So long and farewell TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TLL, Diddy Derek is rarer than hen's teeth on there - I think it's very much a "2nd job" for him, and he does other things elsewhere (sensible). The buyers are truly dreadful and how the presenters can stand there like spare parts, I don't know.

Wee Diddy is one of the few that I can watch on that channel, and then only if he is on his own. I just want to see listen to the presenters, not the numerous attention seekers, Amit with his self importance have me rushing for the :puke: bucket....

it's a double edged sword with Amit. Either he personally brings prices down, thus meaning that when a presenter is on their own, the customer is being ripped off.... or he adds no difference to prices and he is a lying ****. (my opinion)

Couldn't have put it better, mr tom - thanks for giving me a really good laugh! :mysmilie_497:
it's a double edged sword with Amit. Either he personally brings prices down, thus meaning that when a presenter is on their own, the customer is being ripped off.... or he adds no difference to prices and he is a lying ****. (my opinion)

He's a buyer, yes? So his job is to source gems and metals and haggle for close out deals?

So why is he setting prices anyway? If he's at some trade fair or whatever in the far east, does he still have to look to see if a platinum bond tatty necklace is selling or not on air, then ring in to tell the production team to knock a tenner off to try and improve viewer interest and shift it all?

Because that's the impression the presenters give. And if that's one of Amit's jobs, why do the presenters and producers feel they can allegedly ignore him and give their own reductions? And if the presenters can apparently ignore Amit, WHY does he need to be on screen at all?

The whole thing stinks

It's a gimmick to make customers feel he is in a position of power and able to give them HUGE reductions because he is powerful.A while back they had Amitathon when he was on air all day.

It's just another sales pitch. The presenters all do the " phone call to Amit for a special price" and come across like we should be so grateful to Amit. It doesn't work for me but must fool people otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Latest posts

Back