£2,000 for a miele tumble dryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

John Lewis sell it for £1,999! Unbelievable, the drum must be platinum plated.

Just switched it on and nearly fell over. I don't think I paid that much for all my appliances, Fridge Freezer, Freezer, Washing Machine, Microwave, and still had plenty of change. Cheap skate I know, but that price is going over the top

Just switched it on and nearly fell over. I don't think I paid that much for all my appliances, Fridge Freezer, Freezer, Washing Machine, Microwave, and still had plenty of change. Cheap skate I know, but that price is going over the top

I would put money on JF saying she has one, as she knows nothing about using kitchen and laundry gadgets it will still be in the box....bit like her brain

Yep I need a new tumble dryer and washing machine, just check behind the sofa, yep got a spare £4K there. Come on Q wake up and smell the roses! How many people are really going to pay £2K for a machine. I mean even bosch are cheaper.

Miele is always expensive, wherever you want to buy it. Dont't know if they have outlets.

Miele do make some nice stuff, I have a fairly large Miele fridge/freezer & never had any issues with it! (Unlike previous Whirlpool ones, that always seemed to be running with water in the summer!)
I really don't think I could bring myself to fork out 1800 quid on a tumble dryer however! :mysmilie_13:

My JL one has pretty much all those features (bar the inbuilt smelly thing!) & cost about £450! It's a heat pump one so a bit slower than normal but very economical & although I never thought I would ever be emotionally attached to white goods, I have to admit I am a little bit in love with it! :heart:

Last edited:
We sell Miele appliances, but few and far between. On the odd occasion, a customer who will ask for Miele, is replacing a Miele. Miele have just introduced a 5 year warranty, as opposed to 2 years, over the last year. For a firm, which has factory tested it's appliances, to last 20 years, I would expect at least 5 years. Neither LG, nor Samsung, allege such longevity, yet both offer 5 years. LG is more expensive than Samsung but, in my professional and personal opinion, with good reason.
QVC is broadcasting to all economic climates; If you work in a town, with high unemployment, for example, most households will not have a £2000 dryer, as a priority. The TMV840 is a Heat Pump, and they are always more costly, because of the technology.

I wouldn't pay that for a washing machine or a dryer but to all intents and purposes I live alone so I feel something cheaper will do the job. I did look at a Miele when my washer dryer went phut recently. I went for a Hotpoint in the end and I'm very happy with it.

But that £2k is what top end Miele washers or dryers go for. Clearly some choose to buy them and if that's their choice then fair dues. Pays your money etc.

Same as everything thing else ... there's always choice and alternatives.

I've ordered two - one to go in my gift drawer. Can't decide whether it will be the lollipop lady's Christmas present or an end-of-term gift for the history teacher. First world problem !

I've ordered two - one to go in my gift drawer. Can't decide whether it will be the lollipop lady's Christmas present or an end-of-term gift for the history teacher. First world problem !

Ah but don't forget your girlfriend, she's tried yours and loved it so you're going to have to buy her one.

I was going to order too but feel rather annoyed that the P&P is free so I won't save anything on the second and third ones. Think my milkman's cousin twice removed and the relief sales assistant in the local garden centre will be very disappointed as they would have made the most perfect gifts....:mysmilie_17:

Hate tumble driers anyway, My washing machine is made by Indesit and still works after 9 years! Secret is to not use the spin setting on high. Use 800 and spin it twice!
Looking forward to drying things outdoors.

Last edited:
There's times I'm grateful for my tumble drier but I do love to see washing out on the line in the sun with a light breeze, nature provides its own tumble drier for us (when it's not giving us the rinse and spin function that is)

I have no space for a tumble drier, it saves me being tempted by the QVC great offer price....:mysmilie_845:

Latest posts

Back