Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Planning Crowd joins Ideal World!

Ideal World are delighted to announce the arrival of the newest member of their family The Planning Crowd. Coming on board with over 30 years combined experience working in the estate planning sector, the team at The Planning Crowd will take care of all your will writing and funeral planning requirements.

Tune in to Ideal World from Thursday 23rd March at 8pm to hear how you and your family could benefit in the long term by forward planning. With a range of services available from wills, will trusts, funeral plans and DNA sample kits right through to legal services like conveyancing, professional trust management and executor services joining The Planning Crowd can help you and your loved ones no matter what the eventuality.

Protect your children and your finances .....

Read More

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this is one of the few positive things the ASA have done. Some of the start prices were totally off-the-wall, and you'd get all this "trust me, the price will be going lower". Yes, well, fine, but what does that tell you - you want to know the actual price the item's going to be, not sit there through 500 price drops while they try to convince you that you're getting a better deal than you are.
      Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
      The falling auction thing is a con. Bid and Gemporia were taken to task by the ASA for starting auctions off at an artificially high price to make the final price appear even better to potential customers. After investigation of actual RRP selly telly channels with falling auctions were categorically told to stop it and start at an actual verifiable RRP. I would never think of buying something until I know exactly what I'm paying for it.

› See More: So long and farewell TJC
      Thanks shopperholic thanked for this post
      Likes reanebeanie, Turandot liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've NEVER understood the point of falling price "auctions." It just seems to me that they start with a ridiculously inflated price and spout a load of bollocks before doing their stupid price "plunges." Where else are you subjected to such nonsense? Imagine if you went into Sainsburys and saw a loaf of bread for 108, having some c*nt spouting drivel for 10 minutes, their voice getting louder and louder building up to a crescendo of feigned excitement, before the pumping music kicks in: Daduh,Daduh,Daduh,Daduh, deduh,deduh,deduh,deduh, diduh,diduh,diduh,diduh, deeduh,deeduh, duduh,duduh, bash! bash!bash!bash! Oh look the loaf is 1.50! Go get it! "Oooh just as well the manager's not here, we'd get such a telling-off because what we're doing is so naughty! I don't know about other people but when I buy something I just want to know the price and decide straight away. Everyone knows the start price is a joke, so what is the point with f*cking around with all that f*cking ****? I HATE IT! I have actually had an ASA complaint successfully upheld against them and will complain at every opportunity. I'd actually like to see them taken off air. Their T&Cs state that the start price is "no indication of value or worth" (a statement which in itself is a tautology). OK, so why do it then? Also if the start price is truly "randomly-generated" why is it always, and without exception extremely high? Why don't we see a start price of just a few quid more? I can't stand their dodgy sales tactics, the crap music, the annoying presenters and awful management. Amit Agrewal has a grating voice, limited command of English and his stating something is a "wery wery good prrrrice" or a "speshellll deeelllll" does not entice me to buy. Just look on Trustpilot for the horror stories of crap jewellery and terrible service. That many people cannot be lying.
      Likes mr tom , Avid , Mommabear , reanebeanie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
      I have actually had an ASA complaint successfully upheld against them and will complain at every opportunity.
      Yup - it's important for a company to be kept on its toes.

I'd actually like to see them taken off air.
      I confess, I shop at TJC more than any other shopping channel. I like that they have diversified and moved into selling other things. I've bought their scarves and think they are great value for money (controversial, I know). I've even dabbled with their bespoke service. I'm not keen on the tatt, but overall, I've been satisfied with the things I've purchased. Therefore, I only want to see Amit, Sayid and Tenner taken off air - they are super-annoying and can't present for toffee.

Amit Agrewal has a grating voice, limited command of English and his stating something is a "wery wery good prrrrice" or a "speshellll deeelllll" does not entice me to buy. Just look on Trustpilot for the horror stories of crap jewellery and terrible service. That many people cannot be lying.
      My favorite Amitism; "Look how beautiful it looks it." - he's ok in v.small doses.

I'll check out Trustpilot. Thanks for the tip!
      Last edited by Avid; 01-04-2016 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avid View Post
      Yup - it's important for a company to be kept on its toes.

I confess, I shop at TJC more than any other shopping channel. I like that they have diversified and moved into selling other things. I've bought their scarves and think they are great value for money (controversial, I know). I've even dabbled with their bespoke service. I'm not keen on the tatt, but overall, I've been satisfied with the things I've purchased. Therefore, I only want to see Amit, Sayid and Tenner taken off air - they are super-annoying and can't present for toffee.

My favorite Amitism; "Look how beautiful it looks it." - he's ok in v.small doses.

I'll check out Trustpilot. Thanks for the tip!
      Amit's ego knows know bounds. Not too long ago I seem to recall they had an animated / filmed sequence of him "exploring" the world in a hot air balloon searching for precious gems. I think Amit is more full of hot air than that balloon.

