enigma Guest

I actually mentioned something similar on Gemporia's FB page after seeing a particular open gallery tanzanite ring get sold on screen, and I was wondering if they would tell the buyers that this was not a recommended setting to such a fragile stone (and it was never mentioned in the sales patter on air). All they would say was "We give aftercare info on looking after stones". Which is lovely, but surely warning about tanzanite's relative fragility (and in such an open ring setting) should have been mentioned up front?