Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dr Quincy

Registered Shopper
I'm not really sure about this guy's patter but he certainly rambles on and is being allowed to ramble on without actually talking about the product for some time, beginning a sentence but often not finishing. He is amusing and in small doses tolerable, I kind of like him, but don't believe a word he says. He reminds me of the late Steve Whatley who was annoying but highly entertaining some might say craaaaaazzzzeeeee. At least (for the moment) we aren't being threatened with photos of Peter Simon in short shorts and nothing else sporting a Zhush tan. Shopping TV is often on in the background for me and like snooker, it has a hypnotic effect where I often end up asleep. Is it fair to say the Peter Simon is using shopping TV to further his Les Dawson-esque comedy routine and that we are being denied comedy gold which is being interrupted by stock updates and vague information about sat navs (I got lost in the playground at school).

I'm not really sure about this guy's patter but he certainly rambles on and is being allowed to ramble on without actually talking about the product for some time, beginning a sentence but often not finishing. He is amusing and in small doses tolerable, I kind of like him, but don't believe a word he says. He reminds me of the late Steve Whatley who was annoying but highly entertaining some might say craaaaaazzzzeeeee. At least (for the moment) we aren't being threatened with photos of Peter Simon in short shorts and nothing else sporting a Zhush tan. Shopping TV is often on in the background for me and like snooker, it has a hypnotic effect where I often end up asleep. Is it fair to say the Peter Simon is using shopping TV to further his Les Dawson-esque comedy routine and that we are being denied comedy gold which is being interrupted by stock updates and vague information about sat navs (I got lost in the playground at school).

I'm honestly beginning to believe that it's deliberate and that the bosses don't want the goons to spend any time describing their mundane merchandise which would be fine if they'd allow the 'Experts' (where applicable) to talk. What I watched of the TomTom show was lamentable. Truly dire, the worst programme I have ever seen on Selly Telly, ever. I mean it.

Don't give this shower a bean, they genuinely don't deserve it if they think all you're worth is that abhorration. I wouldn't trust or wish to do business with such a schlocky outfit.

Pathetic :down:

Yes I think so but I think he's wasting his time. I think he's creepy and odd, not funny. His 'sincere' moments when selling jewellery are just a bad act. His 'performances' range from the ridiculous to the utterly stupid, according to what he's flogging. He has shown the real him in rare exposed moments while at Bid, when he became extremely agitated with the co presenters. He's really quite scary imo.

He's a very poor shopping telly presenter and I would not pay a penny towards his wages either.

Steve Whatley may have been many things but I think he was basically a lovely man. who is still very much missed.

Yes I think so but I think he's wasting his time. I think he's creepy and odd, not funny. His 'sincere' moments when selling jewellery are just a bad act. His 'performances' range from the ridiculous to the utterly stupid, according to what he's flogging. He has shown the real him in rare exposed moments while at Bid, when he became extremely agitated with the co presenters. He's really quite scary imo.

He's a very poor shopping telly presenter and I would not pay a penny towards his wages either.

Steve Whatley may have been many things but I think he was basically a lovely man. who is still very much missed.

Steve Whatley was a bit 'zany' for want of a better word and not really to my taste but he was never offensive, he was uber professional on screen and really, really well clued up on the products. But now you can sum up the state of this grubby outfit in four words.

Mike Mason Peter Simon

Or just one. Muck :mysmilie_59:

He has shown the real him in rare exposed moments while at Bid, when he became extremely agitated with the co presenters.

Not defending his behaviour but we shouldn't truthfully judge someone's overall character solely on occasional bouts of agitation. Never met him but according to someone I know he's apparently very pleasant off-camera and I would rather be stuck in a lift with him as opposed to any number of the other presenters (Howard Poo Poo being firmly at the bottom of the list with self-opinionated Gollum being next).

Some of Peter Simon's "incompetence" is definitely a put-on act, especially not saying the whole of the phone number because he does it nearly all of the time and surely he would have been reprimanded by now if management didn't like this. But there is the odd occasion when you're not 100% sure whether the "incompetence" is fake or real, and this becomes most important when it relates to the actual product being sold.

Not defending his behaviour but we shouldn't truthfully judge someone's overall character solely on occasional bouts of agitation. Never met him but according to someone I know he's apparently very pleasant off-camera and I would rather be stuck in a lift with him as opposed to any number of the other presenters (Howard Poo Poo being firmly at the bottom of the list with self-opinionated Gollum being next).

Some of Peter Simon's "incompetence" is definitely a put-on act, especially not saying the whole of the phone number because he does it nearly all of the time and surely he would have been reprimanded by now if management didn't like this. But there is the odd occasion when you're not 100% sure whether the "incompetence" is fake or real, and this becomes most important when it relates to the actual product being sold.

:mysmilie_466: It'll never happen thankfully

I doubt there's any reprimands heading his way, on the contrary. They know exactly what he's like and that's why they hired him.

He just bulldozers his way through programmes, shouting and spluttering drivel, 10%, 30%, it's limited stock, when it's gone it's gone, just buy it, not only, my backpassage, I love Chickens, Paul Brooodel, not completing sentences when it suits and on and on ................ Yes of course it's deliberate, he's a stooge, it's the hallmark of a schlocky outfit, Bid was exactly the same.

He (and others) will do anything but seriously describe the dross on sale, that's why they hired him, i'm sure.

But they'll run out of steam, just like Bid, it's inevitable. You cannot carry on like this indefinitely, just look at the real reviews on Trust Pilot etc, they're shocking. But the owners won't care when it goes pop, they'll have taken their shilling :mysmilie_59:

Where will Pope Pete turn up if IW aka Bid go kaput, I wonder? He's run out of shopping channels, and has no real knowledge of jewellery at all. He was shoved out of Gemporia after about a month and I can't see TJC offering him a job.
I doubt there's any reprimands heading his way, on the contrary. They know exactly what he's like and that's why they hired him.

He just bulldozers his way through programmes, shouting and spluttering drivel, 10%, 30%, it's limited stock, when it's gone it's gone, just buy it, not only, my backpassage, I love Chickens, Paul Brooodel, not completing sentences when it suits and on and on ................ Yes of course it's deliberate, he's a stooge, it's the hallmark of a schlocky outfit, Bid was exactly the same.

He (and others) will do anything but seriously describe the dross on sale, that's why they hired him, i'm sure.

But they'll run out of steam, just like Bid, it's inevitable. You cannot carry on like this indefinitely, just look at the real reviews on Trust Pilot etc, they're shocking. But the owners won't care when it goes pop, they'll have taken their shilling :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back