More people will know about TJC very soon! Wait until August! Raaaaaaahahahahaha!

Post Thanks / Like

As a jewellery Novice it comes across to me that the presenters are forced to build and butter up the ego of the buyers. The adverts seem to focus on the buyers.

Yet if they are such fantastic buyers... why are they always on camera and not out doing their day jobs.

Just silly little business folk with their tv star dreams.
      ''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

Post Thanks / Like

I've NEVER understood the point of falling price "auctions." It just seems to me that they start with a ridiculously inflated price and spout a load of bollocks before doing their stupid price "plunges." Where else are you subjected to such nonsense? Imagine if you went into Sainsburys and saw a loaf of bread for 108, having some c*nt spouting drivel for 10 minutes, their voice getting louder and louder building up to a crescendo of feigned excitement, before the pumping music kicks in: Daduh,Daduh,Daduh,Daduh, deduh,deduh,deduh,deduh, diduh,diduh,diduh,diduh, deeduh,deeduh, duduh,duduh, bash! bash!bash!bash! Oh look the loaf is 1.50! Go get it! "Oooh just as well the manager's not here, we'd get such a telling-off because what we're doing is so naughty! I don't know about other people but when I buy something I just want to know the price and decide straight away. Everyone knows the start price is a joke, so what is the point with f*cking around with all that f*cking ****? I HATE IT! I have actually had an ASA complaint successfully upheld against them and will complain at every opportunity. I'd actually like to see them taken off air. Their T&Cs state that the start price is "no indication of value or worth" (a statement which in itself is a tautology). OK, so why do it then? Also if the start price is truly "randomly-generated" why is it always, and without exception extremely high? Why don't we see a start price of just a few quid more? I can't stand their dodgy sales tactics, the crap music, the annoying presenters and awful management. Amit Agrewal has a grating voice, limited command of English and his stating something is a "wery wery good prrrrice" or a "speshellll deeelllll" does not entice me to buy. Just look on Trustpilot for the horror stories of crap jewellery and terrible service. That many people cannot be lying.
      They even do it on an ''under 10 day'' for example.

what possible justification for having a product displayed as any amount above a tenner on that day... apart from trying to create the impression that the item is worth more than a tenner.
      Likes reanebeanie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      They even do it on an ''under 10 day'' for example.

what possible justification for having a product displayed as any amount above a tenner on that day... apart from trying to create the impression that the item is worth more than a tenner.
      I know! It's so silly, isn't it? I don't consider to be an auction in any way, shape or form whatsoever. If the lowest bidder wins, I'll give them nothing for their silly products...but oh no it doesn't work like that! They just have a price they want to sell at, they vastly inflate it, make a song and a dance about the money they are "taking off" which of course they are truly not, then feign amazement at all the price plunges! The funniest thing is if you watch online, you see the next price slightly before the on-screen presentation. It's quite clear the presenter can see this information, yet still they gasp and pontificate!
      Likes reanebeanie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know! It's so silly, isn't it? I don't consider to be an auction in any way, shape or form whatsoever. If the lowest bidder wins, I'll give them nothing for their silly products...but oh no it doesn't work like that! They just have a price they want to sell at, they vastly inflate it, make a song and a dance about the money they are "taking off" which of course they are truly not, then feign amazement at all the price plunges! The funniest thing is if you watch online, you see the next price slightly before the on-screen presentation. It's quite clear the presenter can see this information, yet still they gasp and pontificate!
      exactly right mate... if anything, calling in early just means you are more likely to get the item for a higher price, due to artificially inflating the demand.

I will admit I found it a guilty pleasure when I first saw Amit doing an advert on a yacht, looking like an Asian Miami vice... but the level of focus on him and his mates is ridiculous.

To put it another way... could you see Debbie Flint putting up with his sh#t/claiming her sales are really his?
      Likes historymystery, reanebeanie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

has anyone noticed the spend 45 and get free delivery has changed to 65 now ( Free Standard Delivery
      When you spend 65). i am sick of tjc,over the last few months its changed so much what with all this beauty crap and silly guests on all the time it really has gone down hill so much i cant even watch diddy Derek marks any more that's how bad tjc has become.
      Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

TLL, Diddy Derek is rarer than hen's teeth on there - I think it's very much a "2nd job" for him, and he does other things elsewhere (sensible). The buyers are truly dreadful and how the presenters can stand there like spare parts, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by T Lee Lee View Post
      has anyone noticed the spend 45 and get free delivery has changed to 65 now ( Free Standard Delivery
      When you spend 65). i am sick of tjc,over the last few months its changed so much what with all this beauty crap and silly guests on all the time it really has gone down hill so much i cant even watch diddy Derek marks any more that's how bad tjc has become.
      Likes shopperholic liked this post